To the Market We Go (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Descant Shepard on December 27th, 2010, 4:45 pm

1st day of Winter, 510

Descant had been feeling really cold lately, but he hadn't had anything warm to wear. Being an animal, he sensed the shift in temperatures naturally. So, he'd spent the day today in the upstairs room, he'd been there since he woke up and hadn't moved. He was very hungry, but the cold outweighed his need for food. His hair had begun to grow longer and he need to cut it, but his need for warmth was too great to move. So, he simply stayed where he was. he wasn't expecting anyone to come looking for him or bring him anything, he'd been alone when he awakened and had been so up until that very moment around mid day. He'd huffed a cold breath from his mouth before standing an wrapping himself in his blanket, which he'd never had the luxury of using before and was thankful for, and walked over to the window and looked out upon his new home. He wasnt sure about how long he wanted to stay, or if he did at all, but he considered it. He'd allowed it to remain a great possiblility in his mind for two reasons. First, the glowing woman, for whatever reason, believed so strongly in him. Secondly, the Glowing Woman expressed her feelings about him staying. She seemed as though she would very much like it if he did. He'd never been put into a position like this before, while he feel quite strange and out of place with such belief in him, he felt as though he needed it.

In the pits, fighting was his way of life and survival. He didnt fight for glory or honor...or love...but for survival. And now, after all he'd known the world to be is washed away in a matter of months, he had been seriously thinking about his new future and almost guaranteed survival here. If he didnt have to fight to survive, what would he fight for now? What was his purpose now? As he asked himself these questions, for some reason, his mind fluttered right back to the the Glowing Woman. It seemed as though the answer lay with her and her expressed appreciation for him being here now. While what little trust he had for her had not grown or lessened he felt as though finding out what her plans for him was essential in the process of putting his mind at ease.

He watched the snow fall, watched the wind blow, and watch as the puffs of his breath disappeared as it join the rest of the air in its steady flow of the room. He simply waited. When he woke up, he hadn't been expecting anyone, but now, if he'd read her right, the Glowing Woman, Kavala was her name if he recalled, would be up to find him soon. He decided to sit in the middle of the room and watch the door, she would be there. How could she not? He was a new member of her society and she knew very little about him, she'd want to know more and would come to find him sooner or later, though hopefully sooner than later, he was very cold.
Descant Shepard
Player

Words: 35137
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 7:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kavala on January 4th, 2011, 7:46 pm

ImageTruth be told, Kavala wasn't feeling the greatest today. She'd overworked herself and was still learning the boundaries of her new condition. The Konti normally started out her day with a run down the beach to limber up her muscles. Sometimes she swam back, but most often she made the run back up the beach before she fed horses, turned out animals, and made sure everyone was settled. Then, there was her own workout usually with Hatot that sometimes got to the brutal stage but she wanted to get better. Kavala was learning unarmed combat and daggers to protect herself, and she wanted to be the best she could personally be. And while she used to be able to breeze through these workouts and then enjoy a nice breakfast, today she didn't think she could eat.

Her stomach wasn't exactly upset. The baby was. He or she was fussing with all its might and making Kavala feel a bit ill. Kavala was barely showing in her loose tunics and flowing dresses, but if one knew her well enough, they'd note her belts having new holes in the leather and being let out by incriminates. She was worried too. Kavala wanted out of her contract with Riverfall, but she knew the odds of the Council letting her free depended on the sex of the child - she prayed for a boy - and their generous spirit that day. The Akalaks were a race going extinct and so they did what they could to hold their Nakivak too them. And in a way she didn't blame them. Had she not gotten rescued from the slavers that captured her, she most certainly would have been dead by either violence or zith hand.

She'd had a good taste of the violence when she'd been first captured. Being saved by the Akalak at the time hadn't been a blessing. Kavala would always carry the shame of what had happened to her deep in her heart. And it had taken a long time to come out of her shell and let strangers touch her. Hatot had helped. If it hadn't been him that had claimed the rights to her body for reproduction, she didn't know if she could have gone through with her obligation. Well, she would have had too, but it would have been forced not consensual, for the Oathmaster's tower made provisions for that as well and there were always Cerulean that had no qualms about taking unwilling Nakivak contracts.

Her history was one of the reasons she wanted a better future for Descant. And because she couldn't eat she decided she'd see if she could get him too. Piling rare antelope meat up on a platter along with fresh bread still warm from the oven covered with butter and honey, Kavala carried the heavy tray upstairs. She walked into the room, smiled at Descant, and set the platter down on a low table surrounded by pillows. The entire common room upstairs, where they all slept together, was designed and decorated after a Drykas pavilion. Odds are, after only a few days, Descant would have met just about everyone in Sanctuary, kelvic and human or not so human like, because most everyone took their rest and leisure time either here or on the Veranda.

Kavala frowned. "It's cold up here. If you leave the windows open, your letting the warm air out." She said, gently though, not to nag or chastise him. After setting the tray down and indicating he should see if he wanted anything, Kavala rose to go close the windows and doors that lead to the lookout which had an incredible view of the sea. One whole wall, opposite the windows, was painted with an underwater mural that an Akvatari who'd been passing through did for Kavala. Kavala shivered again, then noted Descant's poor clothing, and frowned.

"I've been meaning to take you shopping to get you a few clothes. How does today sound to go?"
She asked, walking over to a wardrobe and opening the ornate doors wide. She took out a shirt that looked to be woven from dark wool and handed it to him. It was Hatot's but would fit the other man like a tunic almost. "Try that on. You can wear that to the market until we get something warmer of your own size. I think you even need a cloak and new boots." She said, frowning and growing even more pale.

Kavala abruptly sat down on the nearest cushion, without comment, and seemed to rest there for a moment. She didn't look well, not really, as she grew a bit paler and then gently laid a hand over her stomach. Kavala took a minute until her color was better, then glanced at Descant. "I wish you would venture downstairs more. You are welcome too, you know." She said with absolute certainty. "Aren't you... happy here? Is there something else I can do to make you more comfortable?" Kavala looked genuinely concerned and uncertain. "Is shopping something you'd even want to do? I'm sorry Descant. I don't want to force anything on you. I... just worry. You need to get out among people. I worry that your mind might have gotten too hurt in the pits in Ravok. Was... was it rough there? Do you want to talk about it? I'd like to hear about it, if you want to talk about it. I... feel responsible for you. You deserve to have things better than they have been." Kavala said, but then reached up and rubbed her forehead as if it ached.

She looked tired, worn, as if she'd been overdoing it.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Descant Shepard on January 5th, 2011, 5:10 pm

As Kavala entered and smiled at him, he didnt smile back, he wasnt exactly used to greetings just yet. That or smiling. He simply watched her, she seemed different that the first he'd seen her. She didnt seem what he considered to be herself. She seemed sick..or something along those lines. She wasnt glowing like he remembered, but it was her, he recognized her scent. Something was making her physical condition worsen, he didnt know what it was by just looking at her, but he knew it was something.

When she sat the tray down on the table with the pillow all around it, he sniffed the air, the smell of the raw meat filled his nostril and drew him closer to it, his body seemed to be moving on its own, grabbing a piece of meat from the top of the pile and looking it over. It wasnt near rotting like the meat he was given in the Pits. It was fresh, very well kept and clean. He sunk his teeth into the slab of meat, his eyes slipped closed for a moment to savor the taste. He chewed quickly, taking more bites a bit more ravenously each time, finishing the first slab then starting on the second, slower the second time so he could listen and watch Kavala.

He watched carefully from the corner of his eye as she closed the windows and went over to the wardrobe and removed a shirt for him. He hesitantly reached for it and sniffed it carefully and sneezed. It smelled of another male, a smell he'd scented before, it was smaller then, on Kavala. He tilted his head at the shirt and slipped it on carefully then pulled the blankets back over his shoulders. He stared down at the bread and sniffed it them tilted his head in the opposite direction than the last movement. he hadnt ever smelled butter or honey before. He bit into the bread and chewed slowly, taking in the new taste and liking it, he continued on eating the bread until Kavala began asking her questions. He noticed that she sort of rushed to sit down suddenly. She'd grown more pale, he noticed immediately, watching carefully and setting the bread down. He stared down at the tray, listening to her questions, feeling that she really diod care for him.

" I dont...know. Happy is very...hard to understand." He shifted a bit and tightend the blankets around himself. "Im just...a bit unused to this. Everything here is new. Im not sure if there's anything you can do. But...I would like to go shopping. Im cold in just these shorts." He looked up at her, watching her hand go to her forehead, hoping to catch her gaze, he holds his own. " I understand you feeling of responsibility, and I will try to meet people. Its just...hard."

He sort of paused when he was about the answer about the Pits. He took a deep breath and averted his eyes from her and stared back at the tray. " The Pits...they were very rough. I had to kill people of my own race. As you can tell already, I hadnt lost any battles. I didnt have friends there, I didnt want to feel the pain of killing a friend or hearing them die. I stayed to myself and watched everyone else. I didnt like being there at all, I wanted to leave that place, but I hadnt a way to do so. The last thing I did in the Pits was fight one of my own that was a bear. Thats how I got the wound on my chest got there." He strared at her and looked back to the tray. " Im sorry if I seem like I dont appreciate what you are doing for me, Im just not used to being here yet...I keep expecting some guard to take me into the arena to fight." He picked the bread up and slit it open, slipping a piece of meat inside it and continued to eat.
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kavala on January 12th, 2011, 5:45 pm

ImageKavala shook her head. She'd opened her entire awareness to Descant as he began to speak. Though he gave no details, she knew how she'd feel killing other Konti - being forced to or them forced to kill her. It was a life she couldn't' imagine living, but she knew Descant hadn't any choice in the matter.

"Its not about your gratitude, Descant. I just want you to get out more, feel happier if possible, and I think going shopping for you would be a great step forwards in that. Along with clothing, is there anything else you need? I don't mind if you get gear for hunting or perhaps just things for yourself. You can own your own things here and no one will take them from you. I was... thinking maybe you'd like to try and learn an instrument or something. Music is said to be a ... well it soothes the soul and can really help heal people. Or there might be other things you want. If you want to learn a trade like leatherworking or blacksmithing, I'd help you find a teacher. I don't know what... your interests are. I'd like to know. If you sit up here all the time all you have is your memories of the past. You need to make new memories to replace them and teach yourself new skills so your mind says busy. I don't care what those skills are. I can even give you some pointers on cooking or we can get you a weapon if you'd like to learn something that isn't even remotely related to pit fighting, like archery."
Kavala said, trying out different things and watching him to see if anything peaked his interest.

"You don't have to do anything for a while, Descant, but if you don't get busy and stay busy, you're going to have too much time to think about things and that type of thought leads to sadness."
She added, trying to make him understand she wasn't pushing him to get him to work or help them out. She was trying to push him to help him help himself.

"I was going to just walk to town today, but the baby is making me ill a little so I think we'll take a pony cart if that's okay with you. That way, we can get you mountains of stuff too and not have to carry it all back. Are you about ready to go? I can have a horse hooked up in just a few minutes if you want to meet me downstairs."
She hoped he was serious about going and wouldn't bail out on her now. She took just a moment, before she left, to hand him one of Hatot's spare cloaks. "Wear that for warmth until we get you your own." She added.

"I'll meet you downstairs in the courtyard when your ready."
She urged, standing up and heading towards the door with the now empty platter of meat in her hand. They could talk on the way and she'd ask him what he liked to wear. Kavala had no idea if he even knew what he liked to wear, but she'd inquire first.

Then, after she'd cleaned the platter and put it away, she went to fetch out the cart and hitched one of the placid frostmarch mares to it. She'd be waiting for him there, quietly, hopeful that he wouldn't change his mind.

Last edited by Kavala on January 25th, 2011, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Descant Shepard on January 19th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Descant sat, wiping his hand on his shorts. He listened carefully, thinking that shopping would be nice. He thought on the idea of actually owning things. The only thing stopping him was not wanting too much spent on him, but just enough.He understood what she meant. He hadnt interacted with anyone other than her and Dhanya and even Dhanya was around, he'd not said much to her. His only real friend was Kavala, he appreciated her, it was just hard to show, he could at least do this.

