What do you want? (Macka)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Nisana Curare on June 4th, 2011, 4:56 pm

At Macka's question Nisana simply stared at him for a few moments, unsure if he was actually being serious, but when no laughter or mocking grin came she had to assume he was. Giving another soft sigh Nisana shook her head, "Because the Akalak will not let them. That is why they need my help. I can help get them out and somewhere the Akalak cannot get them."

Realizing that what she had told Macka could cause trouble for her if anyone else found out, and not trusting to his intelligence to realize that for himself, Nisana leaned forward and spoke as firmly as she could, "This is very important Macka. You cannot tell anyone what I am doing in Riverfall. Not even a Nakivak. If the Akalak find out what I am doing here they would not be kind, understand?"
"Moz seh krevas dav'ene obris zhevat."

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare
Alt of Alenias, Proud Huntress

Words: 74590
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Macka on June 6th, 2011, 1:11 pm

The Akalak would not let them? Maybe they were kept in cages? Or magic! He bet magic could keep someone from leaving. His face lit up, the pale woman was taking him on an adventure. That nagging sense of incompleteness and boredom was well and truly banished at the thought.

At his master's caution to him, he attempted to adopt a more serious mien, but could not keep a pleased grin off of his face, "I will not speak one word of it to anyone. I promise."

One thought rose to the forefront of his mind, though, "Where do they keep the Nakivak?"
Macka
Player

Words: 7978
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on June 6th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Macka's grin was certainly not very comforting to Nisana, but there was little else she could think of doing to try and keep Macka from causing her any more problems. Hopefully that was enough.

"The Nakivak are kept everywhere throughout the city. They are marked by the fact that they wear a bracelet on their wrist," Nisana instructed as she drew a circle around her injured wrist with her right hand, "The bracelet symbolizes the contract to bear a child. Those who are unwilling have it locked on them from what I understand."

A thought came to her as she spoke of the bracelet. During her trip to purchase hunting supplies she had seen some bracelets for sale in the market. Perhaps purchasing one of those would be beneficial to help in convincing a Nakivak to travel with her...

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on June 8th, 2011, 1:43 pm

If they were kept throughout the city, it must be under guard. Which meant that his master was planning a daring rescue. If it was possible, his grin grew broader at the prospect of what was coming.

Leaning forward intently, he asked, "What should I do when I find one?"
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on June 8th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Nisana still wasn't fond of Macka's grin, but it seemed that the Kelvic was at least eager to help her in her search. Perhaps he would be a little useful even. Not without some good guidance, of course, but Nisana could definitely provide that.

"If you find one that seems unhappy with her situation you should come find me. Maybe talk to them some, but say nothing about a rescue," Nisana's voice was hushed and firm, "I need to make sure they are one we can rescue. Some may not be happy, but would rather stay and take their chances than risk being taken away."

She didn't tell Macka that she also wanted to make sure they were suitable to be a surrogate for Serena, but that was probably something better left unsaid. She'd heard Kelvics were loyal to their Masters, but she would prefer to have some proof before blindly trusting to that.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on June 9th, 2011, 6:49 pm

At his master's answer, Macka sat back, blinking in confusion, "Wouldn't they all be unhappy with their situation?"

He knew that he would not be terribly pleased at being trapped in a cage. He would probably not be happy if magic was keeping him. But maybe he would, it was magic, after all.

Maybe that was it. She wanted him to find women in cages, not magic.
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on June 12th, 2011, 1:29 am

Nisana gave a soft shake of her head at Macka's question, "No, some of them enter into the service to pay off a debt or something else," she gave a small shrug, "It does not matter what reason they are bound. The important thing is that they want out, and that they want it bad enough to risk the trouble caused by leaving."

If she was going to do this she had to make sure it worked right the first time. There would be no second chances, and regardless of whether she succeeded or not she would like not be able to come back to Riverfall afterwards.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on June 15th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Macka's grin faded away into a puzzled frown at his master's answer. If they had gone into service willingly, they would not want to come with him. But he was supposed to find one who would come with him because she was unhappy. This was starting to sound like work...

Still, it was an adventure, and his new master could count on him, "Should I bring them to you? Where will you be? Do you need a place to stay here? I have a great roof."
Macka
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nisana Curare on June 16th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Nisana gave a quick shake of her head at Macka's question, "No, do not bring them to me. Come get me, and take me to them. I stay sometimes at the Kulkukan Inn, or if not there I'm usually in my tent just outside the city. Most days I wander the streets, like when you first saw me," she gave a faint smile to the Kelvic, deciding to play on his pride, "I am sure you will be able to find me."

The pain in her ankle having finally started to decrease Nisana carefully stood back up, "For now, we should continue our search. The sooner we find those we can... rescue, the sooner we can help them."

If nothing else, hopefully this little distraction would keep the Kelvic occupied and away from her for a while, and maybe even give him the chance to find something else more interesting than her. She was starting to doubt she would be so lucky with that second wish though.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Macka on June 20th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Macka's face contorted in confusion. If the Akalak wanted to hold onto their women enough that they would put them in cages, how was he supposed to sneak one out of the city? He abruptly brightened again, this was obviously part of the test. Simply finding the women would be too simple.

And of course he could find her, he took another, deeper breath with his mouth slightly open. He had already memorized her scent. It felt pale in comparison to many of the others in the city, but it would be enough for him to track her down should the need arise.

When his master stood again, he mirrored the movement. With an ease borne of practice, Macka untied his robe, slipped it off, spun it once over his head, and sent it sailing onto the roof of the building they stood adjacent to. With a grin, he replied, "I will bring you the first one I find."

Then, in a scintillating flash of lights, the man was gone, replaced by a tawny furred feline. With a wavering meow, Macka twined himself around his master's uninjured leg, marking her with his scent. He then arched his back expectantly, hoping for a scratch behind the ears, but content with whatever he got.
Macka
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext