[Ariel's Scrapbook] Ariel's School for Ants

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Iris Dove on March 12th, 2011, 4:33 am

Iris is officially being retired. It is about time. Her skill set is strange, and her history is rather blah-ish. Time to make way for something better.

Pirate? Ninja-like pc? Someone crazy and perhaps with multiple personalities? A dark mage? What shall it be I wonder... just not someone nice. Blythe is more than nice enough for all of my pcs.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Words: 77849
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2010, 5:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Vala on March 20th, 2011, 2:19 am

I've just been trollin' people's scrapbooks...

I think you should make an Inarta PC, because then you would be...

<3
Vala
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Ariel on March 20th, 2011, 2:41 am

*Cuddles Vala*

"Oh Vala, my dear if only you knew..."

"But she was far before your time. You see, Ariel's second pc was an inarta by the name of Silwyn. An Avora; a dyer, and generally stand-offish and clueless girl. She has been retired, and is no more... "

*Ariel poofs away*

Next Lesson: If we do not learn about history; things are doomed to repeat themselves.

To do List:

1) Get Blythe off Mura after she buys her katana next season.
2) Cara- her parents are going down. Oh... and she is starting a zoo, and by that, I mean, adopting tons of animals.
3) Ariel needs an adventure. Come up with something cool.
4) Train Aello, and try not to have her killed.
5) Work on Ari's guardian.
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ariel on March 26th, 2011, 9:00 pm

Today's mantra: Make no apologies for who you are.

Now, here is a ton of things I should have done ages ago but never got too because I am a lazy bum.

For Ariel:

1) Get her out of Endrykas. Seriously, no one there likes her because of that one aforementioned thread where all the pycons steal stuff. Yeah, well, serves you giants right for picking on us all the time. Silly pycon jokes. *mumble mumble*
2) Figure out how much time it will get her to go places. Even with Rafael, I should more than likely multiply all travel times by five. Although he provides a slight improvement, it isn't much. Perhaps Ariel should rent a human... have them take her places. Mwahahahaha.

For Blythe:

1) Just finish the much-dreaded work related threads. Get it over with. Please.
2) Square away all the payment threads and what not for the katana lessons.
3) Train katana, and unarmed, and then get out of Mura. So that means, you must choose a destination- Ravok, Syliras, Endrykas, Avanthal, and Eyktol are out. Sunberth probably isn't a good idea either. As of now, I am leaning towards Lhavit. (Note: May want to discuss with Keyta when she gets back).
4) Earn enough money this season to buy a katana next season.

For Ari:

1) Get a guardian.
2) Decide where to rp in the present day.
3) Turn that abandoned thread in for grading?

For Aello:

1) Do not die in the quest.
2) Work on shortbow and spiritism. When spiritism is finally at expert, finish that long drawn out thread with Charles. Yeah, that has stretched on long enough so it is about time.
3) Figure out how to get some more traditional spiritism items. Like ghostnails and ghostbeads. Perhaps they can be fashioned by the pc themselves... *scratches chin absently*
4) Perhaps we should consider buying more arrows.

For Cara:

1) Get rid of Cara's mom and dad, but don't die in the process.
2) Work on animal husbandry.

Lesson number, whatever we are up to now: next time, limit yourself to one or two pcs, otherwise you may make yourself crazy.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Malia on March 27th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Go to Sahova with Blythe. Panna Cotta and her Malediction mistress will love you. And I absolutely agree with the lesson of sticking to one or two PCs. Nothing is as good as heavy character development and high post counts. ;)

And here's some friendly advice that I've stolen from Dusk's blog because I think it's awesome (well, and she has stolen it from somewhere else).

Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Ariel on March 29th, 2011, 12:46 am

Random animals are RANDOM:

*Waves at Malia and gives her a bunch of huggles before going off to rant.*

*Clears throat*

Can I comment on how irritating it is when you try to text/phone/IM/email/snail mail someone a message and they don't get back to you? I mean, if I didn't want to talk to people, I wouldn't waste my time. If I didn't need to communicate with others, I wouldn't bother. But, sometimes I need to break my little isolative streak and talk to other human beings. Hence the wonderful world of text messaging, since writing a legitimate letter out is a waste of time. There are no abbreviations like "u" or "2" or "ctn," or all that, the post takes ages, and of course, stamps cost like 47 cents now. WTF? Not to mention no one seems able to read my handwriting. Anyway, I digress.

I text everybody. I simply cannot keep track of emails, and my phone is just lousy. No one can ever understand me because my service is lousy and I cut out. Or maybe I speak too quietly, *shrugs* Anyway, so I sent a bunch of texts out, and you know what, no one ever replies. I get it, people have lives and better things to do than take two seconds out of their day to reply to me. Because we all know that is how long it takes to reply to your average text, assuming you're not wearing fake nails. Anyway, I don't mind people not replying, (like friends), for extended periods of time simply because I go to a college where people have no real lives since we're all inside studying and freaking out about presentations/essays/exams/portfolio due dates. In fact, I have gotten pretty gifted when it comes to not getting angry at their untimely replies... which can take months sometimes. (Even if I do say so myself). What really irritates me though, is when the sw who is supposed to be over-seeing my fw doesn't frickin reply to me for like two weeks or more. I need her to coordinate/meet with me about field work every few weeks so I can get credit for my degree. If she is not talking to me, and setting up meetings, I can't meet and get credit. There goes another year of my life. YAY.

*Facedesk* Someone please remind me why I subjected myself to social work school. Seriously.

Anyway- here is a tribute to my OCD. ORGANIZATION:

These are all of my active threads for all my pcs, that need grading/finishing up:

Ari:

1- Guardians (Pretty self explanatory)
2- The sand slipped through my fingers (may or may not have been abandoned by the other player)

Ariel

1- Need to think up the idea for Ganny's modded thread.
2- Of bones and clay
3- A simple man (needs grading)
4- The horse-lover and the midget go for a hunt (needs grading)
5- Be careful, she bites
6- Flaming water (where oh where did ommy go)?
7- Midget WARS (needs grading)

Aello:

1- A double edged blade
2- Count all the auras (needs grading)
3- Within the heat of the forge (may have been abandoned, consider sending it in soon)
4- Crossing blades (awaiting a grade)
5- Blood stains (wrap this up, and try not to bleed to death)
6- Watch me (V is gonna get me)
7- The foolish bard (awaiting a grade)
8- The lady of death (needs a grade)
9- The chained ones (try not to die)
10- A foolish mistake, hunting for supplies and walk it off (awaiting a grade)

Blythe

1- The Exchange (needs grading)
2- Saved by the... giant blue guy?
3- Better left unseen and whispered words (Alice FTW)
4- Teach me your ways? (needs grading)
5- Sinners or Slaves (remember to check the Cobalt Mts. since you never rp in Syliras)
6- Katana lessons number two and three need grading
7- To hunt for what is already yours (where oh where is the lovely Keyta)?

Cara:

1- Get "I don't think I am in Avanthal anymore" under way (ps. it is in lhavit)
2- Going out for once (try not to kill Darren)
3- Elkrider (awaiting a grade)
4- Pay your debt (grading)
5- Playing with poison (grade pending)
6- A taste of pain (try not to let Berus hit you with his lyre)
7- Do you want a night light? (to be graded)
8- When Chesh is ready start pt. 3 of the fight

Which leads us to lesson... erm... 5 I think: Ariel has severe OCD, and is a fan of timeliness. Timeliness is priceless.

P.S. There is a bottle of ginger ale sitting in my fridge. It belongs to my roommate. My roommate has mono, so I can't steal it. =(
I actually like ginger ale. It is basically the only soda worth borrowing without asking.
Giggles :
*Giggles*
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Vala on March 29th, 2011, 1:12 am

College sounds like it sucks...

Here is a picture to make it all better.

Now for some sentimental drivel...

Keep doing the good work Ari. Social work is a soul sucking major, not always fulfilling, but be glad to know you will make a difference one day. The difference might be small, you might never even get to know the good you've done, and that ignorance is the most painful thing, but remember, its the small things people hold onto, and remember in their darkest moments.

I had a bit of trouble as a pre-teen and actually had to talk to a social worker for a bit. I hated it... I always thought I was too smart and strong to be psycho analyzed by some smiley little twit - I made sure to lie and mess around with her (passive aggressively) Something I regret to this day. I never opened myself up to her, I wasn't ready to do something like that then. I would lie about absolutely everything and make up new personalities to see if she would call me out on it. She never did; she was always patient, always friendly, always caring. I'm not sure if that was just because it was her job, but I'm sure it was hard for her to deal with people like me. I hope you never have to deal with someone who doesn't want to be helped (especially a violent one) but I can't say you won't. I can only promise: I wish you the best of luck.

Keep at it Ari. Damn your crappy advisors. Get your Social Work Degree. Go make a difference in the world!

P.S. I feel so sappy and teary right now... <3 I can't believe I spilled this much.
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Ilaeari on March 29th, 2011, 1:30 am

*Huggles Vala* Thanks you!

Needless to say I have already been there done that. (With the unwilling patients). But they're always tons of fun. It's like a little game: can you catch the patients in a lie? Most of the time you can, but you don't mention anything because of your fear you may be wrong. Or maybe you don't want to make that silent hatred and lingering awkwardness any worse. *shrugs*

Either way, it's a fun little game.

<---- Still doesn't fully comprehend why she sees life as one giant game of chess.

Lesson 6: Although Ariel tries to act all tough on the outside, she is a giant sap inside. Or a marshmallow if you'd prefer.

<----- Prefers the notion of being a marshmallow inside because they're sweet, and fluffy, and fun to play with, and so very tasty. *giggles*

P.S. Yes I meant to post on my soon to be retired pc, whose CS crashed my computer each time I try to pull it up. Bloody wannabe Ariel.
Ilaeari
Swaying Under the Sun

Words: 8176
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2011, 10:31 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Postby Ariel on March 29th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Hello again my lovelies. As you can see, Ari has already been retired. Needless to say I am a little upset about that. Of course I asked to have her retired, but that doesn't change anything.

The reason, at least in my opinion, as to why someone would attempt to navigate the site with the full 5 pc limit, (not including mod accounts), would simply be because they love so many of the races and their attributes, as well as their histories that they simply couldn't decide who and what to be. Hence five pcs, five is a good number. Allows you to cover a fifth of the races or so... oddly enough. Unless you become a mod, in which case, you can be just about anything or anyone, which is pretty cool even if I do say so myself. Or perhaps it's so they can experience as many cities as possible, rp with tons of different people, and severely decrease their chances of waiting on replies. After all, with five pcs, there is always more than enough work to do, and stuff to write about. Anyway, I digress.

The thing is, as much as I couldn't wait to jump into rping with Ari as soon as she obtained a guardian, (she just doesn't seem complete without one), I just didn't have time for her. Yes, she was only involved in two threads, and one seemed to have died, but even so, the notion of having to neglect a pc just makes me sad. I am not sure what it is, but I see each of my pcs as people, (or clay figurines given life). Each has a distinct personality, and each has a part of me in them. Aello for example, has my looks and my sarcasm. My constant backs and forth with the mind. Blythe holds a few of my interests- like fortune telling, and the fact that she isn't too into traveling. Ariel is my adventurous side. Ari was the quiet self. Cara is just the bitchy one, an outlet for my dark side, if you will. Anyway, I'm sure you get the point.

Neglecting them, as I said before, just doesn't sit well. I feel like I should be giving them all equal amounts of work, time, and attention. Even if that means I only get to do two threads a time, and like a solo for each a season.

But, as I'm sure a lot of mods and people with a large amount of pcs such as myself know: it gets really hard to balance your time between pcs. In fact, it is nearly impossible, and one or two always wind up being forgotten it seems.

I do understand that, I really do. In fact, I kind of expect it. But when I realized I never had time for my favorite pc anymore because I was so darn busy with everybody else, I got a little upset. It's odd, I don't think I've written a darn thing for Ariel in like 2-3 weeks. I used to write at least a little something for her every day.

Why does it matter so much?

Well, I enjoy writing Ariel. She is pretty much my only pc without a dark side. Whether that be in the form of her history, or her personality. After all, unlike Aello and dear old Cara, Ariel isn't being consumed by her magic. She is still young, playful and sarcastic. Adventurous. Her childhood innocence still lingers. Generally speaking, she is no where near as heavy as my other pcs, which is something you need sometimes. Although heavy stuff can be fun to delve into, you need something lighter too, at least in my opinion, so you don't rip out your hair and wind up kind of depressed. (Especially when you're in social work school and you deal with depressing shit each and every day of your life. Not that I'm complaining, I love my major, it's just that you also need something to take the world back off your shoulders at the end of the day).

Ariel does that for me. She is crazy, and happy in a GOOD way. She can always put a smile on my face, and thus, I love playing her, even if it ensures I get made fun of. After all, who other than myself doesn't enjoy whipping out a good pycon joke or two?

I suppose what I am getting at is I just need to be able to play the pcs that make me happiest, and although I don't have time for Ilaeari right now, maybe I will in the future. I am thinking, that during the summer when there is nothing to do in my little hometown, she will make her return. It's a few months away from now- usually starts in early May in college. I'm really looking forward to it. I like Ari, and can't wait to have a decent amount of time to devote to her development and character. Until then, she shall be shipped off into the dream world. I need to deal with my four other pcs... I guess. *slightly saddened face*

*waves good-bye to Ilaeari for now*

I know she'll be back, but, it's going to feel like a very long wait.

P.S. Does anyone else find my strange attachment to people who aren't real slightly strange or frightening, or do some of you feel the same way that I do?

Lesson 6: Lesson 4 is a damn good lesson. Especially if you don't want to wind up sad when you have to retire somebody to keep up.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ariel on April 20th, 2011, 3:34 am

So here we go with yet another series of to-do lists:

Ariel:

1- Modded thread with Ganny.
2- Figure out what to do about the Matasol thread.
3- Leave Endrykas.

Aello:

1- Work on auristics and spiritism.
2- Figure out to do with the Lorcan thread. It seems to have perished.
3- Work on patching Alenias up.
4- Work on dagger. Get it to competent. Right now she is simply too unbalanced.
5- Figure out what to do with that wolf paw.
6- Contemplate the mysteries and possible destruction of the cursed blade.

Cara:

1- Modded thread with Chesh.
2- Leaving Avanthal.
3- Work on animal husbandry and reimancy.
4- Try to find a job.

Blythe:

1- Do another solo training for katana.
2- Another work thread. (Oh how I am dreading this one).
3- Get her out of MURA!

Other Notes on Over-Giving:

Auristics:

-fatigue
-dilated pupils
-incoherent speech
-temporary loss of his physical senses
-perhaps a headache could be another mild symptom
-severe: awakened senses, (against pc's will)

Reimancy:

-hallucinations (I really need to be more inventive with those)
-bloodshot eyes
-increased pulse
-convulsions
-loss of consciousness
-death

Spiristism:

This is probably the form of magic I have the most trouble with when it comes to overgiving, simply because the topic is left so broad. When thinking about the magic, and what it is, there are a few things that come to mind. First, it involves communing with ghosts, and either helping or harming them. It involves the production of the ghost's essence...

Of course, the process is disgusting, being that the soulmist mixture involves blood... not a pleasant taste. So that whole process can be written out as a setback.

After all, for everything gained, something has to be lost. But what exactly is lost in spiristism? What makes the process so unpleasant, other than the unpleasant taste of the mist, and of course, the possibility that your pc could be possessed?

The lore states that risks for the magic are death or worse. Which is fine, although I'd prefer if Aello didn't die. But... what exactly is the over-giving for spiritism?

When thinking logically and considering the skill once more, perhaps other side-effects for the process itself would be increased blood loss, which could lead to feeling faint, and generally woozy. Or even fainting itself. (I mean if you have to slit your own wrists and draw a 16 pointed star in your own blood in order to summon a ghost... well surely that would use up enough blood for your pc to come close to passing out).

Other risks may be hallucinations I suppose... thinking you see or feel a ghost when one isn't actually there. Thinking you feel them whispering to you. The notion that eyes are always watching, that there is always a cool breeze on your skin. That, in a nutshell, would be over-giving I suppose, but, what else could over-giving be?

It is simply just not... set in stone with this skill.

Would a spiritist find that they have a headache, if they practice for too long? Became disoriented? Forget what life and death is, and think themselves, dead and ghosts alive?

Would there be some cross-over to voiding and summoning type over-giving effects at higher levels when a spiritist can evoke spirits? Things like what is written here, "Most symptoms of overgiving are the standard ones, including euphoria, desire to cast more, a feeling of being unstoppable, Sweet Whispers, followed by physical trauma, bleeding, convulsions and a gradual loss of control over one's magic. Unique consequences of Voiding overgiving include micro-Portals opening inside the user's body, possibly Voiding parts of them and digging holes in them. Others are driven insane, thinking they are living in the Void, or getting hallucinations of being sucked into it. As usual, there are countless possibilities."

Or perhaps it's more like summoning? "Any task the summoned creature wants to perform." As in, it is possible the ghost would try to hurt the pc, or not listen to a darned thing they say...

Does anybody know, or have any other suggestions that Aello could try out? They'd be greatly appreciated.

Lesson 7: Magic is difficult to rp, although it is ton of fun, since it pretty much automatically turns your pc into a bit of a nut job. :D
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext