Crossing Blades (Sulavik)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on February 16th, 2011, 4:55 am

55 Winter, 510 AV

Aello was sitting in one of Ravok's many alleys with her back against the wall of a tall wooden building. The wood had been painted a dark brown color, which closely resembled mud. The paint was chipping around the edges, and the wood was splitting as though it had been struck by tumultuous rains and lightning one too many times, or perhaps, as though the carpenter who had built it hadn't bothered to sand the wood before assembling it. Several random splotches of dark brown mold clung to the wooden frame, making it appear sickly, like it had a house's version of the human chicken pox. Thin lines of dirt and grime clung to the wood like a babe to her mother, it filled every nook and cranny of every wooden beam that helped create the frame of the building.

The wood was cold and stiff, as was the ground. Everything was cast in shadow, the sun being high in the sky, but not high enough to shine over the tops of the buildings that surrounded the alley in order to illuminate it with its pale golden-colored rays. Aello was sitting quietly, her legs bent at the knee, and tucked close to the body, but so closely as to cause her knees to knock her in the face, or hinder her vision. She had removed the mysterious blood-stained dagger from concealment a few minutes before, and was turning it over and over in her hands. She had realized soon after she had acquired it, that no matter how many times she tried to get rid of it, it would always find her way back to her. Not only that, but no matter how many times she wiped it with a clean cloth, or rinsed it with some water; there was no getting the blood out.

As she twirled the blade over and over, watching the blood appear to glint in the darkness, Aello couldn't help but think about all the things that had happened to her since she had acquired it- possession after possession, ghostly encounter after ghostly encounter, it was almost as though the blade attracted the things; ghosts, that is. Aello sighed, she had no way of knowing for sure, but she did know, that she was seeing more and more of the dead lately. Not that she minded, for the most part anyway. Possession was still something that she needed to get used to, but talking to ghosts was something she could handle, for the most part.

The sudden sound of footsteps jerked Aello out of her thoughts, but when she looked up, and glanced all around the alley, she saw nothing other than what had been there before- crates stacked in the far corner, the walls, darkness, her bag and her bow leaning against the wall on her right side. "Suppose it was just a rat," Aello whispered into the alley, shrugging it off as though the movement were nothing, she quickly turned back to her blade. It was starting to feel heavier than before, and look bloodier. Startled, Aello gasped, was she starting to lose it? Aello wondered.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sulavik on February 20th, 2011, 3:15 am

Sulavik was walking out amongst Ravok, having ventured out of his dodgy little dusty room in the boarding house and headed out towards the Merchant's Ring. He had heard there was a good place to eat there. It felt odd, playing tourist in a city such as Ravok, but he didn't have much else to do during the day.

He was walking down a street with several back alleys on either side. The street itself was quiet, and glancing into the back alleys, he guessed this was a residential district. He still didn't know much about the town though. Makil was still pretty resentful of Sulavik's decision to come here, and often times took over enough so that they stayed in the room all day. He liked walking down this street, secluded as it was, giving him a break for the not entirely safe stares he got given from people. As he walked down the street, he glanced randomly into a side alley.

Except this one wasn't empty, despite the fact it was just as grimy and rank as the others. There was a girl in this one. She was short, with copperish hair to her shoulders. Her figure was womanly, curvy and aesthetically pleasing.

Aesthetically pleasing? She's petching hot.

Just to remind you, I'm gay.

Just to remind you, I'm not. Go talk to her.

No way, make me idiot.

All of a sudden, images of a not exactly pure nature invaded his mind. Makil and Aello, in Tarsin's Boarding House, doing...

STOP! Okay, okay, I'll talk to her.

The images, thankfully stopped. Sulavik hesitantly walked into the alleyway, truthfully a little frightened by this girl. She looked nice enough (HOT ENOUGH. Nice enough.) but there was no telling in a city like Ravok. It was as he neared her that he noticed what she was staring at, what she was turning over obsessively in her hands - a bloody dagger. His footsteps faltered as he stepped forward.

Oh no you don't. She's hot, I don't care if she's violent and insane. Besides, you have a Lakan. Use it.

Sulavik took a step forward, when her eyes shot up and she whispered her question to the still air around her. He watched as she looked down at her blade and gasped again. Feeling Makil's irritation and insistence, he cleared his throat unwillingly. He really didn't want to talk to the short, if aesthetically pleasing (HOT!) woman if she was insane.

"Uh, hello? You okay over there?"
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Aello on February 20th, 2011, 4:14 am

Startled by the voice she had just heard, Aello's heart began to beat like a drum in her chest. It had seemed to catch in her throat for a mere instant, before reminding itself that it was scared and should pick up the pace. Her palms felt sweaty, and Aello couldn't help but feel insanely nervous. Should she look up from the person's monstrosity of a grey shadow, which seemed to creep across the entire alleyway? Should she respond to the voice, or pretend she hadn't heard it for just a bit longer? Aello wondered, as she turned the bloody blade over a few more times in her hands, as if as a means of intimidation. Maybe if she flashed the blade enough, she'd come off as a crazy serial killer and they'd simply go away on their own. Aello wasn't feeling too friendly, and the fact that she was in an unfamiliar place that was known to her as being unfriendly didn't help the situation.

Upon realizing that the figure wasn't about to just walk away, Aello sighed heavily. She pressed her hands into her knees and slowly got to her feet, never taking her eyes off the ground. When she got up, she returned the dagger to its usual hiding place and said, "hello." After a few silent moments, Aello shuffled her feet and looked up to find a blue-skinned man towering over her. What in all of Mizahar was that? Aello wondered, never having seen a blue person before. But she didn't want to simply ASK what he was, that would be rude, wouldn't it?

"And yeah I'm fine," Aello said. "Just trying to get out of the main hustle and bustle of the city. And what about you mister...?" Aello's voice trailed off, simply waiting for him to fill in the blanks. She waited for a few moments before continuing, "and what are you doing out here? You seem a little out of place to say the very least," and that was when she betrayed her own promise to keep her mouth shut. "After all, you don't see many blue men walking around here." And of course, Aello never bothered to scold herself for her comments, doing such a thing was foolish. His getting mad at her would be even more foolish, or maybe not she thought. Either way, she didn't really care how he felt. It wasn't as though they were friends. And he had just crept up on her in a dark alleyway, all creeper-like.

"And speaking of over-sized blue men, what are you anyway?" Aello asked. "Never seen anything quite like you before. Do you hit your head on doorways?" Aello snickered. She had a hard time with tall people. She always found them really intimidating, and rarely attractive. The only way to make herself feel better was unfortunately, to make fun of them.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sulavik on February 26th, 2011, 12:56 am

Sulavik swallowed nervously as he watched the woman tense up when she heard his voice. He felt Makil's pleasure at that action, and shuddered as images of her tensing up in a completely different way flooded his head. Focusing way too hard on the woman's hands, turning her bloodied dagger, over and over again, in order to rid his mind of the dirty dirty disgusting images.

Pansy.

Petching gross.

Sulavik was glad that when she finally decided to greet him, she put the dagger away. Yes, he was almost double her age by the looks of things. Yes, he was over seven foot tall. Yes, he was strong and blue and male. But he wasn't insane, and that was something that she would have over him. Sulavik had found, on those rare occasions in Riverfall when he had been sparring with a man and their second soul had taken over, that insane unbalanced people had much more passion and much less to lose when they were fighting, so they pulled out all the stops. While Sulavik thought it dishonourable to fight using anything other than his Lakan, they would bite, scratch, gouge and chew - anything to get them the win. Sulavik didn't really want to engage in such a fight.

What a strange woman. She aimed to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city, so she walked into an old dilapidated, and frankly quite creepy, back alley and just decided to hang out here for a while with her knife? Because that's what all the normal people do these days. Starting when the woman asked his name, he stammered for a moment before the answer came to him. "Sul-sula-Makil." Control was wrest away from him by the sheer height of Makil's lust. All of a sudden, Sulavik was squashed and Makil was in charge, passionate, dominate and loins on fire for that which Sulavik had denied him for so long now. Makil's smile changed to a more seductive, predatory one, though he was in doubt that the woman had noticed. "What am I doing out here?" he purred. "Hopefully, I'll be doing you." Taking a powerful, purposeful few steps towards her, he grabbed her arms and pulled her to him, smashing lips to lips and thrusting a tongue deeply inside her mouth. His hips thrust forward, belying just how long it had been since he had had a woman. He was going to have this one now, whether she like it or not.

Before the woman could react or pull away, however, a sense of absolute disgust and violation overwhelmed Makil, and his soul was then in turn squashed by an angry Sulavik rising to power. Sulavik released the woman with a cry, stumbling back as far as he could. He rubbed at his mouth furiously, and thought about the blood spurting out of his uncle's neck, trying to get his excitement to go down.

"WHAT THE PETCHING HELL, MAKIL!" It was in Sulavik's complete rage and disgust that he did not noticed he yelled this aloud. He felt Makil's repressed anger in the back of his mind.

I want. To fuck. A woman.

Sulavik ignored him, still rubbing at his mouth, totally forgotten the woman's presence beside him.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Postby Aello on February 26th, 2011, 2:54 am

"Hello Makil," Aello said, not bothering to mention the few things that were on her mind out loud. Things like what a strange name and such a strange person to go with it.

As Makil continued to speak, Aello took a cautious half step back. His voice was rather sinister, and not at all something she liked the sound of. "You're uh... kind of creepy you know," Aello stammered. "Actually, make that really creepy." Aello paused for a moment before adding. "I have a knife you know... so I would suggest backing it up a few steps..." Aello's words were cut off.

Aello's eyes had grown wide as her hands dangled in midair, a little out to the side of her body. All she felt was a long, cold, slimy tongue down her throat, shoved in so forcefully and so deeply she thought she may vomit. Feeling as though she were drowning in Makil's desire for her, Aello's feet stomped lightly on the ground a few times. They emitted a muffled thud, and gave the impression that she was both grossed out and extremely uncomfortable.

Aello was about to push Makil away when his tongue suddenly slithered out of her mouth, and he pulled away. "Am I really that bad a kisser?" Aello inquired, as she stared at the Akalak, who was rapidly rubbing his mouth.

That's strange, Aello thought, as she tilted her head to the side. He had been the one to stick his tongue down her throat, after all. "I suppose that means yes," Aello commented glumly. It wasn't as though she liked Makil, found him attractive, or liked the kiss. It was simply that he had initiated and then pulled away almost as quickly that startled her. Who in their right mind did such a thing?

"And you know, you probably shouldn't be wiping your mouth in front of me," Aello began. "I'm certainly not, and you were the one who kissed me, and not the other way around," she added, before placing her hands on her hips.

"Not only that, but it's probably best you stop shouting at yourself," Aello commented with an amused grin. "Or perhaps I should say, making up people to blame for your actions." Oh how little she knew. There were two people inside of one blue body. Each with their own personality that sharply contrasted that of the other, much like when she was possessed. Two people ruled one vessel, each had their own desires, and intentions. Each wanted to run the show, but neither truly did. They shared; everything.

"It's rather juvenile you know," Aello commented, snickering, yet scolding Sulivak at the same time, even though her voice seemed playful.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sulavik on February 27th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Utter horror and disgust reigned Sulavik's face, the taste of a woman stuck in his mouth. It was absolutely foul. It made him sick to his stomach. It was his first kiss, and he had to experience it with a petching WOMAN! What the petching hell?

I'm horny and straight. You're seemingly asexual and gay. You can't blame me for wanting some freaking action.

Helioc, you molested the poor girl. Now I have to explain it wasn't actually me. Screw you.

Fuck you Sulavik, I just want some freaking snatch!

The woman was talking to him, but he was too preoccupied with the taste on his tongue. "Petching gross. Is this what all women taste like?" he muttered, trying to shake the images from his mind, eyes screwed shut. He never wanted to experience that again. What was most confusing was the feeling of utter pleasure from Makil as he had thrust his tongue in his mouth, whilst at the same time being completely and utterly disgusted. The barrage of emotions, negative and positive, made his head pound.

He finally turned to the woman, having only half listened to her rant about nothing in particular. He eyed her up, seeing if his appreciation of her had increased - it hadn't. In fact, it had probably decreased now that he had explored way more of her mouth than he had ever wanted to.The woman was taking the moral high ground, and it pissed him off. Sulavik had been just as sexually assaulted as the woman herself had - he had been forced to kiss her just as much as Makil had forced her to kiss him. He raised an eyebrow at her, annoyed by her self righteousness. "Yes, you are an awful kisser, petching gross. I'm wiping my mouth to get your disgusting taste out of it. And I'm not shouting at myself. I'm shouting at Makil, the dick."

Way to ruin any chances I may have had with her, dick.

Bugger off, Makil. I am so disgusted by you right now I don't even want to CONTEMPLATE it.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Postby Aello on February 28th, 2011, 3:53 am

Aello stomped her way over to Sulavik. Her mouth hung slightly open in a frown, exposing her pearly white teeth. Her cheeks were growing red, and every muscle in her body was tense. She was not happy, he had thrown himself on her, and not the other way around. Aello was going to march right over to him to give him a piece of her mind.

As soon as Aello was only standing a half a foot away from Sul, she lifted her right hand, and smacked him as hard as she could across the face. "EXCUSE ME?" she shouted at him, as she raised her hand again, and smacked his left cheek with the back of her right hand. Now each of his cheeks would grow red, she thought with a strange sense of satisfaction.

Aello's cheeks were growing redder and redder as her facial muscles in particular continued to tense. "In case you don't remember asshole, you're the one that jumped on top of me! And it's not like I found it any more enjoyable than you! Forgive me for detesting the taste of your slimy blue tongue being forcefully shoved down my throat!"

With that, Aello spat at his feet, in order to display her disgust. It was only fair after all, he had kept himself busy wiping his mouth for quite a while. He hadn't even bothered to hide it or his disgust from her, which wasn't exactly what one would call polite.

"And who is this, Makil you keep speaking of?" Aello asked, her voice dripping with disdain. "Because, as far as I can tell, you and I are the only ones in this alley, which must mean that you're imagining things." Aello's right hand was resting on the dagger. She could feel the blade pressing into her skin. She could have it out in an instant... cut him if she needed to. Especially if he tried to pull another crazy stunt like that. Oh, and then try to lie about it afterward.

OOCSorry for the cursing.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sulavik on March 4th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Sulavik had to admit he was not in the least quaking in his boots when Aello marched over to him with an angry, determined look on her face. Sure, she looked pissed off - but so was he. His anger at Makil took precedence over her anger at him. He did petching nothing, it was all Makil's fault.

It's your own petching fault by denying me a woman for so long.

I'm the one in charge, I get to decide who I sleep with! Not you!

You're petching lucky that I don't wrest control more often then.

As if you could.

Actually, I c--

Sulavik's inner argument was interrupted when the short angry woman stretched her arm up from her considerably lower height and slapped him across the face. It stung to be sure, but her being so short meant that there was not as much pain in the slap as there could have been. Just as he was about to retaliate, she slapped him across the other cheek. Now he was angry. So was Makil.

"PETCHING HELL WOMAN!" Makil screamed in her face. "You petching whore, I bet you liked it, and you're only petching complaining now cause Sulavik made me stop!" Makil was full of anger at being snubbed, and unfulfilled lust. He made to step menacingly towards her, grabbing her by the neck, when: "MAKIL!" Sulavik wrest control again, panting, releasing the woman and stumbling away.

What do I have to do to get you to KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS?

Let me sleep with a woman.

Sulavik hesitated. FINE. Just not this one. I will later.

You better keep your promise.

It was only then Sulavik noticed that she had been yelling at him while he had been yelling at Makil. She had called him an arsehole, fair enough. He supposed what Makil had done to her warranted that name. He did not trust to respond, not just yet, not while he was still so unbalanced. He closed his eyes while she yelled at him, hearing the noise of her hacking up spit, still focused on the mantra of his breath: in, and out. In, and out. He only opened his eyes and let his breathing speed up and return to normal when he was sure he was calm and Makil was locked carefully away inside his mind. He smiled tightly at her, trying not to get angry again at her tone.

