The Heat that Soothes...(Kovac)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Camriska on March 18th, 2011, 6:16 pm

She chuckled herself and looked up into his eyes, her sparkling with a bit of happiness, that had been rare in the recent weeks. She kept looking at him as she bit her lip a little. She decided to bring up what she had been wondering for so long, but never realized it until that moment. "Kovac why have we been avoiding each other so long? I've missed you, if you didn't miss me on some level you wouldn't have stayed and talked to me here." She kept his gaze as hers softened while she spoke, she couldn't stop now. She wanted to reach out, touch his shoulder, his arm, anything to have some kind of contact. Her hand even hovered out of the water, the droplets falling from her ivory fingertips looking like diamonds as they caught the light before returning to the bath. Her hand just hung there for a moment, unable to make the whole journey. "Kovac...Can...Can we put the past behind us? Be like we use to, what we should have been like all this time?" her eyes were pleading, but she knew if he refused her now she wouldn't be able to talk to him again, she just wanted to know if they could at least talk, at least be civil to each other instead of avoiding...that she could look at him without having to steal the glances from across the room when he wasn't looking...she bit her lip gently, a nervous habit she was beginning to see. Her hand still stayed halfway to him, she couldn't bring herself to put it back or move it forward, so it just stayed.
Camriska
Coveter

Words: 7681
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2011, 11:21 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kovac on March 22nd, 2011, 2:45 pm

Kovac held Camriska's gaze, unwilling to give too much of himself in it, but realizing again how blue the girl's eyes really were. She bit her lip again, a trait she may only now be noticing, but a habit Kovac remembered Cam had always had, it was one of the endearing things about her. Then, the girl breeched the subject he had feared would arise, a confrontation over what had happened to separate them. Heartfelt revelation and soul-searching was not the Avora's strength, and he cringed a bit inside as the fletcher finally asked him the question. He saw her hand lift from the water, he knew she wanted to touch him. A small soft spot recognized the risk she was taking, Cam knowing that he could very well deny her, or worse, reject her completely. She was right. there was a part of him that wanted to reach back for her, having missed their friendship deeply, though he had buried it well. But the pain and sense of betrayal had had much time to root, and that choking weed was not so easy to kill.

Kovac sighed, pulling his gaze from her for a moment, as if struggling to construct his answer. Finally he turned back to Camriska. "You knew better than anyone how much I wanted to prove myself to my father. I know he chose you over me. But you accepted. You had to know how much that hurt me." The archer's eyes bore into hers for a moment before he sent his gaze into the steam cloud again. "But you never even recognized it, never offered any explaination or even an apology. You expected things to go on as usual, knowing he was teaching you things I wanted him to teach me."

Irritation rose in Kovac's countenance as he turned his head back to the girl and glared at her. "Why did you do that, how could you do that, after what we meant to each other?" He locked his eyes on Camriska's, arms folded across his chest. He was waiting for what he had wanted to hear for years, her side of the story.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous