[Aleath's Scrapbook] Enter at you own risk

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Aleath on April 6th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Today I'm feeling kind of hyperactive or something so I decided to make my own scrapbook to get some of the energy out. It is quite weird because I had classes all day and I spent last two hours working on an English vocabulary list with my peer group at school, which is rather brain damaging work.

It goes basically like this: we have a vocabulary list for each unit in our textbooks. We have an English word for which we have to find a synonym in our language and then think up a sentence that contains given word or expression. The translation was easy but sometimes we just couldn't think of the sentences. Some of the ideas were hilarious, that we just couldn't continue for several minutes and we were just laughing.

For example the word "extension". The ideas were something like this: The extension was busy because everyone wanted to speak with.... and a pause. We started arguing about who everyone wanted to speak with. It's silly, really, but we wanted to came up with something original. Finally, after about five minutes of debating, we settled on unoriginal "him". :D

Back to my original idea, I will post my (sometimes serious, crazy, funny, sad, happy,...) thoughts I sometimes have. You can post here whatever you like - pictures, quotes, videos etc. :)

Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening/night!
Last edited by Aleath on April 17th, 2011, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Character sheet Scrapbook
Aleath
Player

Words: 37223
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 2:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 7th, 2011, 8:17 am

A little about me

I realized (little late) that maybe I should say a little about myself, so I correct it now. Here is a small questionnaire for all of you reading this.

Name: Veronika
Nationality: Czecho Slovak (mum is Czech and dad is Slovak), little bit German and Hungarian (grandparents) and even a very little Canadian (I have some very distant relatives in Canada though I've never seen them)
Occupation: student (English language and literature & World History)
Likes: reading, writing, English, piano, flute, fun, friends, dogs, cats, blue and black colour, fantasy, sci-fi,
Dislikes: sweets, spiders, snakes, pink colour, nagging people, prejudices, BIG parties with too many people

Surprise! :
My darling Jessie :) Image
Last edited by Aleath on April 15th, 2011, 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Abashai on April 7th, 2011, 11:15 am

Veronika, cute fluffy dog! Glad to see you back! :)
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aleath on April 8th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Thank you, Mike. Nobody would guess that she is 11 years old, eh? :)

Anyway, today I came across this video and I thought you might like it. It's incredible. I wish I could do that...

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Abashai on April 8th, 2011, 3:15 pm

Awesome video Veronika! There is no reason you can't do those tricks....with a little practice, and a helmet!!
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aleath on April 11th, 2011, 9:44 am

*dancing* A date! A date! I'm going to have a date!!! Practically very first serious date in my life! Happy, happy, happy!!!

I met him a year ago through internet. First I didn't trust it, but we kept e-mailing, exchanged photos and next week we are going to meet for the first time :) I told him straight away about my disabilty and he immediately said that he didn't care! Usually guys back away when I tell them. I don't know why. I don't bite, do I? :D We have lot in common and we even have birthday on the same date, except he is a year older than me.

Of course I will be careful. We only chatted through internet so I don't know what is he like in reality. I hope that I won't be disappointed, but I know it could happen. I still hope I won't be.

Btw: Glad you liked the video, Mike. Well, I would certanly want to try this, but I would have to do it without my parents knowing. They have seen what this guy is doing and said that they were going to kill me if I tried something like this :D

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 14th, 2011, 8:25 am

I'm going to post a video that amused me, but at the same time I wonder how can someone have the audacity to do it especially in a place like this. The video is here. Brilliant way to represent our country, really... Now the whole world will think that we are all like him.

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 16th, 2011, 10:54 am

Lots of people have been asking me about my condition recently. Like how it happened or something like that, so I thought I could write something here.

Well I have an illness called Spina Bifida. It's a developmental disease. You can find out more here. Fortunately I don't have most of the problems which are listed on the website. I'm just paralyzed so I can't walk and I have fragile bones in the legs so when I was little I often had them broken.

The only really bad thing about it is that I can't travel abroad. I would have to have somebody with me to help me with some problems which I have. But knowing my mum, she would insist on going with me and well...she can't just leave it here and go away.

When I was in secondary school among healthy children I used to be sooo angry about the school trips to which I couldn't go. Now I am angry too, because I would love to go to visit the UK, which is the nearest English speaking country to my coutry. But somebody very clever told me that I don't need to go there to know the language well, so I am not obsessed about it like I was before :D

As I mentioned earlier, I attended secondary school for healthy children. Before I went to a special school for disabled children. It was great experience, because we had the opportunity to learn several things. They offered several extracurricular activities, so my parents enrolled me to English and Music club. I was 4 back then and I didn't like it and I thought it was boring, but I am very grateful for that now.

Also they had some contacts with a French school for disabled children and every second year they chose a group of children, who could go there. I was there. Once. That is my only experience of being away from home. This is also how I learned French, but it was very difficult for me. In my opinion, English is much easier than French and now I know only basics. When I have to, I understand other people and I can say what I want or need, but that's all.

Well I'll stop here, because I could go on for ages :D Feel free to ask anything about it. I don't mind at all. Quite the opposite. It's nice to know that people are interested :)

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 20th, 2011, 4:34 pm

Just a little apology to those who are waiting for me to reply to a thread: Sorry, but I'm super busy this week, so I don't have much time to write something decent, so please have patience with me. Thanks :)

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 25th, 2011, 5:44 pm

I went away to a village where is my family's cottage on Friday and came back a while ago. We have quite a big family and there are many little children (Well, three. But that's only if you don't count their friends...). Me and my sister, who is 17, usually look after them. It's really funny sometimes.

The greatest quote from my 7 year old cousin is: We went for a walk and the sky was emo. :D (Not sure how it sounds in English, but in Czech it's funny. We don't usually say that sky is emo.)

Also we went by boat across the lake. Last time I went by boat was 10 years ago, so it was great :) Funny was how we were sitting on a bench in front of the boat and me and my sister were arguing whether we should or shouldn't go. We didn't know if the boat was going to come back again. Our parents would kill us if we called them that we are on the other side and we can't get back :D

Fortunately everything went well and I even got into the boat with my electric wheelchair which I have to use only there, because there are very steep hills and as if on purpose our house is on top.

Last big event was some Easter traditions. We painted some eggs with the children of course and me and my sister got whipped by boys. I'm not sure if you know the following tradition, but me and my sister do it here. It is not very well known tradition here but we do it for fun.

Usually the girls get whipped until 12:00 and then we (girls) go out and pour water on boys. Today we had three big bottles and each child carried one little bottle. I was almost sorry for the guys we met. They ended up totaly drenched :D

It was fun, but I am glad to be back. Thanks everyone who read through all of this and I hope you had wonderful Easter!

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Next