Earth, Wind, and Water (Trios, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 27th, 2011, 6:19 am

Sama'el took Trios' other side, marveling silently at how heavy such a short fellow could be, but then he was all muscle and the Drykas was long-limbed and wiry. They managed to get the Isur up into Dohaina's yvas, though she looked patently irritated by the situation. Still, she was well behaved and didn't seem all that out of sorts, especially when Sama'el pulled rope out of his saddlebags and used it to lash Trios to the yvas. She had an easy gait and was better than most horses at keeping their rider aloft, but he might pass out or something and that fall could compound the injury.

"Not to worry," he said. "There are plenty of Rak'keli's chosen among my people. They are scattered the world over from what I have seen." Granted, he had only seen three regions of the great continent, but that was more than many people he had met. Only the brave and foolhardy traveled far from the safety of what limited civilization remained to the sentient species of the world.

"To Endrykas, then," he said, and whistled for Horse's benefit. They began the walk home.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Trios on February 2nd, 2011, 6:38 pm

“Watch you mouth, and get your scrawny hands off me. I can walk to the blasted horse myself!” Muttered Trios as the two humans helped him off his feet. But after a few painful hobbles on one leg Trios begrudgingly allowed Sama’el and Conrad’s assistance to the large animal. The Isur gave a loud displeasure of a sigh as Sama’el lashed him to the horse. It was slightly embarrassing but it was a necessity so Trios would swallow his pride distastefully at his situation.

“Good, some magic would get me back on my feet in no time. Lets just hope the tales are true and they don’t charge me for their service” said Trios holding on for dear life onto the horse as it began moving forward. The Isur thought that there had to be a million better methods of travel than riding a horse; it was slightly unnerving that he couldn’t control the movement of the beast with the added feeling of falling off at any moment.

“You Drykas are insane, who in their right mind would think that riding these creatures is a good idea” Growled Trios holding the neck of the horse in a slight panic at the light trollop forward. The Isur longed for the smell of a wooden deck and the feel of the wind through sails rather than his current transportation. Trios cast a curious glance at his guide and saw how at one he seemed to be on his steed. Questions of how Sama’el got to be so at peace with the horses were suppressed by Trios’s leg pain and the realization that he shouldn’t really care about this sort of thing.

After all a thoughts about the future seemed to press against the Isur’s brain. He owed a god a favour for sparing his life, it was such an insult that it made Trios want to return the favour by sparing the god’s own life one day. Then this fiasco that occurred in the sea of grass could be considered square. But there was so much to do; Trios would need a ship, a crew, power, a plan and a little luck if he was to survive this world.

“Sama’el do you Drykas keep some sort of library? Or archives of some sort in your tent city?” It was a blunt question that seemed to have been blurted out at random from Trios as he continued to hold onto the horse in a slight panic at the odd movements from the beast as he moved forward. It was a simple question; Trios had a few things he thought were now prudent to know.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Conrad on February 17th, 2011, 8:18 pm

Conrad could only sigh as Trios began giving slights at sama'el once again because he was forced on the horse.
"Calm down trios, this is the only way we can get you back to a healer anyway." He said in a pleasant tone. Trying not to be bothered as a doctor with the way he wanted to walk on his own for a few moments.
Though he silently vowed to bind him to a bed and force feed him sleeping medicine till it was healed if he ever tried it again.

"Lets hope they want to treat you when they know how much of a pain in the ass you are though." He muttered under his breath as he walked towards the horse and Sama'l.
"So lets go, I don't want to have that god change his mind about trios and punt him with horse and all to the other side of the sea of grass, because I am not going to go and get him if that happens."
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sabazios on February 18th, 2011, 6:01 pm

-- A Placeholder To remind me to Reward this thread --

Official Edict To All Drykas Pavilions: "You Make Love, I'll Deal With The Rest"
Sabazios
Papa Vinnie

Words: 36329
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2010, 11:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sabazios on February 28th, 2011, 4:33 am

Reap the Rewards

Conrad

Experience :
Birdkeeping +3, Medicine +3, Interrogation +1

Lore :
Survival in Cyphrus(Basic), The Wrath of Zulrav, Setting a Leg (Basic), The Sewing of Wounds (Basic)

Notes :
Your dialog is well written and well thought out. I only have one comment on your writing, don't quote everything that your rp partners are saying. I don't need to read every piece of dialog twice. But other than that one point it was a pleasure to read your posts.

Sama'el

Experience :
Horsemanship +3, Wilderness Survival +2, Riding +2, Medicine +1, Webbing +1

Lore :
Navigation in Cyphrus (Competent), Survival in Cyphrus (Competent), Knowledge of Cyphrus Storms (Basic), The Wrath of Zulrav

Notes :
In this thread you've snagged a whole group of very useful lores, the main reason you got these and the other two pc's didn't is your race. As Drykas you have an affinity to the sea of grass, this lends you to learning it's secrets more quickly than others. These lores are mostly of the type that you can build upon. So if you spend a lot of time in the Sea of Grass your likely to get a lore from me giving you knowledge of the region.

The only point I have on your writing is that I would love to see more depth in your actions. I could give you numerous points in this thread where you could have got into the nitty gritty of what you were doing. I like reading about actions in depth, and I will award more experience for more work.

Trios

Experience :
Intimidation +3, Storytelling+2, Acting +1, Riding +1

Lore :
The Wrath of Zulrav

Extra's :
Shattered Right Leg - Your right leg was fractured in many places, and will never be fully functional. The splint job was mostly successful, however you will need a cane to walk from now on. You will also bear a massive scar on your right thigh where Conrad's messy job of stitching was.

Your leg will be fit for walking (with a cane) by the 15th of Spring. The stitches will be healed by the 50th of winter, but a large scar will be there from now on. You will also have pains in the leg in cold weather or when the air pressure drops. This could help you to track storms if you learn to understand the signs of your wound.

First Negative Mark of Zulrav - You were negatively marked by Zulrav. The description of the mark can be found in my post, but if you have any questions feel free to PM them to me.

Notes :
Put more action in your posts, I couldn't award much experience because almost all that you did was talking. But other than that your writing was a joy to read.

Official Edict To All Drykas Pavilions: "You Make Love, I'll Deal With The Rest"
Sabazios
Papa Vinnie

Words: 36329
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2010, 11:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous