From One Business Man to Another (Quest Participants Only)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Karc on April 26th, 2011, 3:37 am

As Karc closed the door he saw the man standing behind it, he simply raised an eyebrow as the man flew past him. Karc started to follow but stopped, as he saw the man take down the man called "Syndre". Syndre sprung back up, they both stood crouched in a ready position.

Karc seized up the situation. If they where going to kill them they would have done so before now, and it looked like in this situation even Karc and Syndre together would be no match for the other man. And who knows what skills the fat man had.

"That was just so you don't think twice about any stupid moves. Just keep this formal and friendly, and everything will be alright. After all, this is just a business deal... but from what I have seen out of the two of you, I wouldn't go into such a meeting without some protection of my own." The fat man had spoke suddenly, diverting all attention to him Karc nodded and relaxed. Syndre growled something to the man that he faced. "Yes, formal and friendly. Who says we can't be civilized about this?"

"If you want to talk... keep your petching dog at bay..." The man named Syndre seemed to be quite put off, as would anyone that had been taken down without so much as a warning.

"Yes it would be best if we all just calm down and speak clearly."

The fat man turned to Syndre, "Syndre, you are trying to promote some sort of drug in my tavern. Threatening one of my better barmaids, getting her to distribute it... tell me a little more about this drug of yours."

"If you're looking for a cut of the profit... you can kiss my pale arse..."

Karc's eyes widened slightly, then narrowed to the point of slits. What was just said revealed much. One, that the man owned the Silver Silver. Two, that Syndre was a criminal of sorts, distributed drugs, and threatened people to get his way. Karc's eyes closed remembering his time spent in the Silver silver this past week. That barmaid had been giving out, pipes to people, as far as he could tell she must be the one that was being spoken of.

The fat man then turned to him, "And Karc... you happened to stumble upon my Webbing. It is a safety measure, you see. I like to keep an eye on my employees. However, I don't like people knowing that I have such a skill. You, being alive and well, and containing such information... well, it isn't a good thing." Karc's stood deathly still tense as a tightly wound spring, but he then relaxed when he relized that is the man wanted him dead he would be dead already, and the next words confirmed his thoughts."...However. I believe I recently saw your name listed for hire. As a mercenary, correct? Perhaps we could discuss... a deal."

Karc relaxed and walked towards the bench, he stopped and leaned against one of the beams propped agianst the wall. "Your word's are generous, I believe that I'm nothing more than a street thug at the moment. Now, as to a deal..." He paused. "...Well, if you where to hire my services I would keep my mouth shut, because what is the point of biting the hand that feeds you?"

Syndre then spoke "If you're looking to make a business deal... I want everything on the table... no more games unless you're ready to play as well..."

"Yes, it would be best if you could show us all the cards...and all the players." A smile graced his lips, a strange glint in his eye.
Last edited by Karc on May 18th, 2011, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Words: 22641
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2011, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Seth on May 2nd, 2011, 5:00 pm

"Don't get mouthy with me, boy." The words rung out, sharp and slicing, the fat man hopping off of his perch and aiming a single meaty finger at Syndre. "While you may worship the shadows, and while you may have a minor amount of actual skill... you are no Champion, and you are certainly no threat to half the people in this city... and that includes slaves. You are just a little tadpole, flailing around in a big pond. You will shut the hell up and learn some respect, or I carve respect into your skin." The henchman kept quiet through the entire ordeal, even as Syndre threatened him. He just crouched there, cool eyes flickering back and forth from either opponent, ready for any sudden moves they might make. A flash of silver would draw sudden eyes, and Syndre might really be the only one who realized what it was the hung around the rogue's neck.

A Holy Symbol of Akajia.

The fat man clasped his hands behind his back, chuckling a bit at Syndre's notion that he wanted some of the profit. "Silly boy. I have no use for your minor drug trade. I just enjoy having assets. You and the mercenary here, you could be assets." The man stretched a bit, his fat rolling, his muscles popping. "Have you heard the recent rumors? A group that is trying to free slaves, a group that is moving to fight against Rhysol? They are freeing slaves left and right, apparently. How do you think this bodes for business?" The question was really a rhetorical one. Anyone that lived in Ravok knew that a group who made a stand against the Black Sun and the Ebonstryfe... that group wouldn't last long. What did this one really have that they thought made them special?

Whoever this fat man was, he didn't seem to think they had anything. He was nearly laughing at the very mention of them. "They are fools, but apparently, so is the City Guard. They have been floundering about trying to keep them contained, and it isn't working. Rhysol hasn't directed his hand to make a move yet, as he is obviously enjoying the show. But, while he enjoys the show... I lose more and more profits... and I don't like that. Not one bit." The man began to pace back and forth slowly, clasping his hands behind his back. "But, I am a businessman, like I have said. I don't really want to invest a large amount of resources into this, nor do I really want any of my well-known henchmen to be connected. Best to be as far away from conflict as possible, you see? That is where you two come in. I would like us to have our own personal stake in this. Something big is going to happen, and when it does happen..."

The man paused, and looked up, his eyes glinting greedily. "...I want to make sure the Nitrozian is there. With your street skills, and your skills in Webbing..." The man glanced back and forth between Syndre and Karc, gracing them each with a smile. "...we can get even more intimate with the current information, and find the perfect time to intervene ourselves with this war. And it is a war. It is just rumors now, but it will reach a climax, eventually. I can taste it."

"What do you say? With this, you will be allowed to continue selling drugs in my building with a bit of my aid... and with this, you will be able to get more jobs within the Nitrozian. This is just a test job." Once again, he looked from Syndre to Karc, that polite smile still on his features.
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Syndre on May 4th, 2011, 1:21 am

The glint of silver indeed caught the rogue's attention and the
shape of the trinket was shaped much like the one hidden beneath his black
silken shirt. The majority of citizens that resided within the floating city
dared not worship another deity other than Rhysol, for fear that the God of
Chaos would bring strife into their precious lives. Syndre was one of the few
that crossed this dangerous line, as his parents had years ago before their
untimely deaths at the hands of the Ebonstryfe. His unwavering devotion to
Akajia was an ever present risk that he was more than willing to embrace, and it
would seem as if he had found another that shared his passion for the Mistress
of the Night. Ironic that two of the same faith had to meet in such an unpleasant
manner, with Syndre vowing vengeance for his humiliation.

Training his cobalt maelstroms upon the robust man once more, the
novice scoundrel glared at him in obvious discontent. He had been in plenty of
sticky situations, but never before had he been dragged thru the mud as he was
now. Instead of making the encounter any worse than it already was, Syndre chose
to quiet his retorts and threats as the large figure announced his annoyance with
one of Ravok's lowly vermin. Being put in his place would definitely scar his
oversized ego for some time to come, but Syndre would not forget how he had been
treated, and he would not forgive. Deciding it was in his best interest to play
nice through the rest of the meeting, the Ravokian lowlife kept silent while the
hefty member of the Nitrozian family played his hand. What was this man really
expecting from him, to play soldier in an upcoming war?

"So let me get this right... in return for my service, you will allow
me to continue selling in the Silver Sliver... with a bit or your assistance...
and the possibility of future work within the Nitrozian family?...,
" he
finally asked after taking a brief moment to consider the obese man's offer. The
reward for his assistance, whatever the vague services actually were, sounded
interesting to the small time drug dealer. But was it enough for such a risky
endeavor? Being involved in a war between rival factions surely would mean putting
his life on the line at some point, even if his only purpose was to keep his
eyes and hears open on the streets. Perhaps he could get a little more out of this
than just the Nitrozian's help with his struggling business.

"Your offer sounds enticing to say the least... but if you want me to
risk my well being in a war that otherwise doesn't involve the likes of me...
maybe you should add a cherry on top...," the thief smiled beneath the thin
cloth mask that concealed his facial expressions. He allowed a short pause to
let the idea resonate in the thick man's thoughts. What he wanted on top of what
was already offered didn't seem like much, especially to a member of a predominant
family of Ravok. "You happen to have such a cherry working in your Tavern...,"
he added with the arc of his eyebrow slowly lifting upon his exposed forehead.
The man knew of whom he spoke of, for he had mentioned Syndre's harassment of
the barmaid earlier in their conversation. The masked rogue didn't even know
the details of the mission he was about to embark on, but if this little tidbit
was added to what was already offered, there would be no more hesitation in doing
the fat man's bidding.

Awaiting a response to his increased proposal, Syndre tilted his head
slightly to the side to sneak a peak at the other two occupying the unfinished
structure. His adversary, a fellow believer in his secretive Goddess, stood
in the center of the room under construction, ready to pounce if any wrong moves
were made. The mercenary he had encountered in the alley outside the building
had snuck up closer to the bar and was now leaning against one of the thick
wooden beams. How this man and his "webbing" fit into the Nitrozian's plans,
Syndre did not know. The use of magic was something the rogue kept his distance
from, for nothing good ever came from such mystical manifestations. He had heard
too many stories of how magic users suffered ill fates, by their own doing or by
those that rejected their existence. The thought of working along side Karc left
a creeping unease within his abdomen.
Syndre
Vermin of Ravok

Words: 128551
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Karc on May 12th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Karc furrowed his brow, listening to both men speak. Once they where finished he said slowly, "Sir, I think you might be over estimating my skills. As I have said I am not, the most skilled individual. And my skills in Webbing are quite small, not enough I do not think to be able to do what you wish." He glanced over the man,"But if you wish me to use that skill, you could teach me more, to be used for you. As you will probably have to train me, I will take that training as the "cherry on top", if you would."

He then turned to the Syndre "So Syndre,(he said tasted the word on his tongue) I believe that I might, have had a run in with you drug," He said with a queer look on his face "Didn't actually use the drug for long, but it seems that luck is with me these days-" He glanced at the fat man and his cronie "-though it has an odd way of showing itself."

He then turned towards the fat man again. "Erm also, would this be the only business for us or would you like to hire our services for other ventures? I my know a few people that could help a... business like this."He paused taking a deep breathe plunged right in "I would also be very interested in...joining this business for a more... permanent stay."

OOCWhat im trying to do in the last paragraph is to One, try and get some other people (that are interested in the organised crime thing) involved. And Two, Im trying to lead on that Karc and maybe Syndre could join this mans...business on a more regular basis. Because im guessing he runs some sort of mob/gang or something. And then we could work our way up the ranks, and eventually off him.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Words: 22641
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2011, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Seth on May 23rd, 2011, 8:41 am

"You are trying to haggle? It isn't open for haggling. Either you accept my offer, or you don't. The former involves us working together, and your business actually expanding to something worthwhile. The second option pretty much concludes your little endeavor before it gets started, as I promise you that you will never sell a single bit of your little flower again." The fat man snarled at Syndre, not taking kindly to him trying to barter. "Give you one of my best maids? Not happening. She already belongs to me. If you want her, go ask her to spread her legs. She happily obligizes for everyone else. But as for owning her? That is my prize, and my prize alone."

He bounced back and forth against the bar he was leaning on, grumbling to himself, his flabs of fat bouncing up and down as he moved. He leaned up against it now, and calmly studied Syndre before speaking. "The offer is there. I have a job for you, and if you carry it out, you wil be allowed to work your business in peace. Or you can just decline, and I can make this little business of yours fall on it's face. You need to learn your place, boy."

The man snorted, and turned to Karc. The henchman was quiet the whole time, simply standing where he would. He was still ready to make any kind of movements, if needed.

"As for your request... you will be taught a little, but only enough to supply you with the information needed to complete some specific tasks. It will likely increase your overall skill. And as for your questions about further business ventures... consider this a test run to see if we can actually work together well enough to further our futures together."

Both the fat man and the bodyguard moved at once, coming together to stand in front of Syndre and Karc. The fat man held out a single palm for a shake, smiling calmly at the two men in front of him. "Do we have a deal?"
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous