A Simple Question

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

A Simple Question

Postby Rayage on February 6th, 2011, 4:50 pm

I was wondering where in the world of Mizahar would someone get a job as an Attorney. I know you have to set it up with a storyteller, but I'm rather lost in where he would work. Every town that seems to have order has some council to settle matters like that. So any advice? Oh, and I think a nuit would make a great Attorney because they are ambivalent on human matters and being unsocial shouldn't really care the outcome. A perfect judge so to say.

Thanks in advance!
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Simple Question

Postby Kelpie on February 6th, 2011, 8:59 pm

Personally, and this is my opinion, I don't believe an attorney will actually be successful or required in a post-apocalyptic world. Maybe Ahnatep or somewhere where politics would actually NOT mean getting your head chopped off if you displeased someone. Then again I could be wrong.

Your right in that most cities have a council to get things done with, but the one being judged does not have someone to back them up. They have to back themselves up. Mizahar isn't present day. It's more like medieval times, where there isn't great technology and the mindset is totally different. If you steal something in Syliras, the Knights will be on your butt in a heartbeat. If you kill someone in Ravok, you could die at the hands of the Ebonstryfe. It's all very subjective.
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)