"Makil is my other soul. I am an Akalak, we have two souls inside our head - one light, one dark. Makil is my unbalanced soul, and he is the one who kissed you. I am not the one who did so - I have been as violated as you." He waited with bated breath, to see whether she would continue her anger or if she would listen to reason. In an effort to change the topic, he noticed that she was toying with the dagger again. "Is that your dagger? Are you good at it?" True interest permeated his voice. He liked the dagger - though of course, the Lakan was superior.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Postby Aello on March 5th, 2011, 3:56 am

"Who are you calling a whore asshole?" Aello screamed at Makil. "For the last petching time, your tongue got shoved down MY throat... and honestly, keep on saying that if it makes you feel better, but it's certainly not true," Aello spat as she stomped on Sulavik's right foot with her right foot. "You giant blue arse!"

With that, Aello folded her arms over her chest and stared at the man angrily. Her eyes were blazing, and she was more than ready to simply slit his throat. If she could reach. In which case, she told herself, she could always chop him up into tiny pieces and then slit his throat. He'd be short enough when she was done with him. Pycon short.

Aello smiled contentedly. The thought had satisfied her, at least for the time being. If he tried to do another stupid thing, he definitely wouldn't be in good shape she thought, as she listened to him carry on and on about Makil. Aello wasn't sure she believed him. She didn't know what to believe. He acted strangely enough, and she had never met an Akalak before, so she wouldn't know. But that was alright she supposed, if they were all as strange as he was, it was probably for the best.

Aello sighed. She supposed she'd keep her feelings to herself. If the man was as crazy as she thought he was, it was probably best not to mention that she didn't believe him, and thought he had simply made Makil or Sulavik... one of them, up. Crazy people tended to get angry if you mentioned your disbelief, and sometimes, they got violent. That Aello was strangely certain of.

"No, I swiped it off a dead guy," Aello replied. Whose did he think it was? And then the irony of her statement hit her: she had gotten it from a pile of one of her ghostly friend's belongings. Kind of... she had deposited it, but it kept finding its way back to her. Stupid blade, Aello thought, as she pulled the dagger out again and held it out for Sulavik. Didn't matter if he tried taking it, it'd only wind up back in her possession eventually anyway.

"Acquired it recently," Aello commented as she started down at the blood stains. "Not so skilled with it yet. So what about you?" Aello asked. "Do you use any sort of weapon, or just your hands? Know anything about daggers and fighting? Or merely jumping on women?" Aello paused. "I'd laugh if you said you were a pacifist," she added, her tone was still somewhat guarded. You never know what the crazies will do, her brain cautioned.

OOCI suck at coming up with insults.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sulavik on March 8th, 2011, 2:13 am

Giant blue arse? As irrational as it was, Sulavik was overwhelmed with the sudden need to make sure his arse wasn't giant. He felt stupid instantly. He was a fit, tall Akalak - his arse wasn't giant. And why did he care so much if his arse WAS giant?

Because that's where your friends have gotta... Disgusting (yet simultaneously arousing) images flashed through the forefront of his mind.

Yes, thank you Makil, for that wonderful insight.

No problem, ya giant blue arse.

Sulavik thought she might be joking, about swiping the dagger off the dead guy, but it was entirely possible she wasn't - the dagger was stained with blood, after all. He tried to figure out if he was bothered by it. Since Makil had kissed her, he had become much less worried about the woman - if she was insane, who cared? Sulavik after all had murdered his uncle for laughing. You can't get much more insane than that.

Plus, she doesn't look very comfortable with the dagger. You're practically tempted to fuck the Lakan. You'd win. Awful image. Being fucked by a Lakan.

He barely paid attention to her insults, merely nodding and agreeing. "How did you guess," he exclaimed saracastically. "Jumping on women is simply my FAVOURITE thing to do. It's what us Akalaks do, apparently." Sulavik knew that thats not what the woman meant, but it irritated Sulavik nonetheless. Akalaks were not women stealers and rapers any more than humans weren't. There were always some of those in every culture, and people always seemed to think Sulavik, being an Akalak, spent his time doing that. But enough with the irritation, or Makil might make a return appearance.

"I can use my fists as weapons. But I'm better with the Lakan - it's a sort of dagger, but for Akalaks. It's simply ... a part of us." And it was. Sulavik didn't know what he would do without his Lakan.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Next