[SS Tavern]Supply and Demand (Robert)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Sulavik on April 2nd, 2011, 10:01 am

Petching vagik. The Drykas boy, not a man, probably never even had sex before, thought it okay to make a snarky remark. It was a PETCHING EAGLE. An eagle. Who the petch brings an eagle to a bar in Ravok? Birds weren't pets, anyway. Birds were annoying chirpy animals who just wanted to be given some of your dinner. Scavengers, the lot of them. "Mate," scoffed Sulavik. "I'm an Akalak. I can kill anything." The Drykas boy turned to ignore him, which irritated him slightly. But he could live with that.

Sulavik ignored Makil's growing irritation at the way he was acting as he dealt with the barmaid, gaining beer and a smoke. He couldn't tell Makil why he was acting this way. He couldn't even tell the barmaid why he was acting this way. Hell, he could hardly tell himself why he was acting this way. The thing, whatever it was, with Solat was petching over, done, ended. It shouldn't still be affecting him. He was an Akalak. He was upright, honourable, disciplined. He should not be sitting in a seedy tavern in Ravok chucking down glass after glass of ale.

But he was. And it petching sucked.

Even after Sulavik had lit up the smoke, for a lack of something to do, and leaned over to the boy, the Drykas still ignored him. On one level Sulavik was slightly proud. The boy was very steadfastly ignoring a seven foot three blue man chilling in Ravok, acting drunk and aggressive. He wasn't all that drunk, but it was certainly fun to act so - and being aggressive could be even more fun. But it was petching irritating. Sulavik was being rude to the boy for a reason. He was bored. He needed to get his mind off of the sparkling blue-green eyes of Solat. The boy looked far too calm and relaxed sitting there with his pipe.

Standing up, Sulavik went over - pipe still in mouth- and sat in the Drykas' lap. The pain would have been great - the weight of a muscular tall Akalak on a young man's thighs was not to be underestimated. Playing up the 'gay' factor, something Sulavik did when he was utterly bemoaning his fate, he leaned in and wrapped an arm around the boy's neck, placing a big sloppy kiss on his cheek.

Sulavik, I petching swear, if you don't give up this act RIGHT NOW, I will take control. I'm just as frustrated as you are. You never know what might petching happen if I'm in control. It'll just be less of an embarrassment for the pair of us.

Petch you, you petching shyke. Just because you're the 'dark soul', the 'unbalanced one', or whatever shyke Uncle called it, doesn't mean you're the only one allowed to be a little fucked up in the head.

Grinning slightly manically at the boy, he puffed in the pipe overly dramatically - managing not to cough this time - and drew in breath as though about to make a giant speech. "Oh, honeybun!" he cried loudly, drawing several stares and suspicious glances. "Oh sweetheart! Oh love of mine! How can you ignore me so? Did last night mean nothing to you?!"
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Karc on April 3rd, 2011, 5:11 am

One minute hes sitting there his eyes closed, gently puffing on his pipe, and next thing he knows theres a 7 foot blue giant sitting on his lap.

Aero squawked and backed away from the giant as he plopped himself down on the birds master, but as the giant sat on Karcs lap his eyes popped open, and and he let out grunt-yelp, his eyes bulging at the sudden pain, he rocketed forward, the pipe shooting out of his O shaped mouth, and flying past the big mans ear, landing on the floor, spilling its contents and snuffing it out.

Before Karc could react further, the giant lent down and placed a large sloppy kiss on his cheek. Bewildered and confused Karc, just sat dumb folded, he noticed some people starring and he blushed from head to toe.

Suddenly the Akalak puffed on his pipe then started acting dramatic and talked out loud "Oh, honeybun! Oh sweetheart! Oh love of mine! How can you ignore me so? Did last night mean nothing to you?!"

For a moment Karc's expression went blank then he burst out "Eh!?! Wha!?! Who!?! Eh!?!" followed by a string of curses, he attempted to get away from the man, but the man was to strong and heavy, Karc saw only one option, he brought his legs back and pushed against the table; pushing himself, the chair, and the giant backwards in a tangle of arms and legs, the chair being destroyed in the process. They rolled over each other, Karc quickly scampered away, his face showing disgust, bewilderment, and confusion, getting up and spinning around his fist clenched"What the petch!?!"
Last edited by Karc on April 5th, 2011, 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Words: 22641
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2011, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on April 4th, 2011, 7:45 am

Cassandra returned with two pitchers full of ale, one in each hand, instead of the usual round wooden tray she carried, bumping the door open with her hip before stepping out. She arrived just in time to witness perhaps the strangest sight she ever would see in her line of work: the apparently drunk Akalak stood up and approached the patron he had been antagonizing earlier, the foreigner with the large bird perched on one of the chairs. Without warning, he plopped himself down, all seven feet of his muscled frame, on the other man's lap and planted him a wet one. He seemed to have said something as well but the barmaid could not hear over the ensuing peals of laughter from the men sitting at the tables near her.

By the Goddess, it's really one of those nights, she lamented.

She rushed over, hoping to contain the tempers that were sure to flare from among those involved. Perhaps the blue giant had too much to drink, in which case, the best option was to give him some more until he passed out into a stupor. Or she could ask Robert to boot the man out of the establishment - a tactic only good as a last resort as it never earned the tavern any money and usually cost them as well if the Akalak decided to be stubborn and take offense at being asked to leave and take it out on the bouncer. That would most certainly result in a few broken crockery and chairs if - when - they brawled. The offended man, the foreigner, had to be pacified as well. Perhaps a meal and a drink on the house?

He, the foreigner with the pet eagle, was standing when Cassandra arrived at their side, having just pushed off the Akalak from his lap. His fist were clenched as he spat curses at the blue giant. The situation seemed about to get violent very soon. With her best soothing voice, Cassandra tried to intervene, though she passed Robert a glance for support as she did so.

"Sirs, let's calm down! There's no need to get worked up over a little, ah, enthusiasm."

She turned to the human, smiling apologetically.

"I'm sorry about this, sir. I'm sure our blue friend just had a little too much to drink and was, aha...ahem, excuse me...was just looking for a little companionship. We will of course compensate you for the, um, inconvenience this little incident may have caused."

Cassandra cleared her throat, somewhat embarrassed at her lapse, before turning to the Akalak.

"As for you sir, please return to your table and refrain from disturbing the other patrons. I've brought more ale to satisfy your thirst."

Her tone remained sweet and accommodating, but there was a firmness in it as well. She hoped that was enough to satisfy both parties and no blows need to be exchanged between them.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Robert Cithon on April 5th, 2011, 4:27 am

Robert had went back to minding his own business. Avoiding eye contact with the glazy eyed patrons. And the sharp eye thieves among them, they were searching for victims. Robert knew the streets, and how they operated. He was one of ruffians who hounded the Ravok’s streets from time to time himself. Though he decided it best to avoid starting any trouble, he would resolve any if he had to though.

A disturbance was growing to his left side though. He could no longer ignore the giant blue man. He was getting well out of hand. His voice continued to shout in a foreign language, obscene things surely. Robert exhaled heavily, “guess it is time to work.” He took his sweet time in standing though. Not looking forward to the confrontation that was inevitable.

Once he was on his feet completely he realized he may be to late. The Akalak was sitting in another mans lap, and had panted a sloppy kiss on his cheek. “What in the hell” He said loudly. Robert took a few steps toward the scene, he had to qualm this situation. For the sake of the Drykas at least. He would no doubt have foul words to tell the owners of the place.

He had quickly coered half the distance between his original seat over looking the canals to the scene of uproar. The Drykas man seemed to have enough of the situation n before Robert could intervene. He pushed his own chair backward in an attempt to escape. It was successful though amusing to watch the tangle of body parts pull themselves from each other.

Cassandra arrived on site before Robert though. She was attempting to calm the men involved down herself. If things went bad, Robert had to be sure to keep her a safe distance away. Robert stepped in line beside her. His figure making her slender body seem smaller. He was usually an imposing man. Though today was different, he was staring straight [i]up[/]at a seven foot tall giant.

“You heard the lady. You need to calm down, or leave.”

He decided to keep it simple. Give them two choices, whichever they decided would determine how the night ended. If he sat down and kept drinking, that was wonderful. More money in the Silver Sliver’s coffers. And a few less bruises for everyone. If he refused to sit, Robert would force him out. Which would likely end with a few broken bones, bruises, perhaps a stabbing if the man was packing. Everything was chance.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sulavik on April 9th, 2011, 8:11 am

Sulavik sat with a grin on his face, his strong arms wrapped around the boy's neck, Makil's anger and irritation rising in the back of his head. Sulavik didn't pay any attention to Makil. He was merely an amusing factor at this point. Everything seemed utterly amusing to him at the moment, and he grinned happily, still puffing at his pipe as the boy swore his head off. The boy was frustrated - good! Now it was not just him!

A surprised yelp made it's way from his mouth asthe Drykas boy THREW them both back. It was unexpected, but rather fun to go flying through the air like that. Fortunately, Sul managed to hold onto his pipe, and scrambled to his feet, even as the Drykas boy scampered away. He grinned at the boy, taking another puff. This was fun. "Awwww, don't worry hun," he purred, still grinning, a laugh threatening to bubble up past his lips. "People should know of our love!" With a giggle, he lunged forward, trying to chase after the Drykas, planning a merry little chase around the Tavern. The drug was beginning to affect him, though he did not realise it, as he began to taste the slightly smokey flavour of the smoke on his tongue.

The drug was affecting Makil in a different way. Though he could not yet take power, he was increasingly worried, and had been calling out to Sulavik as he chased the young boy around. Sulavik, you petching idiot. People could be watching! Remember Kelon? Brigil? Telir? They were here watching, and then the Ceruleans got you! IT COULD HAPPEN AGAIN! Makil's paranoia went unnoticed, as Sulavik was gleefully focused on catching the boy.

Sulavik was halted by the pretty barmaid. She had nice hair. He pouted at her a little, playfully, grinning at her. "But, love... our love deserves to be known!" He happily disregarded her until she offered him beer once again.

Wait. Why is she offering you beer? Why does she keep offering you beer?

All of a sudden, Makil was in control, giving no sign of the change except his demeanor suddenly changed, his body now tense and suspicious. He glared at the woman, and slowly accepted the beer, but did not drink from it. He took a sniff - and then threw it on the ground. "What is in this beer, woman? Why do you keep wanting to give me beer?" Makil hissed at her, walking close to her, far far far too close for personal comfort. He towered over her. To sooth his suddenly frayed nerves, he took another puff of the pipe. "What the petch do you people want from me? I am not to be manipulated!"

Makil whipped his head around, eyes jumping between the three potential threats now - the woman, the boy, and now the bouncer. He addressed him. How dare he? Makil left the woman and walked straight up to the bouncer. "I will not leave, fool," spat Makil. "I want to know what the petch you have done to me. Why do you keep giving me BEER? What do you know of my UNCLE? I did NOTHING." His breathing went wild for a moment, his eyes crazed, then he realised - he had revealed far too much. There was no other way to handle this now.

Suddenly, Makil threw out a punch, fist aiming straight for the bouncer's face.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Postby Karc on April 9th, 2011, 11:51 am

"Awwww, don't worry hun," the Akalak purred, still grinning, a laugh threatening to bubble up past his lips. "People should know of our love!" With a giggle, he lunged forward. Cursing Karc stumbled back, and almost sumbled into a barmaid.

"Sirs, let's calm down! There's no need to get worked up over a little, ah, enthusiasm."

The Akalak pouted stopped by the barmaid "But, love... our love deserves to be known!"

The barmaid that had served him before, had rushed over two beers in hand, the bouncer soon joined her. She turned to the Karc, giving him a smile with a apologetic tint.

"I'm sorry about this, sir. I'm sure our blue friend just had a little too much to drink and was, aha...ahem, excuse me...was just looking for a little companionship. We will of course compensate you for the, um, inconvenience this little incident may have caused."

Karc glanced at her and closed his eyes, calming himself, she then turned to the Akalak. Aero then took this moment to reach Karc, and sat on the young mans shoulder.

"As for you sir, please return to your table and refrain from disturbing the other patrons. I've brought more ale to satisfy your thirst."

The Bouncer reaffirmed it "You heard the lady."

Once Karc had calmed down he nodded to the woman and the man, "I-I am sorry, I should have not lost my temper, I am just not accustom to this sort of...thing. As for compensation, payment for my drinks and such should do." he paused and put his arm behind his head, a hesitant and awkward smile crossing his face, giving a forced laugh "Heh, The world made sense this morning."

His eyes narrowed. I'm going to have to get use to this.((This is a thought))

All of a sudden the Akalak's demeanor changed, he wen't tense and his face became suspicious. He glared at the woman, and slowly accepted the beer, but did not drink from it. The Akalak took a sniff - and then threw it on the ground. "What is in this beer, woman? Why do you keep wanting to give me beer?"

The Akalak hissed at her, walking close to her. Karc stepped up next to the woman his brow in a hard line, his demounor from befor of awkward, goofy, and angry lad. Now a determined, but calm young man. The Akalak towered over her and Karc. The Akalak puffed from his pipe "What the petch do you people want from me? I am not to be manipulated!"

The Aklak glanced at all of them, finally settling on the bouncer, he walked towards the man. "I will not leave, fool," spat the Akalak "I want to know what the petch you have done to me. Why do you keep giving me BEER? What do you know of my UNCLE? I did NOTHING." Pausing for a moment, he just braced himself and threw a punch towards the mans face.

Suddenly, Makil threw out a punch, fist aiming straight for the bouncer's face.

Karc, glanced between them, he had a split second to think, should he attempt to help the bouncer or go for the attack and head for the Akalak.

He decided. Karc tensed then lunged forward in a spearhead towards the mans legs hopefully to knock the man over with his shoulders or arms. Aero squawked and started to dart in and rake at the mans eyes and ears, then dart away before the man could hurt him.
Last edited by Karc on April 9th, 2011, 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on April 9th, 2011, 11:36 pm

Cassandra thought she had pacified the Akalak with the offer of more ale. She was relieved in fact, when he took one of the pitchers full of the beverage, and even released a breath she did not realize she was holding. But the blue giant's mood seemed to suddenly change, switching from the ridiculous drunken act to a gruff and very much hostile disposition. He threw the pitcher to the ground, wasting a good amount of ale, before stalking forward and glaring at the panicking barmaid as he towered over her. It was all Cassandra could do not to run back screaming into the tavern.

"You-you did ask for-for more, sir," she stammered, trying not to break into tears under the man's unrelenting and uncompromising stare. "I s-simply thought I'd b-bring in a pitcher...in case... in case..."

She did not get to finish as the Akalak suddenly whirled about, screaming at Robert this time. And then one of his fists came flying up and Cassandra knew the time for words were long past. With a small shriek of panic, she ducked away and moved to the periphery of the crowd, clutching the remaining pitcher close to her chest to prevent it from being jarred from her grasp as she kept away from the brawl that was sure to ensue. She had enough experience from previous fights to know that staying too close to the participants would only get her involved in the violence.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Robert Cithon on April 10th, 2011, 8:16 pm

Robert watched the giant of a man. He was tall, having at least a foot or more of height over Robert. If violence did occur, Robert would likely end up being the loser. He was hurriedly searching over the blue beast, trying to determine the best route of attack would be. If he run in throwing punches, the mans extended reach would put Robert on his back in no time. It was a difficult situation to manage.

Then right under Robert’s nose, the blue man changed. Nothing physically happened, but you would have to be a fool to mistake that. He went from a rather rambunctious drunk, a typical disorderly customer. Into a violent image of himself. The look in his eyes, the way he now presented himself all but confirmed it. Something happened inside his head perhaps? Either way, it was a turn in the wrong direction for Robert.

It was expected when he turned and threw a punch out toward Robert’s face. He was quick, but it was a typical move. Robert easily duck back out of the way, allowing the miss to occur. When he focused back on the Akalak, the other figure had joined in the fun. He had lunged forward disrupting the punch, possibly the reason why Robert had avoided it also? In an instant Robert regained his composure, he leaped into the air. Barreling down toward the Akalak. He hoped his own sheer weight would topple the tall man, evening the odds slightly.
Robert Cithon
Every Scar Is A Lesson Learned

Words: 84413
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2011, 5:31 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sulavik on April 11th, 2011, 10:36 am

It was slightly surreal. Makil could feel Sulavik giggling in the back of his head, manically. Makil himself was tense and frayed up. His fist was moving through air, almost in slow motion, towards the bouncer. The barmaid was nervous and nearly in tears watching the proceedings. How had he got here? How had his life in Ravok descended to this point?

Then the unthinkable happened. The shorter, lither boy, the Drykas, tackled him, aiming for the legs. He began to topple, and it was possible he could have avoided it if he had been able to wrench his legs away from the boys arms, and kick him in the face, but he began to fall backwards, his punch having thrown him off balance. It never reached the intended audience of the bouncer's nose. It probably did not help that he had been smoking God-knows-what and drinking. As he began to topple, to fall over, he stretched out an arm in the attempt to grab a table and cling onto it, avoiding the smack down to the floor.

He would have managed it, too, if the bouncer had not jumped on top of him, causing the three men, the barmaid crying in the background and Sulavik laughing in his head, to collapse on the floor in a heap of sweaty limbs and hard stomach planes. Sulavik cried out in his mind FUN! but Makil did not have time to deal with it. He needed to think of a way out of it, with two human males ontop of him, pinning him to the floor.

His mind was racing, sure that once again, they would give him to the Ceruleans. His eyes jumped quickly to any and all dark corners in the tavern - he could not see any. It did not mean they weren't there. They could be under the bar, waiting until Makil was subdued to the point where they would drag him back home to Father. He could not let that happen. Solat had managed it once. These two would not manage it now.

With a roar, an utterly guttural roar, animalistic in its rage, he pushed himself up off the floor, pushing up the two men off his back at the same time. He bolted upright, quickly, so that he were on his knees, and shot each hand out, both heading for the necks of the two men - one hand for the neck of the bouncer, and one for the Drykas. There was no guarantee they would reach their target. He had not realised just how open the position was. Sulavik was no help - he was laughing too hard. Makil was too focused on strangling these men before they could take him back to Riverfall. He did not even pause to think that they could just as easily attack him back.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Character sheet

Postby Karc on April 11th, 2011, 11:15 am

As the momentem sent him forawrd he pushed, the giant over useing the help of the bouncer. Pinning down the man, Karc blinked and before he could even react the Akalak raored, and pushed Karc off him, spinng around on his knee's his hand shot towards Karcs neck.

Karc attempted to get away, but wasn't fast enough, the mans hand closeing around his throat. His eyes widened, seeing he could not reach the man with his arms, he dug in his fingers into the fleshy, parts of the arm attempting to cause more pain than the Akalak could handle. With the other leg he shot his other leg towards the Akalaks groin.
Last edited by Karc on April 11th, 2011, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Character sheet

PreviousNext