[All Things Wild] Correspondences - 511 AV (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Haeli on April 7th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Like all things in Lhavit, the mail was delivered regularly. Sometimes it came via giant birds, other times it came from dedicated elk riders that ran the length and breath of Mizahar taking letters to and from port cities and across vast mountain ranges. Cities funded the carriers, hoping to aid in trade and stimulate their economies. They normally didn't stick to the main roads, but instead had their own secret pathways and passes, moving mail from one edge of the world to another.

Haeli was no different than anyone else who liked to write. She loved the world and knew it was vast outside of Lhavit. Odds are she'd never visit some of the places she'd longed to see, but that didn't mean she didn't answer any and all mail that came her way - even if it was a stray letter or two that wasn't even addressed to her. The carriers had started dropping non-addressed letters by her place just to give them a destination when they'd discovered she could make them drinks in tea form that could keep them awake longer and give them more energy for the trips they made between cities. And it amused them somehow that she'd often write to strangers or send out letters just asking about exotic places and inviting others to write to her about Lhavit or the swamps as well. It was her way to make friends, in far off lands, even though she might never see them. And sometimes she'd tuck packs of tea or herbs into her letters, sending gifts along the way to entice people to write back.

Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Regardless, it was thrilling to get a new missive or read some stranger's hand-written word.

OOC: This is a thread for letters and other correspondences for All Things Wild in Lhavit. Please timestamp your letters and make sure you note how they were sent when you post them. Haeli will write back to anyone but you must give her a link to respond too. This thread is open to anyone who wants to long-distance rp via letters.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Lesserage on April 8th, 2011, 2:03 am

It was somewhere around midday, during early spring, when the letter arrived. It was borne to the city of Lhavit by a messenger-bird; the letter was later unfurled from the outstretched leg of the feathery courier, and then sent off by a runner to be delivered to the address stated. The letter reached the establishment itself after a short delay, being discarded by the runner onto the front porch. The address markings mentioned the letter was sent from the wintry city of Avanthal. When opened, the letter obliged Haeli with a lengthy message written in a neat scrawl reminiscent of ancient runes:

1st Spring, 511 AV

Moressai, Vesserina Haeli!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lesserage Skyglow. I am a merchant and carver hailing from the eternal city of winter - you may have heard of it - Avanthal! During one of my return trips, I stopped by a mailing outpost in the outskirts of Avanthal and picked up a free-response letter from Lhavit. I must say, we Vantha are quite susceptible to a good story, and this letter promised one! I was intrigued enough that I now write to you in good faith and eagerly seek a response. What wares is it you deal in, Vesserina? I know little of Lhavit, and am quite hungry for knowledge!

Some of us Vantha have this image in our heads of Kalea being a vast expanse of desert where the only civilized things around are talking wererabbits who eat snakes. I have, of course, heard of places like Wind Reach, but having never seen an Inarta in person, nor one of their fabled feathery friends, I put little credence in the tales of incredible marksmen and glassmakers. I must also ask - how is it that you can survive with no snow? No cold, even? It seems ridiculous! To not have ice in near supply to melt into drinking water? To not have ice to carve? To not have snow for the children to play around with? I cannot comprehend the thought!

Nonetheless, I eagerly await your response! Please send all return letters to the following address:

Avanthal, Taldera; Skyglow Hold, 67 Veltin St.

Sincerely,
Lesserage Skyglow
Last edited by Lesserage on April 8th, 2011, 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Look closely into every man's eyes. There, you will find a dream."
"Within every woman's eyes, lies an ambition."
"And in each child's eyes is an aspiration."
"Even within a beast, lies instinct."
"And within us all...

... Is a story."
Lesserage
Player

Words: 15190
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2011, 11:54 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Haeli on April 8th, 2011, 7:41 am

Lesserage Skyglow - 1st of Spring

Haeli was quite surprised when the messenger bird put in an appearance. A letter? She was fairly excited to receive one from some place so far away, so exotic. When she'd first settled in Lhavit, she'd sent out a handful via other traders, hoping to get some random folks in far off lands to write with. When the mesenger appeared, she carefully took the letter, gave the messenger coin, then sat down at her desk to read the letter and write a response.

Her eyes scanned the page. She laughed in delight that someone who reportedly lived in a world filled with snow would find it so incredible that someone else lived in one without it. Haeli hadn't even seen snow before she moved to Lhavit. Snow was something mysterious that had never even came up in conversation before her move. Truth be told she hadn't known it existed.

Snow was cold miserable stuff that would more likely kill you than aid you in anything. Some folks loved it - made snowballs and frolicked like children, even in their advancing years. Some despised it and retreated behind closed doors. Haeli hadn't quite decided if she liked it or not. If she found some use for it, that would be a different story. But for now it remained suspect - something she'd rather do without.

She sounded out Lesserage's name a few times, then sat down to write him a letter. She'd send it back to him the same way, hoping he'd get it. Into the letter, she'd tuck a fine powder of willow bark and tell him it was for headaches.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)