Look What The Tide Washed In... (E'adrix)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Sitkanis on April 5th, 2011, 4:14 am

The lap of the water scared Sitkanis. He had just made it safely out of the sea's grasp and yet it seemed a life hung in the balance if he did not return. It was at this point when he wished for his daytime height. Maybe then it would not have been so difficult to face the waves. If he could stand firm above them then there was a lesser chance of him getting pulled under. He could not swim. He had never learned to, even in his past life. Leth was watching though and Sitkanis could not tell if that would be enough to push him to risk his life to save the girl's.

He stood idle at the shoreline as the girl disapeared below the waves. For a moment he considered letting her drown. She could return home to the Ukalas then. That was it. If he died saving her, he would return there as well. It seemed like a good idea although Sitkanis could not will himself into the water. "Leth, give me courage to help her." He stepped forward, feeling the waves wash over his bare feet. The water chilled him to his core. It seemed like liquid death waiting to pull him under and rob him of the air.

Another step forward. His muscles felt tense and stiff against the wake. His eyes darted between where the girl had slipped under the water and Leth watching him from the night sky. He pushed himself for a few more steps and then more after that until he felt his legs crash against the girl's body. He reached underneath the water's surface and lifted the girl, although he faltered a bit do to the wetness of their bodies. He had her now. Now it was time to return to shore.

Looking back, Sitkanis felt his heart drop. For a person who was not so scared of the water the length would have seemed simple and effortless to cross. He felt frozen with fear though. One wrong step and he would fall over, taking the girl along with him. He walked slowly, the waves crashing against his body. It did not help that he was still not used to being six feet shorter. That alone was messing with his balance on land. He looked down at the girl. He felt a pang of regret as he looked down on her. He was not sure what she was but he felt as though some how what was happening to him might have been happening to her. "I'll get us to shore..." It was hard for him to say what he wanted to say next. "And... I'm sorry." He struggled through the waves, falling to his knees every few steps. The shore was getting closer. "We are almost there." He was not sure if the girl was even listening. The waves were growing in size and in a flash of white he found himself underwater. "Please Leth, I am sorry that I hurt her. I was scared. If you cannot get me back to shore a least help her back to land."
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on April 5th, 2011, 4:28 pm

XP Award!

Sitkanis
XP Award: Swimming +2; Intimidation +3; Interrogation +3
Lore: Ethaefal Despair

Additional Notes:
Sorry I punked out, but I’m still a little leery of taking over other people’s characters. You may assume that Sitkanis made it to shore with the corpse, whether by a god’s grace or his own strength. If you would like Sitkanis to be questioned for her death by the Denvali authorities, we can do a retro post for that, but it’s up to you.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous