[Discussion] Vampirism in Mizahar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Tarot on April 1st, 2011, 8:46 am

I've been waiting for this! I'd like them to be the offspring of Sylir's murder at the hands of Rhysol. I know Krysus already took that niche but we can easily retcon her if needbe. This way they can be good or evil as the plot dictates and they can feel the full power of their undying angst.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start work on a faction of Nuits who sharpen their teeth in envy and denial.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 1st, 2011, 8:48 am

Maybe Darrian's parents left him for a vampire. That'd be a great background story.

Tarot - good idea. I wasn't thinking about origins, but your right. We need a great origin story. I think you're on the right track there.

Rhy - Soo many cool types, how do we pick? I like the muppet one (but how dare you include it here - THIS IS A SERIOUS DISCUSSION!), with the snipes teeth and the twilight sparkles... is that overkill though?
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Darrian Astor on April 1st, 2011, 8:52 am

Does that mean i can or cant be a vampire
Darrian Astor
Dark and Destroyed

Words: 2016
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2011, 4:57 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Dimitri on April 1st, 2011, 8:53 am

We gotta give them an edgy weakness. Instead of weak to sunlight make them weak to moonlight and can only survive in high sun
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Julian on April 1st, 2011, 8:53 am

Maybe you became a vampire to get your parents back.

Then they reject you for being a vampire because it turns out the vampire they left you for was someone they wanted to kill (and wanted to protect you from), and now they're forced to hunt you.

Complete twist.
Julian
Cellist

Words: 189595
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 12:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Rhuryc on April 1st, 2011, 8:53 am

Ugh. Well, we can't NOT have the best from everything. We might want to let them shape shift too, as a racial ability. Oh. My. God. GOSS. WHAT IF THEY COULD MIMIC A KELVIC.

They could turn into wolves, like, vampire wolves.
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Onyx on April 1st, 2011, 8:55 am

Obviously, Vampires can fly. Please make sure to add that ability, otherwise Vampires will have to abide by travel times like other more boring, stupid races. Most Vampires can fly at least 400mph, and can either sport bat wings or no flying appendages at all. Just whatever looks coolest, really.

Edit: I see that we have already established that the Vampires will have rainbow prismatic bird wings that materialize onto their backs at their whim. This is perfect, because having beautiful wings when you're sulking about how ugly you are inside to your friends is a bit distracting.
Onyx
No, I am not a worm made of rocks.

Words: 4262
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 1:59 am

Postby Rayage on April 1st, 2011, 11:33 am

If this is at all a serious discussion I would like to add that the wings idea is pretty cool ^.^ Though Ill most likely join Tarots group of nuit XD

I would like to voice (not to wine or anything) that the beefed up starter package seems a little over the edge. Though it is your decision age in fact does not always equal power. There are plenty of weak old people out there :P (Some who I believe to be vampires).

In all seriousness I like the ideas floating around and Ill try to think of something to add to the pot if we are seriously deciding to add vampires. I want to be a part of this too~
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vanator on April 1st, 2011, 11:38 am

Omg...I have been waiting for this. Can an existing character become a vampire by being bitten by a vampire character? I have too many PC's already, but if Vanator could seduce some sultry vamp tramp out in the grasslands, and get her to bite him, that would be awesome.

Would I get the skill point boost then? Could he still father children? Can he become an assassin too? A Drykas assassin vampire father...oh, pinch me, am I dreaming?
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Rayage on April 1st, 2011, 11:44 am

Ok, I think we still should be semi-realistic about all of this. Im (and this is totally my opinion) against undead having children because of the fact they are undead! They have no heartbeat, and therefor cannot produce little vampire babies. Though you could still have children, you will have to bite them yourself and turn the little kiddies into vampires and call them your own. But, my opinion is usually unpopular.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)