[Horse Sellers] Grace and Strength (Ome)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kavala on February 1st, 2011, 5:08 pm

TIMESTAMP: 20st of Winter, 510 AV
PURPOSE: Shopping for new bloodlines

Atticus Rim always had an odd assortment of animals. His striders were some of the finest in the world, but it wasn't that sort of horse Kavala had come looking to buy. She'd purchased Sivak here last year and hadn't been sorry about the Seme stallion's purchase. She needed good horses at the time, and he definitely gave a boost to the smaller sized mares she often came across in Riverfall that never had a chance of carrying an Akalak warrior into battle. If she was going to found a bloodline for the Akalak, she needed a wide variety of blood. Her strider stallion was elderly and his size made him unsuitable for breeding all but the largest mares. He was her perfect companion, but time was slowly stealing him away from her and she needed a replacement. And not only that, she needed additional stallions because once she found the perfect foundation stallion for her bloodline, she'd need blood she could infuse to that stallions daughters which could not be then bred back to the stallion.

And she'd spotted a pair of perfect animals. Two stallions stood together, young, and not quite grown into their prime. They were yearlings, perhaps going on two which ensured they were in the bachelor herd rather than the main herd with the mares. She'd already approached them, judged their temperament, and was glad to find them both pleasant. They were unridable at the moment but in a year they would come into their own and be perfectly able to be broken in by the Konti when their leg bones and tendons and set and they'd stop growing.

So, it was with a smile that Kavala approached Atticus and offered him a traditional Pavi greeting. 'Tall grasses and calm winds to you, Atticus. I've returned for more horses. Do you see the two lads over there with the other bachelors? The yearlings... two year olds maybe. There's a heavier grey stallion and a palomino one both strongly built but looking like they are mixed blooded. Are they for sale and if so how much? They'd make a fine addition to my breeding program at Riverfall, though I know they are young. I am almost looking for nightwalker mares if you have them." Kavala asked, having not seen any sign of the big black horses.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kavala on March 13th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Atticus nodded. "Greetings Kavala. Tall grasses and calm winds to you too, Lady Denusk. You look more like your mother every time I see you." He smiled, recognizing her from when they negotiated before. Kavala smiled, nodded her thanks, and joined him to turn to look at the two stallions.

"The more you visit, lass, the better the idea of what you like in horseflesh I get." He replied, then looked thoughtful. "I've no Nightwalker mares for sale, but several that are crosses and a few big striders you might like instead." He said, and started walking. Kavala fell into step beside him and they traversed the pasture to where the two young stallions were grazing together. Kavala liked that they already had a bond with one another and were used to each others presence. Outside of Endrykas, this behavior would almost never be tolerated.

Kavala made free with her hands and went to work stroking the necks of both studs and running her hands over their bodies, giving them a careful exam with Atticus's permission. She liked what she saw in both animals and offered Atticus a smile to say so. He nodded. "The grey is Ghost and the palomino is Silk. I need three hundred mizas for each of them." Kavala smiled, looked the stallions over, and knew that they were all but worthless in Endrykas where the Drykas rode only Striders and nothing else. "They are fine animals, Atticus Rim, but not so fine as three hundred mizas apiece for someone who's brought you so much business. Let us think on it, and show me what else you have. A handful of mares would be more than welcome to my program, and you promised me tall striders." That she was willing to walk away from the negotiations before they even began said a great deal to Atticus. Kavala was serious but she knew what things were worth and how much she was going to pay.

Atticus laughed, nodded, and they set off again, moving from groups of horses to other groups of horses, looking at mares in each. He did indeed have a few nightwalker crosses. One Kavala coveted immediately, a mare named Omni that was a rich dark chocolate color with a wise eye. She didn't even blink when Atticus quoted her two fifty for the mare and nodded, indicating she wanted her. Kavala could afford to pay dearly for one or two good broodmares, and soon had her chance as another was shown to her. The nightwalker strider cross named Dana was a fabulous animal, bulky and graceful in equal measures. Kavala nodded when he quoted her the same price for Dana. Two other horses stood out. A strider named Neekah and another mixed blood named Charlin. Both were priced at a hundred and Kavala nodded to the deal.

They moved on and just as they were about to swing back around to the place they started, Kavala spotted a desertbred that looked promising. She pointed her out to Atticus, whom nodded. "That's Cress. She's a hundred mizas and while shes unbroken, she will turn out fine foals if larger fighting horses is what you have in mind." Kavala nodded. "I'll take them... Omni, Neekah, Charlin, Dana, Cress and .... that firemane over there ..." Atticus nodded. "That'd be Spark. I was saving her for the last. She's a high strung lass, but right up your bloodline needs. She just needs a strong rider, one willing to work with her a little extra. And of course, she'd be an exceptional broodmare." He added. Kavala nodded, glad to have found Atticus in the winter when he had an abundance of horses he was willing to sell.

After doing some quick calculations, Kavala smiled. "That's almost a thousand in mares, Atticus. Throw in the two stallions for two hundred a piece and you have yourself a deal.' The horse breeder pretended to consider it. He knew the value of his animals and what Kavala was asking was not unreasonable. Nodding, he smiled, they clasp hands, and she sealed the deal. "I will be along for them tomorrow when I start my return home. I will bring your coin then as well. Windsongs saddlebags will be a great deal lighter and he'll be grateful for it, but I think I'll be richer in the long run for all the fine horse flesh you provide. Thank you Atticus." She said and slowly began the walk towards her pavilion.

The next day, her wagon reloaded and her seme harnessed up, Kavala returned to the horse sellers. She dropped off the coin and picked up the individual horses she'd purchased, adding them to the string of animals that were following behind her wagon on the return trip to Sanctuary.

Receipt :
[list][*]Omni – NightwalkerXStrider Cross 250
[*]Neekah – Strider 100
[*]Charlin – Mixed Blood NightwalkerXDesertbred- 100
[*]Dana – Nightwalker X Strider Cross 250
[*]Cress – 100 Desertbred
[*]Spark – 150 gold Firemane
[*]Ghost – NightwalkerXFrostmarch Cross 200
[*]Silk – SungoldXNightwalker Cross 200

=950 in mares, 400 in stallions = 1350 in horses

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)