As she went over the different things that he might want. He knew just what he wanted to learn and what he'd need to hunt. "Well...I think I would like to learn archery. And..if your sister has the time, I'd like to learn to fight with a sword. As for hunting, I'd just need a knife, I dont want to catch the game I'll hunt and close off their throat. I dont want anything or anyone to suffer at my hands ever again. I dont know much about music, and cooking...well Im an animal, I eat my food raw."

He watched her from across the table and rubbed the back of his head. He knew that he would do some work eventually, but he wasnt sure he was ready. "I promise I help, I owe it to you, but I just want to take some time for myself. Maybe to look around Sanctuary and Riverfall, get used to being here." He stared into his lap and tapped the nail on his forefinger on his opposite palm. He didnt know exactly what he intentions were, or what they could possibly be but he knew that they werent just for Sanctuary's benefit or to help her out. He knew there was more to it than that. She'd been helping him this long, he had to at least try to trust her. Hell, she gave him his own papers.

His ears perked as she began to speak. When he heard about being ill because of the baby, he now understood. Thats why she was glowing like she usually was. She was pregnant, that was what was dimming her light. He understood that now he would be even more help to her now, knowing that she shouldnt go anywhere by herself while pregnant, that would be dangerous. As she asked him if he was ready to go, he looked up at her again and nodded slightly. He took the cloak that she'd handed him and stood to slip it on as she left to go back downstairs. He stretched carefully and made his way to the stairs and out to where Kavala had been waiting on him. He saw her smile, expectant and hopeful, as he'd guessed. He made his way to her and the cart and smiling slightly.

"Well, if I said Im not afraid, I'd be a liar." He lifted his hand for her just in case she needed help getting into the cart.
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kavala on January 25th, 2011, 5:24 pm

ImageKavala accepted Descants hand up and settled next to him on the horse cart. She picked up the reins and clucked lightly to the mare urging her forward at a sedate walk. After a moment, she smiled, glanced at him and nodded.

"Yes to the archery. I know a few people that might like to teach you. We can get you equipment in town. The Blades are fine and I'll make sure Akela will teach you some swordwork, but we'd better let her pick out the sword for you. She'd know best how to do so and what would be most suited. We'll get you things in town. You'll need clothing, gloves, a cloak, several types of shoes, and anything else that you might need that I can't think of. Don't worry about the funds either. Sanctuary has enough to share." She said gently. Then, after a few moments, she continued.

"The market has its own set of rules. I tell you them so you will know, not because I expect you to do something wrong. There is no fighting, no pushing, shoving, keep your hands off all the females especially the ones with wristbands like this." She showed him her silver Nakivak undalas. "They are owned, like me, and the Akalak will take offense if you so much as jostle them. Males of other species are a threat to them - the Akalak and the Nakivak - for they can breed the women the Akalak hold as their own. Though it isn't right, Kelvics are treated as animals and pets in the city, so wherever you go you must be careful. No one will put much value on your life. Its a sad thing too, because you'd be treated like a queen here if you ere female." Kavala said softly.

"I don't mind where you go and what you do so long as you are careful. Once you've rested and feel better, you can leave as well if you'd like. But I'd rather you stay a season or two, find yourself, learn to live outside of bars... you'd be welcome here and no one would ask things of you that you weren't' willing. I just want you to be careful, Descant. Make sure you understand the city's rules before you roam it so you don't get in trouble. If you aren't sure about something, ask someone first - not just me, anyone. And be careful of human women - talking to them, being alone with them, all of it. Ask if they are freeborn and still free before you do so. And like I said, check their wrists. If they are wearing bracelets do not talk to them, not until you are comfortable here." She added. Kavala fretted. She worried. She knew it was going to be hard for him to adjust, but she wanted to give him half a fighting chance.

Slowly, she guided the frostmarch mare into town and carefully down into the bazaar. She left the frostmarch and cart in a special place designed for wagons and carts then set out on foot with Descant. "Do you mind telling me which colors you like best?" She added, then proceeded to pass numerous clothing stalls and shops off the bazaar until she came to one she carefully lead him into. "We'll purchase clothing first, then your little necessities, then anything big like the weapons." She explained. They'd have to go to the armory for good weapons, but she didn't mind. The cart could be driven right up to its door.

"Measure him please. Then let him pick out anything he wants thats kelvic friendly. No hard to unfasten ties, no complicated weaves. Only easy on easy off clothing and belts that can be freed from one's waist with a single pull. He'll need a belt pouch and shoes and socks too. I want short boots and long boots and sandals." Kavala instructed the shopkeeper. "Any color or style he wants..." She added. This was the same tailor that she'd went to for her own outfits and they were darn good at what they did.

With that, she stood back and let him shop.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Descant Shepard on January 26th, 2011, 9:01 pm

When Kavala had settled in next to him, he met her smile with a small half smile of his own. He simply sat and listened to her speak. Archery teachers for him that she knew, Akela and trusting her with the task of chosing a blade for him, then finally about the things they planned to get for him in town. He didnt complain about the funds as he might have if she hadnt already asked him not to worry about them.

Next, yet another set of rules, he was very upset with the fact that there were so many, it seemed as if this place was very organized and orderly. And, at least he wasnt a slave anymore. As for fighting, he didnt unless he was forced. Pushing and shoving to him were pathetic and useless attempts of trying to strike fear into an opponent and also highly annoying. He didnt expect to have an urge to touch anyone as he himself didnt very much like the thought of someone touching him without his consent. He remembered her bracelet from his first day in Sanctuary so he didnt bother to look at it again, it pained him that such a wonderful woman was a slave of this society. He remembered the first time she spoke to him of the Nakivaks and their contracts with the Akalak. And then, the root of all his worries yet again, Kelvics as animals and pets. They were indeed animals, but he still didnt like the word "pet" very much. He was also very glad of the fact that he wasnt female. Even though he had been forced to fight for survival, regularly, killing his own kind, and even though someone of this society could kill him and suffer no consequence, he could even dream of going through what women of his kind would go through. Pleasure slaves and reproductive units. It sickened him, dreadfully so.

He didnt think either that he'd have any reason to speak to anyone but Kavala herself, he was fairly confident of that fact, making sure that he kept his mouth shut unless answering a question from Kavala. When she asked him what colors he liked, he wasnt sure of the names of different colors, having not been educated in any other color than that of the blood that he'd spilled from other kelvics. He looked to Kavala and thought carefully.

"Umm.." He then looked to the tanned skin of his arm and pointed to it. "...this color and the color of my hair." He said plucking a black strand from his messy black do that he would be sure to cut if Kavala bought him a knife.

As they came upon the shop, he looked about his surrounding carefully until the tailor began to measure him. He was highly unconfortable and began to fidget. He looked back at Kavala as she spoke on then made a face as she said the word "sandals". He didnt know the names of many things, but he had seen sandals before and he wasnt fond of them. He would be content with the boots she had talked about. He looked to the tailor and spoke softly and respectfully as he wouldnt want to offend someone in their own store. "Could I have clothing the color of my skin and boots, gloves, and a belt the color of my hair, please? And one of these things." Pointing to the borrowed cloak he wore. "And no sandals, please, I dont think they suit me."

He looked back at Kavala for confirmation, he didnt have much else to add to that since she had told them everything else he needed.
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kavala on February 1st, 2011, 7:37 pm

ImageIt was a good sign, Kavala thought, that Descant was asserting himself and comfortable enough to tell her what he liked and what he did not like. She highly approved of his color selections, and let the clerk of the clothing store fuss and fetch. She did foster off a pair of leather pants and a silk shirt on him for something nice to wear in case he was around for Sanctuary's Winter Ball, but the rest of the clothing she watched him pick out was of the practical sort, some warm and some lightweight for the season change that was soon to be upon them.

Kavala didn't comment on what he picked out. Mostly she just watched and let him decide what he wanted and what he did not want. When the clothing pile was mostly stacked on the front counter, ready for them to take home, the Konti got a slight grin on her face and wandered over to a display of sandals. She picked out the most garish set she could find and walked over to show them to him.

"Look Descant.. black and tan like the rest of your clothing, and the sandstone rock insets sure look dressy."
And awful, truly awful, was actually how they looked but then again Kavala was never quite certain about Akalak fashion. To her way of thinking the Drykas dressed far better. "You sure you won't reconsider? They look mighty comfortable." She teased, playing with him, wondering if he was relaxed enough and settled into life here enough to enjoy the joke. She had no idea how he'd react, but a normal person would have teased her right back, suggesting she get a pair of the things herself. They would have also known by the glint in her eyes that she was teasing, feeling playful, wanting him to feel comfortable enough to play back with her. "You could get a belt buckle to match!" She added, almost laughing, as she compared the sandals to the belt buckles displaying sandstone gems as well.

She winked at the clerk and nodded to the woman to give the kelvic anything he wanted, then settled back to wait either for his reaction to her suggestion or for him to pick out more clothing. Kavala made free as well, adding extra things to the pile when she liked the cut of a shirt or the way the cotton of the pants fit him. When they had a good pile of things set up, Kavala looked around. "Is there anything else here you need?" She asked innocently, still dangling the sandals with a playful smile on her face.

receipt :
Leather gloves – 5 sm
Leather belt – 2 sm
High boots – 5 sm
Cloak (wool) – 5 sm
Leather pants – 8 sm
Wool – 5 sm
3 Cotton – 3 sm
3 Cotton Tunics – 15 sm
2 Cotton shirts – 2 sm
1 silk shirt – 10 gm

total = 15 GM

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Descant Shepard on March 11th, 2011, 2:26 am

Descant turned to look at Kavala and the sandals she held to him. he shuddered and shook his headm oushing them away with his forefinger. "Umm, not for me, kavala, Im sure someone else would appreciate them much more than I." He smiled slipped them from her hand, tossing them to the clerk, telling her to discard them. "Please, miss, never let those fall into her hands again?" He smiled lightly and looked to the things he'd chosen, wondering if there was in fact anything else he needed. There wasnt, and shrugged and turned back to Kavala.

"Kavala, there isnt anything else that I want. I dont need anymore. All i need now is a simple, sturdy knife. Thats all." He said carefully. He stepped away from the counter to move over to Kavala and step behind her so that he wasnt in the way for the payment. he didnt want too much more, knowing she was spending a good deal of money on him, he did not want her to splurge.

He insted made his way to the door to lean against the way near it, staring down at the floor, waiting for Kavala. It was nice of her to buy him gear for the winter, he'd have to find a way to thak her fo it, though he didnt have the means as of yet. But he would.
Descant Shepard
Player

Character sheet

Postby Kavala on March 14th, 2011, 12:11 am

ImageA smile played across her lips. The Konti nodded. Descant was coming out of his shell. He was speaking to her, stressing his own needs, formulating an opinion. She loved ever bit of his awakening.

No sandals. She got it.

"Alright, Descant. As you wish. This is for you and only you. You know what best you need." With that, Kavala lead him from the clothing section and happily emptied fifty gold mizas into the palm of his hands while hanging onto his packages. "You can purchase anything else you need. A knife is fine, but you also mentioned getting a few other weapons didn't you? That should be enough to get you decent quality and quantity that you'll feel safe and armed even when you are in your human form. This isn't the pits, but its still dangerous around, especially on the glass. Picking up a weapons skill or two would not be out of line. And if you need training, we can hire a tutor, no worries." She added, smiling lightly.

Along the way, she didn't treat him any differently than she would have one of the other denizens of Sanctuary. She slipped coins to food sellers hawking sweet pies and bite sized balls of sticky rice. Kavala had a sweet tooth and Descant observed her grazing her way through all sorts of odd things, nibbling on some of them or openly eating with enthusiasm other things. She always bought two of everything, passing him his share with enthusiasm and no real worry towards the coin. If it hadn't been obvious then and there that she was pregnant, it would have been after their trip to the market.

But the food was just an illusion, so too was the shopping. And while it brought her joy, there was also a tinge of sadness to her. Kavala had a silence in her soul where Descant could tell there was often joy. Something troubled her that she was unwilling to talk about or face. So she forced her way through the issue, and falsified their trip with happiness that seemed more akin to making something happen rather than sitting back and enjoying the day.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next