ghostly abilities

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

ghostly abilities

Postby Yuki-ona on June 6th, 2011, 12:28 pm

I have just created a ghost character, and was wondering on a couple of abilities and how to use them, so I added them to my skills and put some of the points into them.

The new skills are
Harmful touch: this I was wondering how it would equate and how I could develop it. I wanted it as my main weapon, developing it up to a level where it could be used to freeze limbs with pain, and even death at the right level. Starting off with little skill it could be used to give a quick searing pain that would make the person flinch giving the ghost time to run or make another move.
Phenomena: this is the ghostly going ons around them as they move or haunt, like cold air, smells, sounds ect. My character would use this to manifest flute music that she uses to entertain or enchant depending on the scene. Again this would start off small, but in the end could be used depending on your manifestation to haunt huge areas, if you have the phenomena of chilling spaces it could start off centred around you to a few feet, developing at later stages into huge areas and whole houses.

I hope you can answer my questions or approve what I have done, I couldn't find anything about how to develop or use these as part of the character. Obviously I didn't want to be able to death touch straight away as much as a warrior wouldn't be able to use a killing blow straight away.
"When the blizzard clears, all shall be left pure"

Yuki-ona character sheet
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic10427.html
Yuki-ona
The syreen of the snow

Words: 4466
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 6:54 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

ghostly abilities

Postby Darren on June 6th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Sorry Yuki, that's not how it works. If you would like to develop ghost skills for everyone to use you should run it by HelpDesk first (HD)

Something comparable to the other lovely skills we have in-game (Such as Brawling and unarmed) with a skill description, skill history and corresponding masteries when a character goes through the 1-100 grind.

But again I would ask HD if you can develop this though. I look forward to the development of such a fresh idea.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

ghostly abilities

Postby Yuki-ona on June 6th, 2011, 2:45 pm

How would one do this?
"When the blizzard clears, all shall be left pure"

Yuki-ona character sheet
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic10427.html
Yuki-ona
The syreen of the snow

Words: 4466
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2011, 6:54 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

ghostly abilities

Postby Darren on June 6th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Go to Help Desk. Make a new topic. Ask for permission.

Roleplay> Help desk > New Topic > ask
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

ghostly abilities

Postby Yuki-ona on June 6th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Cheers will do, fingers crossed.