[Flashback] A Collection of Casters (Rayage, Fenrir Agnison)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Reaver on May 27th, 2011, 4:00 pm

[Winter 3, 504av] OOCReaver and Rayage at very old, the human at 21, not too far into your travels... kinda. I'm sorry I'm picky, but I like to do what I can to keep the moderators from telling me 'no.'

It was a strange day today. Maybe it was the dark, maybe it was the small string of failures he'd been running across lately, but it was not a day Reaver could stand to remain within the familiar areas of the city. Reaver found himself not only near the center of the town, but listening to the dark little secrets and rumors laying abound. He stood imitating one of the mercenaries at a nearby gate. It was fortunate for him this hire was fond of napping, as people then got to associate him as an actual guard for whatever building he was near.

He was certainly lucky, for more then that this day. It seams that the merchant talking was distraught. Most of the chat was dull, man from Zeltiva, getting some success, and other such. When the matter of family came to mind, he heard something rather odd. One of his successful cousins was apparently having trouble with his son, and he had just gotten the tale. The man was a good man, but had died. Shortly after that, the brother banished him? A strange tale, but not unheard of. He was... too obsessed with his studies of magic? An interesting person indeed. The kicker, the man heard rumor that the boy in the tale was coming here? He couldn't take that much longer then the news, could he?

Reaver kept this news close, and waited for their conversation to end. As the Zeltiva merchant left, so did Reaver. It wasn't too long before the merchant noticed, and began to move faster. "I'm sorry, I had a question." That got the merchant to stop instead, quite on his guard. "I heard the tale about that nephew of yours coming to Ravok. I would like to meet him, I take it he's arriving soon?" "Why? Wanting to make an 'official' welcome for him?" "I'd hate to anger someone, else, with magic. What kind?" The trader felt a dark chill down his spine, he found this new individual much more frightening then before. "Oh, is that so? I didn't hear the details. If you'd like to look for him, he'll be arriving sometime today later today, actually. I hear he has a red tunic on, with brown for the rest. I'm sure you could find him if you hung around the docks." "Thank you." Reaver made a short bow, and swiftly left for a house he hoped was still there.

Reaver found himself once again at the strange alchemist's house. He took a moment to carefully trod through his memories, and remembered. Reaver knocked twice, paused, and knocked again. He heard a lock shift, and made his way through the hidden door. Once inside the short hallway, he knocked along the inside wall to get the alchemist's attention. "Rayage, my apologies for a sudden request, but I feel I need your assistance today. How is your hypnotism, lately? There seams to be an obsessive mage coming today, and I'd like his full attention. I'm rather fond of the idea of learning more magic."
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rayage on May 28th, 2011, 3:54 pm

The nuit burst into his own laboratory with a quite sullen expression on his face. All that travel time for nothing. All that traveling and he got nothing out of it, no new data to analyze, no new developments, but what frustrated him the most was the lack of no new ideas. He could tell that he was on the verge of a breakthrough in his research, and he only needed just a little bit more time, and resources, to really make his dream come true. He wanted to be the first mage since the Valterrian, to his knowledge, to make homunculi. There was little standing in his way now, and with that knowledge, that mindset only made the situation that worse for him. He needed a big upgrade if he were to complete his research and that was one thing that he KNEW had to happen.

Pacing back and forth he looked down at his rather meager looking alchemy circle that he had been working with for far too long, ”You will no longer do.” he said his eyes coming off from the circle and onto the door from which he came. ”This place will no longer do.” he admitted to himself. He had been here a long time, and with that time he had managed to keep this place a secret. Amazed by how well this place had been kept hidden over the hundreds of years he sighed. If he were to leave now then it would be like leaving home again. He had grown to like it here, even though it was cramped, but he just had the feeling, that oh so nagging feeling that he had to move on.

Change was something that he accepted, and he knew was a part of life. So why did it seem like it would be hard to leave here? ”Gods I’m pathetic”he laughed stopping in the middle of the alchemy circle, and putting a hand up to his face, covering one of his eyes. The hand and the body were obviously on its last limbs. He would need to switch soon. With that knowledge in mind he let his hand drop and hide within the folds of his bright, multicolored cloak. He had bigger and better things to think about than this body. Yes, much more important things.

Suddenly he could hear a rapping on the walls. Someone was here, but who? Turning to the door he prepared himself for who it could possibly be. If it was the guard he would have to be smart about this. Turning so he would face the door that lead to the little hallway that would lead to the streets he waited for the person to make themselves known. A hand behind his back, and the other gripping its wrist he waited patiently before an all too familiar one barged in. Upon seeing him he almost frowned, ”It seems that lock of yours doesn’t work nearly as well as you made it out to be” he tried to joke with him before hearing him out. Ray knew well that the lock was superbly made, but he was just curious to the others reaction, that’s all.

Nodding a little there would be a crack of a smile, ”Oh Reaver, you know you’re always welcome here. No need to apologize” He would say in a tone that would make one believe that he really didn’t mean that, ”But this mage seems interesting enough.” Heck, just the word ‘mage’ sparked the nuits interest, ”I will gladly help you out.” he laughed. Anytime to test his skills in the subtle art of Hypnotism was a chance that he jumped on. He needed a lot more practice in that as well, ”It seems you and I both are fond of learning new magic. Do you have any idea what this newcomer practices?” he asked as he took a couple steps towards the other nuit, ”Please, if we are not in a hurry have a seat.” he gestured to the rather lonely looking chair sitting idly by his desk, which, as always, was covered in papers with letters and numbers and symbols scrawled on them. Most likely formulas and shorthand, but which was which would be hard to tell upon inspection.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Reaver on May 29th, 2011, 3:05 am

”It seems that lock of yours doesn’t work nearly as well as you made it out to be” "It worked just as I intended it." And not too much further into the conversation, he even laughed. Reaver wondered what had changed sense their last visit, but kept his questions to himself. "Do you have any idea what this newcomer practices?" Reaver was quite sure the other would not be fond of the answer. ”Please, if we are not in a hurry have a seat.” Reaver sat down anyway. "I don't know how much time I had, sadly. And as far as what he knows, I don't have any reliable information. His cousin expecting his arrival was ignorant to the issue." Reaver paused, to let the Rayage mull over the bad news.

"However, should he have no useful information in regards to NEW magic, perhaps his current idea on known magic could be new. If worse comes to pass, we could always try to make a use for him. An apprentice, or a learning exorcise." He let the 'good' news settle for a moment, and relayed the rest of the information. "I do know, however, he'll be arriving around the docks, wearing a red tunic, and brown everything else. He's from Zeltiva, which could make him even easier to find in the crowd. I also saw his cousin, so I may have an edge if we meet people with similar attire. How much time would you need to be ready?"
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rayage on May 29th, 2011, 9:38 pm

The nuit watched the other sit down. With a slight nod of approval he waited for his questions to be answered. Though soon enough the slight sense of approval turned to disappointment. Reaver was unsure what kind of magic this new person knew and only came here in a seeming fit of excitement. Passing judgment he frowned, the silence coming in to fill the moments where talk was not present. Now, for a moment at least, they were both left to their own thoughts. Feeling rather accepting today he would let that tiny little detail slide, for now at least. If Reaver was insane enough to drag him away from his all-important work for something that wouldn’t even be promising, or even has the potential to be a disappointment then…

His thoughts were cut off when he started to speak again. Looking at him he allowed a smirk to slip back to his face, “I like how you word things.” He commended him, “And I’m sure we can find some use for him.” Laughing a little at his thoughts he allowed the other to continue. “So, red and brown?” He smirked turning to the door, “I can be ready in about a minute.” He said crossing over the alchemy circle to his desk flipping though some papers before finding one in particular and quickly folding it, making it disappear in the folds of his cloak. Turning back to Reaver, “Ready” He said with a sly smile, motioning to the door as he began towards it. This was going to be a lot of fun.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Reaver on May 30th, 2011, 4:16 am

Reaver almost didn't even look to Rayage as he spoke, not only making his way to the door, but down twords the docks... if off a bit. "Wonderful. If only I could be that prepared. I must stop by my house swiftly, and spend a similar amount of time there. I thought to get you ready first, as your talents are more important then mine today. I wasn't expecting to need my books today. I'm sure you'll come to forgive me, or go on ahead, one of the two." Reaver was making his way to his house, which wasn't terribly far from the docks at all. He was swift of foot, and cared little for the stares of onlookers nearby.

Reaver was focused, but not so much that he couldn't spare a passing thought or two. I wonder if they suspect I murdered someone, and am escaping the scene? Reaver mused how that thought would match, and the expressions of the next couple onlookers appeared to fit. Reaver smiled to himself. They can think what they want, without any good reason to suspect me they have nothing. Reaver reached his house without delay, and raced inside. He only grabbed a few things. Two books from his shelf, and his ink and quill. He set the ink and quill into there respective spots with his medical supplies, and threw the books into a backpack he barely remembered he had.

Grabbing the backpack, he ran out the door as swiftly as he entered. He slammed the door behind him, which set the lock in place to keep the less clever intruders out. He continued his dash to the docks. He sometimes wondered if his stamina also seamed unnatural, even though his body ached from sudden overuse, he didn't care. It's not like he needed to breath, sleep, or otherwise cure it. It would stop paining him in it's own time, none other. He found himself at the docks, and looked for the Zeltivian mage in red. (He also kept an eye out for Rayage, should he not have run the whole way.)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rayage on May 30th, 2011, 6:10 am

Making his way through his lab he quickly found his way to the streets. Oh yes, the streets of Ravok the perfect place to get some more useful information, not like he was much for the city. No, he preferred to spend his time in his lab where something useful could actually be done. It has been a long time since he has been found searching the streets for anyone in particular. No, people in this city didn’t seem as interesting as people from others. He didn’t know why, but there was something about this city.

Stepping out of Reavers way he watched as the other made his way to his house. Yes, he could forgive him for now. Finding it too tedious to follow him, Ray preferred to walk; he decided to make his way to the docks. They were not that far away from his little base of operations, but it was a nice walk away. Having been traveling here and there his knowledge of the city was meager at best though he still knew just enough to find the docks. He simply ignored the looks that he got. Not everyone was used to seeing a decaying body walking down the streets and in rags nonetheless. Not exactly rags, but patches. His clothes were colorful, but age has darkened and strained away the colors. Though if one had a good imagination they could perhaps envision them how they were about four hundred years ago in their prime, but the glory of what was new dulls with the passing of time.

Reaching the docks he stopped to look around. There were plenty of people, yes plenty to say the least. Though there was one person he was looking for, and that was one clad in red and brown. Walking, slowly walking, he treaded his way through the crowds of people looking over them and beyond in an attempt to see the person who Reaver described to him. Calmly he waited, watching, actively looking for red and brown, the key colors.

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)