[Flashback] A trip for medical supplies

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Reaver on February 4th, 2011, 9:02 pm

[Spring 508]

Reaver found himself on the docks this day, somewhere he usually tried to avoid. He was low on gauze, and hoping to find something new. Something caught his attention, and he was distracted by a herbalist's shop. Walking up, he asked: "I'm sorry if I'm a bother, but I'm hoping to learn something new today. What kinds of herbs do you have?"

The shop-keeper's daughter was watching the counter, and reluctant to answer. Running away without a word, she fetched her mother, who didn't look too pleased to see Reaver scaring away her daughter. "What's the idea, here? Why are you here?"

Reaver replied as he did the first time. "I'm sorry if I'm a bother, but I'm hoping to learn something new today. What kinds of herbs do you have?" The shopkeeper wasn't too convinced. "Are you intending to buy something?" Reaver pondered the question. "Maybe, I'm supposed to be picking up gauze, but it would be grand if I didn't need it at all." The shopkeeper eyed Reaver carefully. "What do you mean by that?"

Reaver looked at her, not sure how to convince her he had an honest intent. "I'm studying how to help people who have come into harm's way, why not teach me which herbs can do that? Maybe a bit on how to apply or prepare them... you could help me a lot. I hope to be a decent doctor, after all."

The shopkeeper didn't seam convinced. "More like a coroner, telling how they died. Anyone claiming to be a docter would know what this is..." She holds up an herb Reaver had seen before. Reaver responded with a hint of delight in his voice: "EXACTLY like that herb there, I've seen it used, made to a paste to help a man recover. I know not it's name, but that I would like some of that herb for my supplies. How much is it? How do I prepare it?"

The shopkeeper was finally convinced she didn't know Reaver's intentions. She reluctantly sold it to him, giving him information on how to prepare it. Reaver thanked her: "I'm rather glad you've helped me out, I may learn to save people yet. Maybe I'll come back here for more, should the need arise."

The shopkeeper finally gave in and asked: "Why would you want to be a doctor anyway?" To which, Reaver replied: "Because we can't ALL be evil." And with that line, Reaver made his way along to hopefully find that gauze, but this time with a rare smile on his face. Then again, he had a mask to keep it from scaring people more-so then he already did.

((Now, what to put next... it was implied I needed more posts for more reward... and a longer story can't be too bad.))
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on June 2nd, 2011, 1:09 am

Reaver

• +1 Persuasion

You Question My Logic? :
Well.. unfortunately I could not actually give you any herbalism or medicine xp because you did not actually put what the lady said or taught you, only that she had said it. But you did get a point in something at least.

Lores: n/a

Loot: 1 Herb used in Healing (there isn't an herb list yet so don't have a name)
Expense: 20 Silver Mizas (0.2 GM)

Notes: To bad you couldn't finish this one up. Oh well, keep up the good work!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)