Dra-Modus

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Dra-Modus

Postby Dra-Modus on March 30th, 2011, 12:26 am

Dra-Modus is a Mixed blood whom acts as an amateur, traveling painter. He is the son of a Symenetra woman and Zith man. As a child, the skill of painting was taught to him and used by his mother to help him control the instinctual side of him brought on by his father. Image He has basic skills in hunting, fishing, and gardening that allow him basic wilderness survival while traveling. More uniquely, he has been taught how to extract the pigments of certain plants to create the paint he uses for his occupation.
Dra-Modus

Race: Mixed BloodSymenestra (mother) & Zith(father)
Height: 5"11' | 71 inches | 180 centimeters
Weight: 128 pounds | 58 kilograms
Birthday Season of Fall, Day 27, 496 AV

ImageUpon first looking at him, one may not assume that Dra-Modus is part Symenestra or Zith. He has no wings, his limbs are barely elongated, he has none of the fur associated with the Zith, and overall his appearance is very human. However, his most obvious trait carried over from both of his bloodlines are his very durable, long, dark nails; both Zith and Symenestra have such claw-like nails and thus the trait has been given to Dra-Modus thoroughly.

More specifically, Dra-Modus has dark brown, nearly black hair. In natural or dim lighting, his hair actually appears to be black; it is only in brightly lit settings or very clear, sunny days in which one can tell that his hair is not truly black. His irises are slightly large and very red, however a darker hue that doesn't stand out as much as it could if it were brighter. He has the default fangs a half-breed would have. His skin has just a touch of complexion, but aside from that - most likely due to most of his traveling being at night and his heredity - his skin is very pale, especially around his chest and stomach where he has no tan whatsoever.

As an individual, Dra-Modus appears to be in his late teens or early twenties, most likely due to the accelerated aging brought on with the Zith. He is very tone, even slightly muscular, however he is still very lightly built. Although just barely, his arms and legs (more his legs) are elongated and his overall frame is slender. Upon his left arm, the Silakrov's chain linksImage are wrapped around his slender bicep, hinting at his left-handedness. He is more durable than one would expect from a pure Symenestra, but the light weight nature of the Zith have not truly balanced out his fragile nature.

ImageThe character concept of Dra-Modus is in truth a concept birthed from my attempts to be at least slightly unique, to achieve a simplistic character with at least logical rooting into the setting, and most of all to have a highly aesthetic appeal with the Character Sheet. Just coming onto this forum, I thought that opposed to having an idea made ahead of time, I should create a general idea for my first character as I learned about this forum, which did entirely help ease the process.

At first, I wanted to design a character that through both Race and History would lead me to the Goddess of Slaves, however I decided to put that off for later plot use if at all. This should denote that I started my character-creation journey with the Gods first; I intended on rooting myself into the world via religion. Despite giving up my goal of siding with the Goddess of Slaves, the slavery concept brought me to the Zith. It is in my nature to try and create hybrids, so I looked through the race list and found a match I liked: Zith and Symenestra.

After listing the pros and cons of the hybridization, I eventually decided to set out with a character whom was the offspring of a Symenestra and Zith.With this foundation made, I skipped ahead and began learning about what all was needed to create a Character Sheet and from there I began filling in the gaps and holes as I saw fit. In this character's most basic concept, he would haveImage qualities such as: A single profession that had a large effect on his personality, a personality that is slightly varied from one of the races he is a hybrid of, and of course being part Zith and Symenestra. From those very basic concepts, I brought forth Dra-Modus.

Book I: Pre-Roleplay :
I: The Father

Dra-Modus' father was originally a Zith from the Xy colony. A proud, youthful male, he proved much too eager and was badly wounded during a fight over mating rights. Not only that, he was shunned from his colony. He took to the coastlines until his wounds healed and began learning of sailing. As it is a quality of the Zith, he learned how to fish and sail quite quickly. Any time he had failed and a boat of his had sunk, he had always been close enough to shore to simply fly back. This trial and error led him to eventually gaining enough competency in terms of sailing to sail from Cyphrus to Kalea. This journey across the waters would soon bring him to another journey...

II: The Mother

Dra-Modus' mother was a woman named Enietta Teriss. She grew up Kalinor, but was quick to leave upon turning old enough. She didn't want to breed. She had no desire to further her race. She took the wilds alone, which wasn't a problem for her. She had hunted for herself, provided everything she could have ever needed completely self-sufficiently. She turned to Herbalism, creating medicines if she ever needed. But mostly, she began making pigments and dye out of plants. She took to painting, using doeskin as canvas and her own nails as paintbrushes. This is how she spent her time until her life was changed...

III: The Meet

It was some time since Dra-Modus' father had a decent meal. Hunting in the different region proved difficult, even for an experienced hunter such as himself. He had already gotten lost, so returning to shore and attempting to fish was out of the question. That is when he picked up on a familiar smell: it was blood, as if from a fresh kill. He rushed to it, seeing Enietta sacrificing some type of mountainous ram. In truth, she was performing a ritual to Virita, but he had no way of knowing this. As he would have any normal human, he attempted to dive from the sky and take the ram, however Enietta proved to not only match him, but out skill. In an even deeper truth, even if Dra-Modus' father had not been weakened by hunter, Enietta most likely would have been able to take him down.

~

It wasn't glorious combat, but it was fierce. Although lasting maybe two minutes at tops, it had drained Dra-Modus' father to the point of not even being able to fly. Without a chance for escape and knowing he was defeated, he stopped. In a non-verbal way, he offered himself to Enietta, hoping for a clean death. However, she who had knew of Zith like him was intrigued. She had only even heard stories of the mankillers of the Din, but this one was almost asking for an honorable death. She let him live, even fed him. This was the beginning of their relationship...

IV: The Spark, Flare, and Flame

Soon realizing that he was only spared due to a spark of intrigue he gave her, Dra-Modus' father took an admiration for this girl. She allowed him to live and took him in after his own kind expelled him for losing in combat and she showed the same curiosity he had when he was learning to sail. The language barrier was quickly torn down, although not very well. Using crude hand gestures, his father had difficulties communicating with Enietta. Furthermore, he didn't even have a name to be referred to with. These problems were quickly overcame as they developed a system and settled on the simple name Jin, but it took time. And, time made that spark of curiosity into a flare. She was so intrigued by how Jin was different from what she had been told. And, even more when she learned he had the tradeskill of sailing and fishing. Jin was simply glad to see that Enietta enjoyed his company and was even flattered when she painted him. The flare turned into a flame when Jin tried to make it up to Enietta. He spent months constructing a boat with a cabin large enough for both of them in total secret. He then took her out on a trip with him and she was just as flattered as he had been. What she fell in love with was the moon over the water as it turned night; it was a scene she so desperately desired to paint. This is when Jin's thoughtfulness had been taken to a whole new level as he had stored some of her paint and a canvas he made himself in the cabin. That act bursted into a pyre of passion between they became intimate.

V: The Ashes

It wasn't long before Enietta figured out she was pregnant. However, opposed to how she felt in Kalinor about breeding, she was happy. She was happy to be with Jin. Furthermore, Jin was euphoric; whereas he was expelled for simply trying to mate before, a woman of a completely different race was in love with him and happy to bare his child. From the ashes of Jin and Enietta's intimacy came Dra-Modus, whom Enietta took the liberty of naming. After Dra-Modus, the two never bore another child. Possibly due to Jin's aging or Enietta's body, nevertheless Dra-Modus was raised an only child. He took to his mother much more than his father. It was Entietta who taught him most of the things he knows today, including his worship of Viritas. Enietta even went as far as trying to suppress Dra-Modus' instinctive nature to a mostly successful extent. Enietta taught Dra-Modus to paint at a young age and he took to it for various reasons: Zith heredity for catching on, his father's individual control, his mother's talent for the art. Nevertheless, he learned to overcome his instinctual behavior. It was on his thirteenth year that he decided to set out on his own, although by then he was nearly an adult. Leaving his parents behind, he set out into the world as a traveling painter.

Skills
Starting Skills

Skill Level Score
Painting Competent 27 (Starting pack)
Hunting Novice 7 (Starting pack)
Fishing Novice 5 (Starting pack)
Gardening Novice 11 (Starting pack)
Persuasion Novice 10 (Racial)

Arcana
Starting Arcana

N/A

Gnosis
Starting Gnosis

Gnosis Date of Attainment
Silakrov Season of Fall, Day 17,509 AV

Lore
Starting Lore

Equipment
Starting Equipment

• 1 Set of Clothing
  • 1 Waterskin
  • 1 Backpack, contents:
    • 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
    • Provisions for 7 days
    • 1 eating knife
    • Flint & Steel
  • Heirloom: 1 Refillable, Organic Paint set

Professions
Professions

Painter - Dra-Modus' only true profession is as a traveling, mediocre painter. He does not apply decorative or preservative coats to housing or any other structure. He is solely a painter of the artistic genre.

Ledger
Ledger Archive

Miza Checking
100 Starting Package

Thread list
Thread List

Thread Beginning End Description Status
Flashback: How Dra-Modus earned Silakrov Season of Fall, Day 17,509 AV Season of Fall, Day 17,509 AV Dra-Modus proves his understanding of the teachings of Viritas; Dra-Modus spares a Symenestra man and saves his father. Finished

Languages
Learned Languages

Fluent Basic Poor
Common Symenos Isur
Be it whispers in the wind...
...or a voice in your head.
I am forever with you.

Weapon of Choice:

█████████████████████████████████████████████ị≡ị°█████ị█ị
Dra-Modus
Enigmagic Embodiment

Words: 16812