[Flashback]Revenge and a Funeral: Part One.(Leviathan)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Wystern on March 25th, 2011, 7:50 pm

"Gods damn it! Why didn't I think of that!" Wys wanted to exclaim out loud. Perhaps because he didn't have the time, or the fact that he had a hundred-fifty pound man on his shoulder. Regardless, too late to do anything about that now. Wait, something stolen? The token that Perdar gave him. That was quick work there; and that threw another realization at Wystern's brain. He quickly checked the bag on his shoulder only to find another ration gone. "And that is why you never ever let your guard down here, boy," Wys heard Jacob say in his head. That sarcastic narrating tone that always haunted him after a screw up. Wystern sighed and looked up in the sky in a quick prayer, perhaps seeking a quick divination, maybe some guidance. Not receiving any immediately, he looked back down with a very tired and slightly annoyed look on his face.

Now, here's a new character, that doctor. Doctor Petrecious? That sounds promising. Doctors are a rare sight. Most of the time it's just healer Konti that are forced into brothels, and so they will help and heal anyone who pays for an audience, among other things. Wys saw one personally, many years ago. A knife wound to the lung, not even a scar remained. It was for a brief moment, but he would never forget that face. And then it was gone, Wys was in the hideout, Rogue was standing there, scolding him for the mistakes. It all seemed like a bad dream until Wys learned about the healers of Syliras, and then everything made sense. But the "talking to the dead" part just kind of scared him, ever since he learned of a certain goddess of death.

"Daggers and Death? Sounds lovely, can't wait to kill every last one of them," Wys quietly mumbled to himself while taking a drink. Then, he was called a newcomer. Suspicious? Suspicious? Really? Not born here? Foreign? Well, perhaps the last one might be a little true, Wys likely lost the accent. But to call him a rookie in such a nice, snide, and an almost innocent way, that was a bit fun to hear. At least something has gone right today; sort of.

Wys reached for the coin purse and drew five mizas and lay them on the table in front of Thomous. Soon after, he dropped the facade on his face, the sturdy look became prevalent, and his jaws tightened. He looked like a different man from the one a few seconds ago.

"Now tell me, Thomous, what do you know about our good Doctor? And that's also for my lodging for tonight. Oh and one more thing, what would you know about a certain lady that goes by Sadin?

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on April 3rd, 2011, 9:14 pm

Thomous chuckled lightly as Wystern continued to ask probing questions about Sunberth. Then he shook his head vigorously. "Sorry friend. I save my best stories for those that purchase a beer for the both of us." Thomous's grin expanded as he hinted towards Wystern's need to bribe him. "And maybe a'other so nobody knows of the foreigner asking about things no foreigner should know about." A wink, and Thoumas was done talking, that is until he got a few more pieces of coin. Everyone knows nothing is free, in Sunberth, everything costs gold. Everyone had ways of obtaining it. Thomous worked in the tavern, sure, but everyone knew that wasn't how he made money. He knew things, he sold the knowledge of such things, or perhaps lies about such knowledge. "Y'know. It's a little suspicious altogether. A foreigner asking so many questions about Enent and Doctor Petricious. Even more so you hearing the name Sadin and asking about it. She is hardly known about by most people that live here in Sunberth. Suspicious y'know. Very. It's a shame I dun have a beer or two to shut my mouth." There was a glint of arrogance, slyness, almost charming wit as he spoke. It was, obviously, a bribe he was demanding.

Assuming Wystern pleased the man by buying them drinks, he would continue to speak, giving Wystern what exactly he wanted to know. "Doctor Petrecious is a strange man. He's been in Sunberth a few years now, but only recently became well known. He has ties with both Enent and Sadin. Sadin isn't a name I would say too loudly or often if I were you. Whatever petching fool leaked that name to yah risked not only death, but so much pain that he'd wish for death sooner. Sadin's not to be petched with. The Doctor has a home by the docks here in Sunberth, but he's more often found at a place he calls his "Surgical Center". It's not far from here, and I'm not even sure what goes on in that vile place, but I do know there are rumors of... experiments. For the advancement of science or medicine I'm sure. Enent himself can be found in his home, a large building that is protected more like a fortress than any house I seen. Go to the northern edge of Sunberth, follow the Dagger-inked thugs. They frequent that place. They keep on them a coin, one a person, it's proof of allegiance to Enent. Can't get in without one. Even then, not sure you'd want to. Not unless you have business with him." Thomous wasn't smiling anymore, taking his mug in his hands and drained the thing without so much as taking a pause to breathe. "Got nothin' to say about the girl, Sadin. Sorry." And with that, Thomous moved away, avoided all eye-contact and everything with Wystern, as if he wasn't even there. Thomous was no more of a help to Wystern.

When Wystern found himself ready to leave, he would find two semi-familiar faces waiting across the street. The crowds had picked up with farmers and merchants wandering around, yet even then the Syliran Knight would find two comrades, a long way from home they were. Harriger and Tasha, two people that had been little more than introduced to Wystern before they left for Sunberth. Finally, they have arrived. For Syliras-born, they were fairly inconspicuous, still, they couldn't convince a Sunberther they weren't foreign just yet. Luckily for them, everyone was too busy with life to give two shykes about their presence.

Appearances of Harriger and Tasha :
Harriger
24 Years old
6' 1'' tall
Lightly muscular, thin, athletic
Light Brown hair, lightly haired face from travel.
Brown eyes and not a scar or sign of battle damage in sight.
Dressed in Boiled Leather armor with a chainmail shirt over it and a new cloak over it all. Typical longsword at his side.

Tasha
17 Years old
5' 8'' Tall
Thin, naturally beautiful
Long dirty blond hair
Scar on the left cheek. Very young for a Knight.
Dressed in pieces of leather armor and a solitary steel plate over her right shoulder. Typical longsword at her side.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous