[verlyna's emerald pond]Meditating at the pond(hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Navir on February 3rd, 2011, 12:18 pm

Navir was a bit more pacified as he heard the man out and came to the conclusion that he didn't mean the last comment as an insult, besides everybody that knew a bit of isurian and practiced magecrafting couldn't be a complete irresponsible idiot or they would have perished a long time ago. In the first case by the isur that thought them the language and in the second one... Well he had to clean up the remains of a magecrafting experiment gone wrong once. It wasn't pretty.

"Your not as moronic as most humans then." Navir replied in isur though he made sure to speak as clearly and slow as possible to make sure hadrian understood him.
He let his arms hang besides his body showing that he wouldn't beat the crap out of him.
"I doubt you are only a magecrafter though, while its easy to see I made the construct because it blocks light you said you where observing similarities between that and another discipline you where familiar with. So either you are practicing the same discipline I am or you are an aurist, I doubt its the former, since you would have seen immediately that I was of a lower skill then you or equal and you wouldn't have bothered observing similarity's from somebody else practicing it." He looked up at hadrian craning his neck a bit to look him in the eye.
"So am I right and have you been sneaking a look at my work boy?" There wasn't any malice in that statement, though he was sounding a bit peeved about hadrian sticking his nose into his secrets.
Navir
Player

Words: 13909
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2011, 10:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on February 4th, 2011, 6:32 am

"I should hope not," he said in careful Isur. He liked to think that he wasn't a moron. Sometimes he got stuck in an intellectual rut, but that was hardly the same thing as being a moron, at least in his estimation. But he had learned that his estimation was not the same as that of others, and certainly estimation was less valuable in Alvadas than in other places, where everything was even less what it seemed than in the rest of the world.

He was grateful that Navir was speaking slowly and clearly without him having to ask; he had little opportunity to practice his Isur of late. And, of course, he was far from fluent so such low speed and clarity made it all easier for him.

"Ah," he temporized, "I can See fairly well, and I was noticing the similarities between your work and my hydromancy, though I am not expert in its practice."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Navir on February 4th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Navir listened to hadrian's isur and was fairly impressed with it. Sure the grammar was off and some of the sounds where completely wrong, but it was understandable and with some practice he might even fix that grammar of his!
Though the mention that he was a hydromancer, thus being somebody who practiced reimancy did put him off a bit, he could never stand those people, their 'art' didn't create or put something extra in the process of creation, it just burned down or smashed things and most of them where as flashy as they could be about it.

"Well I suppose if you can't rely on your own body you have to have something that makes up for it, after all your human body is fragile. Unlike the god given body of an isur." He said a bit of disdain audible in his voice. Though that was more directed to the practice of riemancy and not towards Hadrian himself.
"I find it strange that a magecrafter practices something that just destroy's things with no regard or control what it is."
Navir
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on February 4th, 2011, 10:48 pm

This Isur seemed determined to dislike Hadrian, even after he wavered from time to time. It didn't matter to the young enchanter one way or another; it wasn't like having several Isur friends would guarantee that Izurdin took notice of him. He would have to prove himself as a craftsman for that, most likely.

"There are certainly more stronger..." He paused, then corrected himself. "There are stronger men than me, and certainly the Isur are blessed with great strength, but..." He paused to think of the words and how to put them together properly. He understood the grammar, and had a relatively good vocabulary, but speaking the language did not yet come naturally. "But I do not use it to destroy. Water is just an element. A material and resource for magecrafting. I could count on one hand how many times I have used it in self-defense and have fingers left over.

"And water," he continued, "has been a challenge for me to be clever. Its strength lies in a sort of inevitable force. It wears away at things, it can be as powerful as the tides... One just needs the ingenuity to use it." He was not being disrespectful in turn, but he was certainly speaking up for himself.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Navir on February 14th, 2011, 5:11 pm

Navir slowly repeated the broken isur in his head making sure that he didn't misinterpret any of what the man said. When he did that though he couldn't help but to scoff at the mans words.
"Strange, every other reimancer I know always wanted to use reimancy to break and destroy things with brute force and I highly doubt you where only thinking about the few constructive things you could do with it when you wanted to study it." He lot out a humorless chortle when hadrian continued to tell about using cleverness with the element water.
"Sure sure, it could be used like that, you aren't going to change my mind about reimancy in either way." He gave hadrian a pointed look.
"If you really want to talk about magic why don't we talk about magecrafting of yours, Its probably a lot more interesting."
Navir
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on February 17th, 2011, 3:47 am

Hadrian shrugged. From then on he spoke in Common.

"I'm not every other reimancer you know." And that, as they say, was that. "Anyway, reimancy is reimancy and magecrafting is magecrafting; they're both just different ways to manipulate the djed around us, one transmuting djed into an element, the other... more complicated magical engineering. And your shielding would be useful for other than merely defense, but... I will leave you to it."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Navir on February 19th, 2011, 10:26 am

Navir was briefly confused when hadrian switched back towards common. When he had switched back to think in common he had already missed a bit of what hadrian said.
He did however catch his note about how shielding could be used for more things then defense alone.
"Of course it can be used for that. Though I have to admit that I rarely use my shielding in anything that resembles combat. It sees more use in protection against djed radiation when I work on alchemy projects anyway. Its a shame that magecrafting doesn't fit well with alchemy, It would defiantly benefit from it if it was able to be used together."
Navir
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on February 20th, 2011, 12:31 am

Hadrian's attempted departure was immediately arrested, his chlorine-blue gaze intense on the Isur.

"You are an alchemist?" he asked. "I don't see that alchemy and magecrafting are so terribly opposed to one another. Of course, one can enchant alchemized materials, or ... well, one had merely be clever to put both to clever uses."

Of course, he would definitely Shield himself were he practicing alchemy, or some collusion of the two disciplines. One never knew what sort of wild djed might be created, emanating from the powerful magics being performed. Perhaps Isur were hardier than humans with regard to such things, but even Navir seemed to have some sense where the preservation of his own skin was concerned.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Navir on March 2nd, 2011, 11:08 am

Navir nodded at hadrian's question about him being an alchemist.
"Yes I am an apprentice alchemist." He stopped talking when Hadrian began talking about how he didn't see that they where so terribly opposed to each other.
"Didn't they ever teach you that magecrafting doesn't work with other world magic objects? Including other magecrafted stuff? It makes them unstable, from what my cousin told me it has something to do with the djed structure inside the object, whatever that means, Point is that you don't cross alchemy and magecrafting if you don't want your apprentices to clean up the entire lab."
He sighed at that, "Petching spots took me half my day to clean up to." he muttered under his breath, not really intending to let hadrian hear that last sentence though.
Navir
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on March 4th, 2011, 6:59 am

Hadrian shrugged. He knew what was said, and he knew that there were conflicting reports, and he also knew that there was generally a way around such stumbling blocks, but it didn't bear arguing with a complete stranger who could probably break his face without batting an eyelash.

"Using alchemized materials would add a variable as yet incalculable to the mix, it's true," he said. "But magic is only sometimes a science; the rest of the time, it's an art. One must take calculated risks in order to be truly great." Changing the subject, he returned it to a more common ground. In fact he had learned to Shield the previous day, and gotten himself an apprentice to boot, but he didn't particularly want to practice his new discipline in front of the Isur, who would likely just criticize. "For what variables do you Shield your alchemical experiments?" he asked. "Other than djed, of course."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

PreviousNext