[Withering Rose] Blood and Roses [Vizyous]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Hadrian on February 18th, 2011, 6:34 pm

"We can go tonight," he assured Vizyous. "The kind of rest I need will be what I get on the trip back to Syliras. One night of sleep won't do it. But my mind is stronger than the rest of me, and I think I've begun to understand illusion a bit better than before. I will not be so easily broken. Hopefully you can stand up to the mirrors..." The last was added with a gently mocking tone, perhaps his version of manly competitiveness.

Considering his glass, he took another sip.

"We shouldn't have another, though," he admonished, "if we are going tonight. We will want our wits about us, for whatever our wits are worth therein. Don't you think?"

His chlorine-blue gaze had not softened much since their first meeting. Even when he laughed, there was that intense, probing quality. Vizyous was fascinating on many levels, and Hadrian could not help but study him. Perhaps there was something to that blood-bond after all. Hadrian was not equipped to verify that.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Vizyous Aconitum on February 20th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Hadrian's words made him beam a delighted smile and a raise a brow, his surprise evident at the human agreeing to venture into the House that night. Without a doubt, Vizyous knew less about illusion than Hadrian did despite being immersed in it longer-- his companion knew how to use magic, so it was only natural he would grasp the concept, the technical aspects of illusion, faster.

"It's good to know I have a strong-willed companion." There was a tone in the Symenestra's voice that showed he acknowledged Hadrian's challenge, a flash of impishness showing in his dimly lit amethyst eyes. "I may not fare as well as you, but perhaps that will make it all the more fun."

"You're right, we should probably be as sober as possible." The wine had been good, the best he'd had in a very long time, and it was a shame to give it up. Vizyous's eyes averted from Hadrian's intense gaze, feeling the same sort of interest and curiosity coming from the human as one would have towards a subject they were studying. The Symenestra would know, he studied others all the time. It made him just a bit more on edge, slightly anxious at being observed so closely.

"What do you have in Syliras?" Vizyous asked, staring at the white rose that sat as a centerpiece to their table, "What do you return for? Your laboratory, your friends? Family?"
Vizyous Aconitum
Harmless Trickster

Words: 94651
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 12:47 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on February 21st, 2011, 12:02 am

"Oh good. Well, I assumed you wanted me there to drag you out if you should become a gibbering wreck, but I suppose we will have to depend on each other in there. Blood-bond and all. Hopefully that denotes some responsibility on your part to look after me, relative stranger though I may be." He smiled a little, perhaps closer to a smirk, but that was just his face.

"Ahh," he temporized, attempting finally to mitigate the intensity of his gaze as it was obviously making Vizyous uncomfortable. He had never been in a staring contest with a Symenestra before, but it was nice to know he could win a thing or two in life.

"Well, my family is there," he said, "but I was going back to see if there's any work for me anymore. I had a contract with the Knights, but then they brought in one of my old professors from the University, so he is probably doing all that stuff for them now, which means... I suppose I'll stay there a while to figure out what to do next."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Vizyous Aconitum on February 21st, 2011, 9:54 pm

After Hadrian made a noise of realization, Vizyous glanced up at him to see that a triumphant sort of grin was on his face, but his eyes seemed to have become more guarded, or perhaps just less intense. "I intend on watching your back," He told the human, smile turning wry, "in the House and outside of it." He didn't know Hadrian too well, he knew what he might be able to expect out of him and they'd met only twice-- but the mention of the blood-bond and looking after the human made protectiveness arise in the Symenestra.

Mirth returned to what had been an almost covetous expression, Vizyous curious at the almost impersonal response from Hadrian. His silence seemed heavy with thought, almost sad. "I came to Alvadas to change from what I used to be into something better-- that's what I wish to do." It was a late answer to his companion's previous question, "What about you, Hadrian? What do you wish to do?" He looked deeply into the others eyes, trying to see further into him and figure out what made the human tick. "Do you wish to simply work for others the rest of your life, or do wish to work for something better, something higher than that?"

As interested in Hadrian's answer as he was, Syna had probably lowered a while ago and if they were going to doing something as crazy as entering the House of Mirrors that night, then they'd better leave soon. His clawed hand dug into the pocket of his shirt and retrieved enough miza to pay for both of their drinks.

"I leave you with that question in mind." Vizyous abruptly announced, "I'll be at the entrance of the House after I pick up my bag, it won't take long." His smile to the human was brief, something seeming to be bothering the Symenestra. Perhaps is was the temptation of wine, or confusion at what made him speak those words. "See you there." His exit almost caused a disturbance, but the environment of the Withering Rose shifted back to normal after only a moment.
Vizyous Aconitum
Harmless Trickster

Words: 94651
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 12:47 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Cadence on March 12th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Vizyous

Skills
Socialization +3
Interrogation +2

Lores
Keeping up a Tentative Friendship
Saying no to Alcohol (even very good alcohol)

Ledger
- 1gm for glass of wine

Hadrian

Skills
Socialization +3
Interrogation +2

Lores
Keeping up a Tentative Friendship
Saying no to Alcohol (even very good alcohol)

Ledger
- 1gm for glass of wine

Additional Notes: Awww, they're becoming friends. :) I love a good character relationship, and this blood bond business sounds very interesting. Looking forward to reading more about it.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Words: 88873
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous