[Flashback] Innocence Lost [closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Leiwinn on January 9th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Timestamp: Fall 23, 506 AV

Night had fallen over Sunberth, but the city never slept. It was after dark that Sunberth truly came to life, and Leiwinn was no exception to that rule. She walked nervously down a dark alley, cringing every time her sword clanked too hard against her leg. Fear lurked at the back of her subconscious as she rounded the next corner and spotted him, a drunken fool passed out on the side of the road. This is who I'm supposed to kill? She wasn't surprised that the Father gave her an easy target for her first test, but the man wasn't even conscious. Her confidence rising Leiwinn approached the sleeping man, quietly drawing her sword. She didn't know why he was supposed to die, and she didn't care. "It is not our place to ask why..." The Father's voice spoke softly in her mind as Leiwinn remembered her instructions. "Only when and how. It must look like a robbery. When you are done with him, take anything of value he might have on him. His money, his clothes, anything that might be worth something to a thief." "Yes, Father," she had said, so eager to prove she could handle it. So eager to finally get out of the room she had been trapped in for so long and test her new skills. The hatred she held for the Father was still there, but she was finally getting to do something, finally about to discover her true self.

ImageLeiwinn knelt next to the man, the blade of her sword glinting in the moonlight as she brought it to her throat. The man grunted, and Leiwinn jumped back, but he only turned in his sleep. As he settled himself Leiwinn fell back into position, the blade almost touching his throat. This is it... it's time to find out what you're made of. "Do it." Leiwinn started, pulling the sword away. Was it just in her mind? Had she imagined that... no, the man's eyes were open. "Or don't, he said as he jumped to his feet, the fat in his belly rippling as he kicked Leiwinn in the chest. Leiwinn flew back, landing on the ground and dropped her sword. "Hah! That's the best old Luther can do? Send a rookie after me? Sorry lass, but you're not killing me tonight."

The large man adjusted his pants, moving into view the mace that had formerly been buried under his fat. "Now, I don't mind strange women coming to see me in the night," the man laughed as he unhooked the weapon from his belt. "But what I can't be havin is strange women tryin to kill me. See, that aint good for my health." The man approached as Leiwinn was shaking her head clear. She looked up just in time to see the mace cracking down at her, and barely rolled out of the way. "Quick, aint cha. Well old Ben is quick too, you'll see." True to her word the man whipped around, striking again and again. It was all Leiwinn could do to avoid the blows, wincing each time as the mace crashed into the ground, the wall, a nearby crate, shattering all of it. There was no way she could block a blow from the weapon with her hands, she thought as her eyes darted to the discarded blade. She didn't have much training with the sword, but it was her only chance.

Leiwinn
Player

Words: 74230
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2010, 1:47 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Leiwinn on January 10th, 2011, 12:06 am

A few passerby peered down the alley as Leiwinn scrambled about dodging blow after blow as if her life depended on it.. which it did, but none of them did anything. One pair whispered to each other before shrugging and going on their way, but most lingered no more than a few seconds to see what all the noise was about before moving on. It seemed nobody wished to come between the large man and his prey, though technically it was the man that was prey and the unarmed woman his hunter. The hunter wasn't doing her job very well however, as she narrowly avoided another blow from the mace. "You're making mah arm go numb, lass! Let me land a hit already so we can be done with it! Leiwinn kicked out with her leg in a sweeping motion, trying to take the large behemoth off his feet, but he only laughed all the louder as her leg smacked into his and didn't so much as budge him. "You'll have to do better than that, missy! Crack again went the mace onto the street and Leiwinn's eyes again went toward the discarded blade. She needed to get over there, but he was blocking her every time she went that way.. toying with her. She had to try something.

ImageThe man struck again and this time Leiwinn rolled forward risking a glance from the mace as it came down. She managed to only get nicked, but she could literally hear her skin tearing as the barbed mace swept back up. "Hey! What are you doin, the large man shouted as Leiwinn found herself right between her legs. Unable to get a good strike with her hands or feet she did the first the she could think of, and heaved up with her head, smacking him right in the family jewels. The man let out an agonized roar and buckled over as Leiwinn rolled out behind him, but surprisingly he kept his feet. Leiwinn had just enough time to grab her sword and bring it up in front of her as the man let loose a flurry of blows all aimed to crush her skull into the pavement.

Each time she blocked she felt her arms go numb to the weight of the blow, and she was barely able to hold on. She had to find some way to get the upper hand, but she had no training with the weapon. Finally she spotted an opening and darted past the man's right side, then spun around to slash with the sword at his back. Again proving he was quicker than he looked the man turned and blocked the strike before it got anywhere near to hitting him. The fear in her eyes could easily be seen as Leiwinn grasped the sword in both hands and slowly backed away each time he deflected a blow. She had to think of something or she would die...

Finally she spotted what she needed, a pair of crates unscathed by the fury of the large man named Ben. Leiwinn darted for the crates, sheathing her sword as she went, and leapt atop them. "Where do you think you're goin, litte one?" She didn't answer, but jumped up, grasping at the ledge of the building next to the crates. She missed the first time, and the man was almost upon her, but the second she managed to grab hold of the ledge, pulling herself up just as the man shattered the crates into a million pieces. "Hey, you get down here missy! I'm not done killin you yet!!" Leiwinn quickly surveyed her surroundings, spotting a barrel to her left. She ran over and tested it, finding it quite heavy.

"What's the matter," she shouted, "You might be quick but you're too fat to climb up here!" The man's roar of rage and stream of curses let her know he was still there as she struggled to bet the barrel into position. She peaked over the ledge of the building, the man spotting her instantly. "Get back down here you coward!" Leiwinn grinned and disappeared over the ledge, appearing again a second later shoving the barrel off the roof and right onto the large man's head. "You looked like you needed a drink!" The barrel exploded on impact, causing the man to stumble, and drenching him in some kind of alcoholic liquid. A moment later he screamed in pain, "My eyes! You got ale in my eyes, damn you witch!"

Leiwinn stood with pride and drew her sword, watching the man stumble blindly about. She took her time to line up the shot and, when the moment was right, leapt from the ledge and plunged the sword into the man's back. Ben went down in an instant, crying out in pain, and fell on his face. "Argh! You stupid no good whore!" He wheezed, struggling to voice the insults. "You didn't even kill me, you petching no good dirty... stupid... agh." Leiwinn stood next to the man, staring down at him. Not dead yet.... It wasn't a clean kill. One thing the Father always imparted upon her was that it must be a clean kill, always. The victim wasn't supposed to suffer any more than necessary... she would have to finish him off.

Leiwinn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Leiwinn on January 10th, 2011, 1:50 am

Leiwinn crouched next to the man and rolled him over, taking a considerable amount of strength to do so, so he could sit up. The blade of her sword protruded through his shoulder and blood trickled to the ground around him. Her eyes met his as he labored to keep his breath, the insults coming from his mouth having stopped. Ben's gaze was unfocused as he struggled to fight to the last, and Leiwinn could barely bear to watch. With a sudden moment of clarity his eyes focused on hers and he spoke the words he first spoke to her, "Do it." Letting out a long sigh he closed his eyes, and Leiwinn took a deep breath of her own.Image

She reached around the large man, grasping the hilt of her sword and with a hard tug she pulled the blade out. To his credit the man only winced in pain as he forced his eyes back open, determined to look into the eyes of his killer as he died. Leiwinn could barely hold his gaze as she repositioned the blade in front of his heart, and considered saying something to the man. No emotion. No thought, just the kill. He is no one to you, only a job. Make it quick, make it clean. Never draw it out. The Father's words wrung out in her mind as she remembered one of the first lessons he'd ever given to her, more of a lecture really, which was proving to be the most important she would ever learn.

Steeling herself she took another long breath, then strengthened her grip on the hilt, pushing into the mans chest. There was some resistance at first as his skin sought desperately not to be split by the sharp blade, but there was nothing that could stop her now. Into his heart it went, and Leiwinn was unable to tear her eyes from his as she watched, first surprise, then recognition, then acceptance as the man slumped. His eyes went dark and still Leiwinn looked into him, she could not pull herself away. She wasn't sure how long she stayed that way, looking into the dead man's eyes, but at some point she felt a familiar hand on her shoulder. "You have passed your test, child... come. The first is always the hardest, but it will come easier with time." Leiwinn hoped he was telling the truth as she followed him back to his lair, unable to shake the look of the man's eyes as the light went out in them forever.

Leiwinn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on March 20th, 2011, 3:55 am

Thread Award!
Leiwinn

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Brawling 1 --
Acrobatics 2 --
Weapon (Short Sword) 1 --

Lore
Strength Against Alacrity
Losing Innocence
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook