Location [Syliras Location] The Ironworks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Ironworks

Postby Gossamer on August 1st, 2009, 3:29 pm

If someone had to say what one of Syliras' biggest industries were, armor and metalwork would definitely have to The Ironworks and the sheer amount of metal products produced there. Since Ros Vizerian also owns the The Lykolav Iron Mine, one of the largest in Mizahar, it also seems fitting that it was named for his mother who discovered it ages past. Now, fully supplied by its own prime source of iron, the Ironworks is the single largest forge in the region or even neighboring regions (outside of Kalea). The Ironworks was a normal result of the needs of the Syliran Knights, who demand a huge amount of armor, barding, and weaponry to keep at their task of re-establishing civilization in a world gone mad with disaster.

Price List and NPCs

Price List
Due to the sheer volume and amount of armor and weapons the Ironworks makes, listing a price sheet would be excessive. Please refer to The Price List to make your selections and place your orders. Ros might argue coin with you, but it would be loosely based on the price list.

Ros Vizerian
ImageName: Ros Vizerian
Race: Isur
DoB: Fall, 25, 404 AV (110)
PoB: Sultros
Title: Owner, Head Master Smith of the Ironsworks, Owner and Operator of the Lykolav Iron Mine
Skills: Blacksmithing: 83 pts
Weaponsmithing: 82 pts
Metalworking: 78 pts
Warhammer: 35 pts
Gnosis: Izentor 1
Additional Info: Ros is an oddity in Syliras with his deep grey arm lined with silver veins. Isur themselves are unusual outside of Kalea, but in the heart of the Ironworks, Ros fits right in. He's adventuresome in his craftsmanship and tireless in his efforts to improve weaponry. He runs a tight (and enormous) forge, but is fair to his students and apprentices, and gives his customers excellent quality for their hard earned Miza.

Fredrick McGowan
Name: Fredrick McGowan
Race: Human
DoB: 72nd of Winter, 460 AV
PoB: Syliras
Title: Armorer
Skills: Armorer 78, Blacksmithing 69, Weaponsmithing 61, Weapon: Mace, Chained 30
Gnosis: None
Additional Info: Fredrick has a quick sense of humor and a sharp wit, accompanied with a keen business sense and a knack for knowing when to bow out. His family had maintained a long-running armoring business, established not long after Syliras began to truly flesh out as one of the cornerstones of civilization. But when the business passed to Fredrick he spent no more than a few seasons in charge before realizing he was fighting a losing battle against the much larger Ironworks. He took his apprentices and anvils and propositioned Ros for a spot in the huge smithy. Since then, Fredrick has climbed ranks in the Ironworks and spent the last decade leading the armoring section. The armorer has grown quite the reputation for expecting good performance and having zero tolerance for poor results from his apprentices and armorers.

Credits to Baelin Holt

Baldemar Flindt
Name: Baldemar Flindt
DoB: 17/1/472 AV
PoB: Syilra
Title: Expert Blacksmith
Skills: 63 Blacksmithing, 48 Weapon Smithing, 42 Armor Smithing, 57 Weapon: 2 handed War Axe
Gnosis: None
Additional Info: Baldemar was born into a pretty average family and never was never hungry or without decent clothes. His father had worked in the IronWorks before he did, teaching him the skills that Baldemar would need to join his father in the world of blacksmithing, he was then the reason why Baldemar became an apprentice as well.

He is a man of very few words, putting more worth of what one can make then the words they craft, this fact has been learnt by many of his students over the years as they have all come to bear his infamous that is dealt to those who disappoint him while under his instruction. Anyone has been his student for long enough have found him to be a teacher of irreplaceable worth, as he always pushes his students to their limits, laying a critical eye to anything they craft, calling them out on every little mistake within their work. This is not done in spite or anger but to try and push them to their bests while enforcing good habits upon them.

Credits to Tiath Othos

Moderation Note :
Feel free to self moderate! Please note that Isurian steel and Izentored items are restricted.

Location credits to Gossamer
Last edited by Mayhem on November 30th, 2019, 9:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Updated the NPC section and overall layout of this thread
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Re: [Syliras Location] The Ironworks

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 2nd, 2009, 7:47 pm

Summer, 501, Day 1

His cloak warped around his thin form like the clouds warped around the sun blocking its rays from the eyes of the souls of man. His light silver hair flowing behind him reaching to the back of his neck. His amethyst color eyes peering and blinking forming life on his grey white deathly color skin.

His steps were dulled out by the large shop's walls and overall work though out the area. He slowly made his way towards Ros, a man he had known for a bit of time now. Voreasos had been coming here and buying an weapon every few days now and it never came to why he was always buying just one at a time and what he did with them. As long as you paid that object in question never did matter in the end.

"Hello Ros....I am in need of an Gladius."

"hmm well I have a few made but it seems to be a larger weapon then your normal daggers and such."

"That it is."

Ros did not say anything as he grabbed an ornate short sword from an rack of weapons near the wall placing it down for him to see. Vor just smiled as he picked it up, all the weapons here for of great craftsmanship and he knew that his miza would get some of the best of weapons.

"It will be 45 gold miza" Ros said as he saw that Vor enjoyed the weapon.

He just nodded and counted out the gold coins for him as he warped the blade in cloth and gave it to him. He just thanked Ros before leaving once again to come back soon and do it all over again.
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ursus Umosa on August 2nd, 2009, 9:39 pm

Summer, 509, Day 1

The Ironworks doors opened and a large, forbidding man ushered himself into the massive shop. His hands were large and calloused, his eyes emotionless and unblinking. He carried his leather backpack with ease. It rode low on his back and bulged with all the implements a wanderer needed. On top of the pack was a crudely fashioned seat upon which a young child sat and peeked over the man's broad shoulders.

Ursus Umosa carefully took off his pack and sat it on the ground. The child smiled widely at him and held up her arms to be held. He effortlessly scooped her up into his arms and walked to the front counter and shopped for what he was here for.

It took the jingle of his pouch of gold mizas for the shopkeeper to show him what he was really looking for- a katana with a matching wakizashi. Ursus put the young girl down as he tested them out. Impressed, Ursus bought them both. He counted out the 200 gms and he and the child left as silently as they entered.
We've got the power to bring you down
Ursus Umosa
Player

Words: 12054
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2009, 2:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Argis Valkyn Terras on August 18th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Argis had been in town long enough to know that the owner of the Ironworks was an Isure of good renown. Had it not been for him meeting the magesmith and starting their own small shop, Argis would have come to the ironworks for a job when he first came to the city. It worked out for the best because magecraft was a rare and lucrative craft, and he liked the opportunity he had received to learn it.

Here he was two years later and back to square one, Argis was now desperate for work and went to the place that made the most sense. Argis was originally of the Coglias clan and thus is greenish gemlike arm was the first thing that was identifiable on him. For an isur, Argis was a bit taller than the average person of his race standing at nearly five and a half feet tall. His green eyes matched his arm.

Argis walked through the entrance and straight up to the counter. he was not concerned with checking out the items that were made in the ironworks because he trusted that all things had to be of good works since an isur owned the place. He did not smile or hold much of any facial expression.

"I seek the owner of the ironworks. I am a smith of some talent and am in need of steady work. Let him know that Argis Valkyn Terras is here to speak with him when he has a moment. I have nothing to do today, so I can wait as long as he needs me to."
Argis Valkyn Terras
Player

Words: 2287
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 9:59 pm

Postby Gossamer on August 18th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Ros Vizerian wasn't far from hearing range when the strange Isur walked through the doors of the Ironworks. His businesses was booming - it always had been - because the knights needed armor, weapons, and barding always. The knights were the reason Syliras existed and made it so Ros has a really good life here. He moved forward immediately, nodding his thanks to the young apprentice Jariks who was already turning away to go find him.

He offered out his arm - the one that was a deep sapphire blue, and took Argis' green arm in his own, clasping them in greeting like all Isur did. "A Coglias? What are you doing so far from home here in Syliras?" He asked, good naturedly. Roz's gaze was penetrating, open, and filled with good humor. He was serious though, in his businesses, and his work. Either Argis was here for a commission or a job. He sincerely hoped it was a job, for the Ironworks was a bit shorthanded.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Argis Valkyn Terras on August 18th, 2009, 5:30 pm

"I married into the Terras Clan," Argis replied. The Terras clan was the only clan led by women, so when a male married a Terras, he changed his name instead of the female claiming the male clan name.

His reason for being here was a deep one and he debated not sharing. Argis' desire for a job outweighed his isur pride. He had gone far enough from home to care less about what fellow clansmen might have thought of him. All he had left was his work. What remained of his pride was chiseled into every item he made.

"My wife died and my father diowned me for leaving the military to be a smith. I did not feel I had a reason to stay in Isurian any longer. I had the same thoughts that you hold. Knights need equiping, and I wanted to get as far away from our homeland as possible. While here, I met a magecraft master who trained me in the djed. Now all I care about is producing good works. The mage robbed me of most everything I have same some coin. I am in need of a job."
Argis Valkyn Terras
Player

Postby Gossamer on September 9th, 2009, 7:41 pm

Argis

Ros nodded thoughtfully. "That's fairly close to why I am here myself. I followed two of my roaming daughters here to check up on them and Loren Dyres decided to convince me to stay. He made an offer I couldn't refuse and I've been making his weapons ever since that. We could really use the help. There's nothing wrong with Isurian, but I heard some disturbing rumors before I left and want to be as far away from Kalea as possible." Ros nodded. "It is rare another Isur comes here, truthfully. Our people like to stick to themselves, which is understandable. Most have no reason at all to stray away from Kalea." He looked thoughtful. "We have a small series of five apartments behind the Ironworks. I could let you stay in one - three are available so you'd have your pick. Then I'd pay you 8 gold miza a day as long as you give me honest work. If you take a day off, you don't get paid. You can reasonably have a day or two off every eight days. You can pick when, unless we have a rush order. We're back ordered now pretty badly, but with another smith, we'd be caught up in no time. Also, you can get materials at our cost if you want to work on personal equipment, but you must do that at off hours - at night, on holidays - because most of our forges are fired and busy during the peak hours." He looked thoughtful.

"Any more questions? And when can you start?"
He said, smiling slightly. Normally he made apprentices try out, but this was another Isur from a really good clan. He'd have no trouble at all believing he was capable.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fia Eaven on September 14th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Fall, 509, Day 25

It was the heat she liked best, the dry cloud of force and fire that pressed on the skin. She could smell the tang of iron and taste fragile copper as she entered the massive forge. Her grandfather often said the forge was the nearest they'd get to the heart of the world, where all metals and gems were born. As smithies, he opined, they were midwives to the very earth.

The sensations were a catalyst for memory and old feelings. Her palms itched for the rough skin of iron and the comforting heft a belt of tools made round the hips. Her hands twitched open and closed and her calloused fingers rubbed together. She missed being so plainly useful.

Fia waited after articulating her need for a job to a skeptical apprentice. He gaped and wondered at her, but the human's folded hands and expectant look said she was not joking. As Ros was looked for, Fia pulled back her hair and breathed deeply.

It always took convincing, even when she and her grandfather were the only options, Fia had to make a case. The flecks of white and pink scars on her arms and the soot on her skin was never testament enough. Some customers had watched her cool metal before believing a smithy existed behind the smoke and curves of her gender.
Fia Eaven
May She Live Like Some Green Laurel

Words: 74775
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2009, 5:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nickorius on September 20th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Fia Eaven

Busy inspecting an apprentice's most recent creation, Ros just waved off the apprentice who had come to fetch him. After a few minutes, he heard the messenger's story and made his way over to see the prospective new smith. When all he saw was a very lost woman, he turned to ask the apprentice; "Where did he go? You know I don't have time for this."

The apprentice looked up sheepishly, "Sir, that is her." Putting stress on the her.

Ros sighed, "Very well, back to work." The apprentice scurried off as Ros walked up to the woman.

He looked her up and down, sizing up her strength and trying to see a smith somewhere in her. Though he noticed the scars on her arm, they didn't prove much. A confused, look arose on his face. He was at odds with himself. Decided to find out more about her before he made up his mind, he greeted her. "G'd Afternoon. I am Ros Vizerian. I hear you are looking for a position here?"
Nickorius
Harvester of Souls

Words: 13932
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 9:53 pm
Office

Postby Argis Valkyn Terras on September 21st, 2009, 11:13 pm

Eight gold miza a day, a free apartment in the back, and all materials at cost for anything he wanted to make for himself. At first he thought the offer wasn't all that fair, but on further process of the offer, he liked it. The amount he made was not as much an issue for him as the experience he'd gain. In the long run, the experience held all the true value. Plus it would be nice to have another of his kind to talk to every now and again. someone who understood life like he did.

"Very well, I accept the offer. I'll go and take the end apartment and get settled in. Once i'm done, i'll begin working on your back log. We'll have this place caught up in no time."

Argis spoke bluntly. he had no reason to feel any differently about the position or work ahead of him. The metallic arm reached outward to offer a handshake as agreement to the terms. He was excited to get to work thinking of all the great things he would accomplish within these forges. His work was all that remained of his life. He would be the greatest no matter the cost.
Argis Valkyn Terras
Player

Next