[Vala's Scrapbook] Life, the Universe and Everything

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Vala on May 18th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash.
~ Jerry Seinfeld

Soooo… my first little ‘tirade’ will be about laundry.

Actually, before I even start that – a little shout out to my awesome Miza buddies Ronin, Dimitri, and Vetala. You guys are awesome and are one of the major reasons that make Miza-ing super amazing for me. You guys deal with a lot of my rants on my daily basis, and I just wanted to acknowledge your (superhuman) efforts. :D

Now Laundry… I’ve never been a fan of laundry. I honestly didn’t learn how to do it on my own until I was 13 – I realize how spoiled I am. Anyway, confession time! I haven’t done my laundry in about a month. I’ve even resorted to wearing my house shirts – which I’ve found out is infinitely stocked. For the past week I’ve looked like I either just woke up, am about to go to bed, or have changed for gym class. And I am the type of girl who has been mistaken for school administration more often than not, because I like to wear button blouses, blazers, and pencil skirts. And for the first time, since I’ve gone through the dreaded thing dubbed puberty, I actually don’t care. Mainly because of the thing earlier on my list about boys – but that’s a bomb I’ll diffuse later.

My laundry need is not made any easier by my ceramics class. I’m pretty sure I only have 2 pairs of pants that aren’t caked with clay. I actually don’t mind them as much since they make me look ‘super artsy’.

Also I have lost near a gajillion sticks of my favorite cherry chapstick to the stupid machines. I try to check my pockets before I put them in, but there’s always that sneaky little corner where the stick canoodles too and avoids my inspection! An I can still see the wax – don’t think you’re very sneaky, you’re red for goodness sake – it’s just that the twisty thing doesn’t work anymore. It’s so frustrating how much of my meager budget is wasted on chapsticks…

To clarify – my laundry is a breeze. Due to some crazy whim that has perpetuated for the past four years, I don’t wear color. Not blue jeans, not pink hats, not purple sweaters, no color what so ever – black, white, gray. My closet is organized to look like one of those gray scale bars. The color I do wear is only for costume purposes – such as my stint as an Indian Dancer (they made me wear periwinkle).

So yes. When my two laundry baskets – black and white (gray goes with black) – are full, I have at most, have to do two loads. So why am I stalling? I do my best to overachieve in everything I do… but laundry? Gah my super weakness. I really don’t mind putting everything away. I like to dance to techno when I’m hanging and folding, but what gets me is the putting into the washer and dryer. My washer and dryer are basically from the Victorian age. They love to destroy my more delicate clothes (of which I have more than is practical) – I have to hand wash those bloody things. Not only are they a pain to work with, they also shake like it was the Valterian all over again. Sometimes, if I put too many clothes in either machine, I actually have to sit on them so they don’t explode.

Wow I cannot believe I was able to ramble that much about laundry of all things….

…I’m sick of being one upped by a bloody washer and dryer. I shall take control! One month of laundry here I come! DX

Here is a moose doing laundry better than me…
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Vala on May 19th, 2011, 12:40 am

So I have my Broadway Pandora Station on, and after about two hours I get Time to Say Goodbye – Sarah Brightman, stuck in my head. Well I’m just walking around, playing with my kitties humming the ridiculously high song and I just had to google what the hell I was humming.

Most of the song is in Italian so I never really paid attention to it – just those four words getting stuck in my head, subconsciously that is. Well I youtube it and get a live rendition from Sarah and I am just blown away. I actually start crying from feeling - I’m not even sure what. It was amazing and cathartic. I listened to it another five times for good measure. There is just something about the power of the human voice that can never cease to bring forth emotions I thought I had stifled so long ago.

I would go off on another little tirade but I already had one today, so I just thought I would just shut up and share this amazing gift (Sarah Brightman) to whoever is reading this silly little Scrapbook.

The lyrics are for a duet – but Sarah just rocks it all in a solo.
Quando sono sola
sogno all'orizzonte
e mancan le parole,
si lo so che non c'è luce
in una stanza quando manca il sole,
se non ci sei tu con me, con me.
Su le finestre
mostra a tutti il mio cuore
che hai accesso,
chiudi dentro me
la luce che
hai incontrato per strada.

Time to say goodbye. -- Con te partirò.
Paesi che non ho mai
veduto e vissuto con te,
adesso sì li vivrò.
Con te partirò
su navi per mari
che, io lo so,
no, no, non esistono più,
it's time to say goodbye. -- con te io li vivrò.

Andrea:
Quando sei lontana
sogno all'orizzonte
e mancan le parole,
e io si lo so
che sei con me, con me,
tu mia luna tu sei qui con me,
mio sole tu sei qui con me,
con me, con me, con me.

Time to say goodbye. -- Con te partirò.
Paesi che non ho mai
veduto e vissuto con te,
adesso sì li vivrò.
Con te partirò
su navi per mari
che, io lo so,

Both:
con te io li rivivrò.
Con te partirò
su navi per mari
che, io lo so,
con te io li rivivrò.
Con te partirò

Io con te.

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vala on May 20th, 2011, 2:39 am

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Douglas Adams

Just going through random sites for a good laugh. Thought I would share a particularly silly video I found.

…I miss my old typewriter… u.u

Also… my prom is tomorrow :disgust:

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vetala on May 26th, 2011, 1:38 am

Female kitten (the runt) caught Monday. Already tamed

Male Kitten just caught Tuesday. Not so tamed just yet.

Together sleeping

Kittens of joy. Names forthcoming. Yes I did catch them and no did not use traps. I was a mighty hunter with my bare hands. The boy got me real bad.
Vetala
As of Sahova

Words: 19326
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2011, 5:46 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Vetala on May 26th, 2011, 1:55 am

Oh reason why they are in here is she wanted me to show her first
Vetala
As of Sahova

Office

Postby Vala on May 26th, 2011, 3:31 am

I WUV THEM SO MUCH VET!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Seeing kitties gives me the warm fuzzies.

I have two cats of my own and I never got to play with them as kitties, of which I am super jealous of you. TREASURE THEM NOW. Also you should probably start teaching them not to go on counters with a spray bottle, now, so they don't start building bad habbits. :disgust:

(You're welcome for helping you find your camera :p )

Aaaaalso I'm really hyped right now because I'm trying to get all the seniors from two schools and surrounding districts (around 1000 students) to all skip school this friday and go to Six Flags. I'm expecting maybe 100 at most but still, that would be so cool! Ah, the power of facebook. Anyway... off to bugger some more people into rsvping.

Aaaaalso. I should probably put up some prom pictures o.O

...I'll get on that now! Sleeping is for chumps :)

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vala on May 26th, 2011, 4:04 am

Junior Prom

There is a story behind almost every picture, well more specifically every picture with my jackass of a date... I shall give quick blurbs and I'll try not to digress into full blown rants (I said I would try.)

Basic Info
Jackass of a Date's Name: Aram
His Grade: 11th
My Grade: 12th
How long I've known him: 3 1/2 years
How long I've thought he was cute: 2 years
How long before we decided to go to prom: A week before ticket sales ended
How long he didn't talk to me after we decided to go: 1 month
How long between ticket sales and prom: 1 month
When I found out he was a jerk: A day after I agreed to go to prom...
Who asked who?: I asked the unchivalrous poop
His Height: 6'+
My Height: 5'2"
His Strength: Too strong for me to fully rage on him with my tiny ninja fists
My Strength: Cut in half by tight dress and heels
My Hair: Spiky yet still quite soft to the touch ;p

Ok... enough passive aggressive text rage PEEKCHURES!!!

Lets start off with something simple... to prevent inciting me into a rage. This is me and my friend Adi! Hiding out in the bathroom from our dates... trying not to have a hissy fit and ruining our make up. Yeah its kinda sad, but feh, proma, wth. Ok just some side notes - this was after 3 hours of dancing (not grinding that's disgusting). My hair and make up is a mess and I'm probably glistening with icky sweat. So yeah, please not so much judgement. Also the wax in my hair has obviously given up...

This is a preprom picture so not too much ick yet. I didn't have a camera so I don't really have that many good close ups of my face, this is the only really good one I could find. I'm a little mixed about this picture because the other girl kinda stole my date and grinded his brains out... leaving me to go hide in the bathroom for 30 minutes. (Hey, what are friends for?)

And here's my date. Isn't he adorable? :disgust: Sure we look super happy (we look happy in every picture) but like in every other picture we were fighting. This was no more than 5 minutes of him coming in late to our preprom, and it actually wasn't our first fight (it was our 3rd). So yeah, barely seconds before he was bitching about me stabbing him with the pin. I don't blame him. I'm pretty sure that was my goal.

Here's a picture right after fight number five. Yup, barely a minute and we've progressed from 2 different fights. I'm pretty sure it was about me having to pay for my own damn corsage... cheap lazy bastard. Buuut it is really pretty :D (if I say so myself). I ended up taking the cumbersome thing off within an hour of dancing... thats $20 down the drain. I should have just picked wildflowers and made a hippie bracelet...

Here is a group shot of just the girls. Again some hate on the girl in purple. Also hate on the girl on my right... how fricking hard is it to pee on your own!?! Why do you need me to walk you down the fucking flight of steps to sit outside and listen to you tinkle!?!?! Ok yeah... sorry. I know its a girl thing, but I'm just not one of those girls. One man wolf pack!

In an attempt to lighten the mood: Awwww, aren't they just so pretty :)

Not much rage on this one. I thought it was a nice shot. All the girls and their dates. I got to sit, and I didn't even have to look at my date's face: double awesome. It was almost as if I got to be a model for just a moment ^.^

Doesn't this look cute? He's holding my hand, leading me to the car? No. 1. his mom is driving -.-. 2. It was drizzling. 3. He had NO umbrella. 4. He wasn't leading me. He was dragging me. 5. His distracted face is him trying not to curse me out any louder than a mutter 6. I'm trying not to turn as red as a tomato in rage, thus the weird asian face.

Eh, even though all thought. I thought it was kinda cute. Hopefully I'll forget all the sidenotes that come with these pictures eventually...

I'll end my prom rant with an awesome photobomb picture! :D

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vetala on May 26th, 2011, 4:21 am

You look very nice and I do love your dress.

Your date on the other hand looks....lets save that for private talks shall we?
Vetala
As of Sahova

Office

Postby Vala on May 28th, 2011, 1:47 am

Every year the senior class of my school organizes a 'Senior cut day'. This event is most definitely not approved by the school board, it's more like - 400+ kids are going to call in sick, what are you going to do about it? And instead of allowing to advancing senioritis to cripple me and leave me bedridden, wasting a perfect day, I foolishly attempt to organize a Six Flags excursion during the regular school hours, focusing of course, on getting all my friends to come. What ends up happening is I get there and only seven friends have decided to spend the ridiculous amount of money it costs to park and actually get in. We also find out that today was some sort of Physics day for some distant school district. There were about ten packed coach busses of kids ranging from middle school to high school roaming the park and congesting lines. But we didn't care cuz we were highschoolers on A mission! A mission to act like total jerk wads while having the time of our lives. :)

We didn't know it, but today happened to be the premier of the Green Lantern roller coaster. And being the overachieving kids we are, we decided to go the park early, expecting no lines and a full day of rides. We actually get there, are one of the first to get on the ride - which was Amaaaazing, and laugh as we passed the 6 hour line on our way out.

We went on a couple more rides, but we were trashed after three hours of waiting in the hot sun (patting myself on the back for using my SPF 85 so I didn’t get too tan), so we decided to get some om noms at the western frontier. The prices were ridiculous! So I hunkered down and mustered my party metabolism. My body can only handle party metabolism every other week or so, so I have to use it sparingly. Party metabolism is basically forgoing all food and replacing any nutrients and thus energy sources my body needs with SODA. My friend bought the unlimited refill soda souvenir cup so I was basically set for the day!

We spent the rest of the day waiting in ridiculous lines for three minutes of pure adrenaline. To stave away the mind numbing boredom and rage at the patrons with a complete disregard for deoderant, we started playing games. The first game was not exactly a game, but more of a bonding thing. Being the R.A personality that I am, I started to make special two minute handshakes with everyone in the group. It took me a loooong time but we managed to get really creative. (+5 Choreography XP).

The other game that we played through out the day was ‘Uno’. I dunno why I decided to call it that, it was just the first thing that popped into my head. Mostly inspired by my Inartan character and my general love of gingers, I encouraged my friends to try and spot as many red heads as they possibly could. The rules were simple. 1. If you spot one, yell Uno. 2. Only natural red heads - the validity of the call will be determined by the rest of the group. It was like where’s Waldo with a friendly competition.

We also played a lot of would you rathers and what would you do ifs. One of my favorites that I make sure to ask everyone at least once is - If you could feel every emotion but only express one facial expression for the rest of your life, what would you choose? And why?

Please answer that! I love hearing really creative ideas and rationals. If I get at least five I might even share my own facial expression of choice (trust me its been honed to perfection over the years)

I also like to ask people - If you were a whale. What kind of Whale would you be?
(I’ve gotten some pretty good ones). We all found it funny when my friend responded Orca as split second reaction (as if he had been thinking about it all the time... XD)

It was the later half of the day when we decided to burn our extra cash at some arcade games that people never usually win... I WON!!! <3 It was one of those ball rolling things into the hole or what not. I had to fight the guy for it (bugger said it wasn’t actually one of the prizes) but I got mah batman cape!

Which brings me to the best part of the entire day...Na Na Na Na Na Na BATMAN!!!

I’m not a super Batman fan… Just a regular one. :)

I remember watching all the old batman movies when I was a kid, then actually getting into some of the Comics when my father found out that I did like the series and he could share his father skillz with his only child, who happened to be a dude in chick form.

Anyhoo, so we’re on our way to Nitro when I see Green Lantern (and this time he’s the original black… and really really smoking hot) aaaand BATMAN! There was a pro photographer hanging about asking us if we wanted pics, but I already burned all my money on prom and actually getting to the park so I wasn’t in the mood to waste anymore so I settled for a photobomb pic (afraid that he would shoo us off) and scuttled away with my friends. Before we got too far, I started getting all ansty, and without another word I ran back. Thankfully they weren’t posing with anyone at the moment so I was able to run all the way up to Batman and ask him for… (jesus I feel like a child) a hug! Verbatim: “[awkward look at Green Lantern standing next to him] I’m a little sweaty but uh… sur-“ Before he could finish I took a running start, and basically glomped him. He was so tall that I was a foot of the ground when my arms were around his neck. He was so surprised and entertained by my enthusiasm that he actually spun me around a little before letting me go. I am pretty sure I was as red as a tomato in excitement. Before I scuttled off without another word I gave the Green Lantern an awesome high five just for pulling off the leotard so well.

No worries dear reader, the Batman adventure did not end there! Unfortunately when my group came back to the photo place Batman had disapered, only to be replaced by Wonder Woman (eh) and Robin (meh). I had a dramatic fit (exaggerated and false) until Robin told me Batman would be coming back. XD.

My friends and I then proceeded to go on a Merry Go Round with six yearolds. Yes, a bunch of legal adults (me in my cape) riding chickens, I have no idea why they had chickens, and horses. This of course ended far too early… earlier than an hour that is. So I forced my friend, aka my ride, to wait the other thirty minutes with me while everyone else left for home.

It was a long and dreary wait but it all paid off in the end! So there we were sitting at a eating booth/ table place, just chilling, waiting, grumbling, waiting, sighing, waiting, playing uno…. When…. Sudenly – BATMAN, the same one from before to, just walking by. Before I know it, I’m screaming “Hey Batman!” I was utterly flabbergasted, almost shocked into incoherent sputtering, when he actually walks over! There I am thinking, wondering if he got taller… And I’m still too shocked to stand up so he just sits next to me. Like I have to scoot over to make room for him as he sits at the end of the bench. Almost as a reflex I start hugging the bejebus out of him, smiling like an utter fool, when my friend takes our picture with her phone camera. I gave him one last squeeze before my friend and I had to run to make an appointment. I wish I could have taken more pictures, but honestly, that one perfect moment was just enough for me.

That has got to be one of my best Six Flags/ Senior memories of all time… Thanks for reading. I had fun sharing! ^.^

Here is the pictorial proof of me and my future hubby!

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ophelia on May 28th, 2011, 4:09 am

Awwwww Nina that's really cute! I was waiting the entire time to read "And then he gave me his number and asked me out for tomorrow night!"
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext