The wind is free... [Emizal]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Severn on March 23rd, 2011, 4:01 am

The mercenary backstabbed another bandit, then backflipped to dodge another hit from a bandit. "I am death! Destroyer of worlds!" He shouted in common at the band of robbers. His harsh features, the cold blue eyes and the ugly scar on his face, coupled with his blood smeared clothes made quite a fearsome appearance. A couple of them hesitated and he used the opportunity to cut them down without mercy. But there were way too many of them for him to handle alone. Yahal, give me strength. He thought, his eyes fixed on the group of bandits.

Noticing Emizal riding towards him, he grabbed her hand and quickly climbed on the horse's back, in the same time slashing with his scimitar at another bandit who tried to pull him down. "Where now?" He asked the girl, concern in his eyes. He was covered in cuts and bruises and his clothes were drenched in blood, both his own and the bandits' he killed.
Severn
Sword for Hire

Words: 8969
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Emizal Silverden on March 28th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Emizal rode away from the bandits as Severn climbed on back of her strider. Sevian didn't like the strange man on his back but didnt try and buck him off due to the fact Emizal was also upon him. The rode away from the crowed as Severn started yelling something that didn't sound to sane to Emi.

They rode till they were out of harms way, Emi sliding off Sevians back checked him for cuts or bruises. Sevian had his own mind though and as soon as Emizal was out of the way, he bucked up knocking Severn off his back. Sevian turned and stomped at the man nipping at his tunic. Emizal laughed as her pulled the Striders head back, "Calm Sevian, calm." she looked to the man as she whistled, hoping Javi would find her way back to them.

"Severn, you fighyer?"
she spoke in bad common, "tank you". She bowed slightly to him showing her gratitude. Her side killed her, it was bruised by that heavy man that fell upon her, but she did not show it for it would bring dishonor to herself.

Going to be gone for a while, but will be able to post, just not as often as I want.
Emizal Silverden
Of The Diamond Clan

Words: 36164
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Severn on March 28th, 2011, 6:39 pm

The mercenary smiled at the girl, his harsh features displaying gratitude as well as warmth. "You helped me when no one else helped. For that, I thank you. And I fight for you, free, no mizas." He said to her. "I know not how to ride horse. I can pay mizas if you teach me." Severn spoke, his voice clear. He seemed to trust the girl, but there were still things he avoided to tell her and this was obvious.

As was thrown off the horse, he backflipped and landed clumsily on his feet. "Thank Yahal I learned those acrobatic skills" he spoke in Shiber, to himself. Then, he dodged the horse that attempted to attack him, making a few steps back. Turning to Emizal, he covered his scarred face with his shroud once more. There was a hint of concern in his eyes. "You hurt?" He said as he looked at her. "I am sorry I could not defend you better from bandits. I am... not much experience with sword. Training, yes, but not much experience."

There was a kind of shame in his eyes as he spoke the last words, as if he was reminded of some past failure of his, one that had a huge impact on his life. He seemed like more than the average mercenary, he had a kind of wisdom that not many men of his age have. This was a man who had been through a lot of hardship, a man marked by a past tragedy. He looked at Emizal with a kind of longing specific to someone who has been alone for a long time. The longing of a man who had no friends, who needed someone to talk to, but was too ashamed to approach her, as if he had failed her in some way, as if he was not worthy of standing in her presence. His eyes showed an almost predatory intelligence, but those eyes hid a tragic past. This was no ordinary mercenary indeed. Not driven by a lust for power, money and fame, but by the need to scrape a daily living. He looked out of place, like the kind of man who belonged nowhere, claimed ownership of nothing and just drifted around without any real purpose behind his actions. Lost, like a grain of sand in the sea.
Severn
Sword for Hire

Character sheet

Postby Emizal Silverden on April 5th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Emizal Watched the man as he spoke. She sighed as she walked over to him and touched his wounds. "Dont be sad," she spoke in poor common. "You need doter." she whistled for Javi hoping that she was on her way back and could lead them out of this maze like city. It was truly beautiful but she could of swore that she seen that building not even three blocks back. She hoped to leave this town as soon as she could.

She looked back to Severn and wondered what she should do, he was bleeding more now and surly would pass out soon. She would let him back on her strider but, Sevian didnt seem to like him. And she was sure she could only carry him so far. She took down her hair and with the remaining piece of the tie, she cut off the circulation of his other arm. Stopping more blood from spilling out. Emizals side was killing her, it was painful to breath, but she didnt want to show weakness. Even though she was in great pain she showed none of this on her face. For she didnt want to make this already upset, any more upset that he failed to protect her. She smiled to him and spoke as slow as she could and as clear in common. "I ok, I figher too. I not wimp." she smiled to him as she placed her hand on his back leading him towards Sevian. She herd a bark and notice that Javi was tracking them, soon the dog will be with them and they will be able to get medical attention.

Her hair stuck to her neck for she was sweating, the pain in her rib cage was slowly building up, she didnt know how much longer she could stand to showing it on her face. She took in a ragged breath, as she wiped away the sweat beads on her head. Just then Javi came running around the corner, barking and wagging her tail. Javi pranced around Sevian checking him out then walked over to Emizal. Taking on sniff the dog tucked her tail and whimpered, she could tell that Emizal wasnt feeling well. The dog walked a bit in a direction then stopped, only to look back to see if the others were following.

Emizal smiled to Severn, "Lets go get helz" she spoke in common.

Going to be gone for a while, but will be able to post, just not as often as I want.
Emizal Silverden
Of The Diamond Clan

Words: 36164
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Severn on April 5th, 2011, 3:20 pm

The sun had already started to set and lights were being turned on in various buildings, giving the city an eerie appearance in the dieing light. Fitting, for this was the fabled city of illusions. One lone mercenary followed a drykas girl through the streets, somewhat oblivious to the sight. He was visibly struggling to stay awake, but the man's wounds and exhaustion were slowly, but surely, taking their toll on him.

The stranger kept looking at the girl, the look in his eyes suggesting shame, for some hidden thoughts of his, as he slowly raised his hand, clumsily lifting his shroud over his face, completely concealing his rough features. He was heroicly hiding any signs of pain, though the wounds he had received were anything but light, displaying a surprising amount of stubbornness and self-discipline, quite uncommon for a mercenary. He smiled a bit as the girl touched him, but his smile would have been concealed by the shroud that covered his face. "I am sorry. Just reminded of past failures." He spoke to her in a tone that betrayed his severe condition, unable to hide just how weakened he was, regardless of how much he tried. Right now, the only thing that was keeping him from falling off the horse was his own stubbornness.

"Yes. I need help." He answered in the end. "I can not resist this very long. I tried, but must be the loss of blood." He spoke slowly, ashamed that he had to admit his own weakness to a woman, especially one that was raised in a warrior culture. He looked hesitant, not wanting to upset her in any way, like any man would behave around a womn he liked. But despite him being obviously atracted by the girl, he kept his distance, for unknown reasons, almost as if he was afraid of insulting her, or worse, even harming her in some way or another.

In the end, he struggled to dismount the horse and took him a few moments to steady himself when they reached the healer. He clumsily reached for his purse to pay the healer, a slightly overweight old man with a serious face which held a pair of curious eyes. "What happened here?" The healer asked in common, looking at the mercenary. "Long story. There was a fight with mercenaries. Then street thugs." Severn replied with only a few words in his own badly accented common as the healer's assistant grabbed hold of him just as he was about to collapse.

The mercenary slipped 5 gold mizas into the hand of the assistant and then slowly tied his purse at his belt, finally resting his hand on the hilt of his old, worn scimitar. "Sword was old. Will need better one. I had another, but left with someone else. I know not where it is now." He spoke, almost delirious by now, to the old healer as he was rushed inside the building. The sun slowly set on the city, as another ordinary day has passed. Another ordinary day when blood was spilled on its streets.
Severn
Sword for Hire

Character sheet

Postby Puzzle on May 1st, 2011, 6:39 pm

[font=verdana]
Thread Intervention

Thread Review

Severn & Emizal Silverden

I deeply apologize, but I could not make heads or tails of this thread. The location didn't seem anywhere near Alvadas and the "auto-actions" of the NPCs totally had me disoriented. I couldn't really even make out what was going on.

I am afraid I have to render this thread "Disqualified." I do suggest perhaps reading the Starting Package and the Starting Guide or asking for assistance with your character sheets as well as taking a look into the OOC linkmap for Alvadas.

Please don't hesitate to ask for any assistance and I wish you happy posting in the future!
Puzzle
Retired Staff

Words: 11490
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2011, 6:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous