What Lurks Beneath The Skin [Asim]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Raiha on June 13th, 2010, 9:59 pm

When he lurched but otherwise stayed in place, Kanikra sighed inwardly, and cursed the Kelvic for staying put. I told you he was smarter than you give him credit for, Raiha was glad to see that the bear hadn't taken the bait. Kanikra would be forced to move, rather than using the bear's charge against him, it would be up to her to do it. Raiha could feel her twin thinking, calculating, considering. And just as suddenly, Kanikra changed tactics, pressing one palm to her temple and shaking her head slightly, her knuckles going white as she gripped the handle of her suvai, the whalebone blade shaking. Her knees folded inwards and she hit the wooden floor of the room that they shared, and Kanikra released the suvai, pressing her other palm to her head, her fingers digging into her white hair. She had to make this convincing, after all.

"Goddess... I'm sorry," she whispered, eyes squeezed shut. "I'm sorry. I didn't..." She shook her head violently, as if to clear it, clenching her teeth, grinding them as she stayed there on her knees, rocking back and forth. "Sorry. She got out," Kanikra gingerly picked up her suvai, only to put it back in the sheath, and trying without much success to get to her feet. She wobbled a little, and Diallo snuffled at her before leaning his considerable bulk against her side to help her up. She'd see what that would do. And then she would think again.
The first rule of Akajia is you do not talk about Akajia.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Words: 492991
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Asim on March 2nd, 2011, 2:34 pm

Asim stared at her, his eyes still narrowed. With a slight snort, the bear shifted back into human form. After he did, he leaned down to pull the blueskin to her feet, his hands placed to keep her arms at her sides. "Tell me more about her, Raiha, and how I can tell if she takes over, so I don't get stabbed in my sleep," growled the Kelvic, as he pointed her towards her bed. Something was still wrong, but he didn't know what, and he didn't want to be near her longer then he had too.

Watching her, the Kelvic made his way to his bed, reaching for his pack to pull out an apple he had kept in there. He sat down on his bunk, and took a bite out of the apple, his eyes focused on the blueskin he was protecting.
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Words: 22947
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Raiha on March 15th, 2011, 2:55 am

Kanikra wobbled to the hammock, deliberately staggering a bit, as Diallo followed her along. The Akontak sank into the rope webbing that made her bed. Uzima, finishing on the mouse, looked back and forth, confused by these going-ons. The massive deerstalker lowered himself beside her as she scratched behind his ears, working her thumbs around the bases. She could take her time, pretending to recover. She knew better than to milk it for this to be properly deceiving. Instead, she rubbed at her face until the skin around her eyes was purple from the friction and the crocodile tears. Do you really think he’s going to fall for this? Raiha pestered Kanikra. Really?

Oh, but he will. I just have to play this out right… Kanikra took a deep breath. “She’s insane,” she told Asim in a quiet voice. “Deranged. Uncontrollable. Violent. She comes out when I can’t keep her in any more.” She stroked Diallo’s head. It didn’t matter that Kanikra’s brand of violence was quite the opposite of what she was telling him now. It was better that he thought of her as some stupid lunatic than one cunning enough to tell him these persuasively and convincingly. “It’s not often. But it does happen from time to time.” Her gold eyes searched his face, trying to keep the tremble from her hands as she released the dog’s head and folded them in her lap as Diallo sighed, sensing his scratches were over for now, and lowered himself onto his belly around her feet.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Asim on March 29th, 2011, 3:00 am

The Kelvic stared at her, still chewing his apple. "Sounds interesting. Anything other then that that I can use to make sure she doesn't stab me in my sleep?" asked the bear, around a full mouth of apple. It wasn't hard to tell what he was saying, though, because most of the apple had been swallowed by the time he was finished.

Glancing around, the Kelvic watched Diallo, who seemed content to lay at Raiha's feet, so the Kelvic relaxed, still chewing at his apple as he leaned back on his bunk. He closed his eyes for a minute, and thought over what he had just been told. Long years of being paranoid and watching his own back told him something was wrong here, but now what.
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Character sheet

Postby Raiha on April 16th, 2011, 11:27 pm

"No," the Akontak said quietly, looking up. "There isn't. There's just your ability to defend yourself from her." She looked back down at the dog, who raised his head and craned his neck, eying her before pressing his nose to her face and settling back down again. "You've already proved you're capable of that. She didn't like that... not at all, so that put her back on her heels a bit, I think." Despite the people that were above them, despite the horse in the box stall and the goshawk and dog, and despite Asim, the blue-skinned young woman looked isolated, alone in that moment. She straightened up in the hammock, releasing Diallo's ears and fur and sighed, reaching for her backpack to find some of her own rations. She pulled out some cheese and a bun. That would do the trick, at least, for now.

As she put her pack back down and straightened up, she looked across the room at Asim, focusing on her Auristics and looking at him in such a way it gave him the impression that she was looking through him. That wasn't anything unusual, surely - she had done that before. She noted the way his Djed changed as he consumed the apple - she remembered that from Raiha's studies in Mura with regards to Djed and how it worked, after all, and Djed never truly disappeared... it just went elsewhere. Asim's eating the apple meant he was consuming the apple's Djed, which changed his own as he added to it. Interesting. But she searched his aura, trying to discern how well she was doing at persuading him. That didn't work so well - she thought she felt suspicion from the Kelvic, but feelings were not straight forward for her to pick up and attune herself to, even on one so direct as him when he wasn't certain just how he felt at the moment - so it was harder on her to try to pinpoint some facet of his disposition. Still, this was edifying. It was a start. The seeds had been planted... now she would just have to wait to reap what she sowed.

She blinked, closing off the arcana once again, shaking her head slightly as if to clear it, still holding the bread and the cheese. But Raiha was pushing at her, and Kanikra liked just how she had worked her twin into the corner. Anything that she said now would make it Raiha was either lying, insane, or reveal their hand too much. If she denied what Kanikra had just said... this might just rattle the Kelvic even more, enough for him to start the trip back up to Sylira rather than stay with someone insane and unstable. Kanikra pushed Raiha back out, and her fingernails dug into the cheese as Raiha was once again in charge. "I'm sorry," the Akontak broke off a piece of the wedge of cheese and chewed on it, passing a large piece of it to the dog at her feet. She'd see about getting some fish from the sailors, too, if only because it might remind her a bit of home. It wouldn't do completely, but it would be a start. "Have you lived your whole life by yourself?"
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Asim on April 24th, 2011, 11:33 am

The Kelvic stared at Kanikra/Raiha for a minute, his head tilted to one side as he did. There are too many secrets here, thought the Kelvic as he leaned back on his bunk. He didn't like bunks, but a fully grown bear sleeping in the middle of the floor, where a man had entered the room the night before, was not something the captain would like. So he kept to the bunk.

When Raiha pulled out the cheese, he lifted an eyebrow, but didn't say anything, instead listening as she apologized, and then questioned him.

"Have you lived your whole life by yourself?"

Asim looked at Raiha and smiled grimly. "Ever since I could hunt for myself. So, most of my life, yeah. Just stayed out, hunting, not getting shot at. It was nice. Until I got shot," replied the Kelvic as he scratched at the bandages still wrapped around him.
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Character sheet

Postby Raiha on May 17th, 2011, 2:46 am

Raiha continued to pick at the cheese. "Are you sure you've never been to Konti Isle?" She nibbled on another piece, swallowing it before she continued, smiling faintly from her hammock, "Because they used similar guilt trips all the time." She didn't know how often she was supposed to apologize for his getting shot when it hadn't been her fault in the first place that he -had- gotten shot. Diallo nosed her hand, eying the remaining chunk of cheese.

The Akontak finished the cheese between her and the dog before pulling on her gauntlet and letting out a low whistle. Uzima's head jerked up at the call, and she turned on the straw before flapping her wings and returning to her falconer, landing on her glove as Raiha settled down in the hammock once more. Some quiet time for all of them was definitely in order.

OOCIf you have no objections, I'm going to submit this one for grading. :)
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on October 8th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Character: Raiha
Experience: Auristics +1, Rhetoric +5, Intimidation +4
Lore:. Fighting Inner Demons, Lying to Asim. Being helpless to Kani. Kani’s scorn.

Character: Asim
Experience: Observation +1, Intimidation +4, Rhetoric +3
Lore:. Sensing his bondmate’s distress. Knowing two people inhabit one body. Being deceived and not knowing it. Learning the difference between Raiha and Kani.

Additional Note: First off I had to highlight all of Asim’s text. Its an impossible color to read. I hope you can find it in your heart later to use lighter text or more contrasting color to the background. Otherwise good thread. I thought what Kani was doing to Asim was brilliant. Poor bear. Nice read!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous