help

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

help

Postby Jason Alexander on February 9th, 2010, 3:07 pm

okay so i have a couple question concerning some of the magic skills.

(1) Can you a control(Gesture) for my Reimancy. Like say i control fire, could i snap my finger and the fire appear in my hand? Is ice part of water or water and air?

(2) Can you use Glyphing in summoning and Spiritism? like say im summoning a creature could i add glyph that help bind that creature to my control? or help defend me if it get out of control?

(3) Are the only creatures and world you can summon from in the 5 planets of the lore wiki? or can i create my own?

(4) what is webbing?
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Re: help

Postby Kamalia Timandre on February 9th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Hi! And welcome to Mizahar! Since I'm one of the resident mages, I'll try to answer some of your questions regarding reimancy.

First of all, a gesture is more like an aid for spellcasting. You don't exactly need gestures to cast a spell, but it does help a lot when it comes to concentrating and for additional oomph or accuracy. Just remember though, the more important part is, how are you going to emit res from your body to create fire? Perhaps snapping a finger would work, but I think it would help if you emphasize how you emit res and ignite it while snapping your finger.

Ice is part of air and water reimancy. XD The reimancy page's para-elements section is quite outdated.

As for glyphing and summoning, yes, you can make glyphs around a summoning circle, but it is likely you need another form of magic to "bind" the creature. For example, if your character possesses summoning, reimancy and glyphing at the same time, perhaps he could draw elemental glyphs around a summoning circle, that will trigger once the creature you summoned turns hostile, barbecueing it with fire reimancy!

Mizahar's magic system is amazing, isn't it?
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Cayenne on February 9th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Kammy's right on. :)

But regarding the others...

Yes, those are the summoned familiars available, from the list in the lore.

Webbing is a form of magic that has to do with spreading a 'web' of djed over an area, and (I think) allows you to monitor what goes on in that web, like a spider can. :) Webbing is a work in progress.
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Tarot on February 9th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Hey Jason,

I'm writing up more summoning worlds as time allows. In my vision there will be about a dozen or so worlds that every Summoner can access from the start, and more (typically the most interesting ones) that have to be quested for. It's just that I have a lot of development projects in Mizahar, so this is taking some time. :)

You can't just create a world in roleplay, but you can develop one in the World Development forum if you want. Once approved, it would become canon.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Jason Alexander on February 10th, 2010, 3:13 pm

Okay thanks guys,

Kamalia Timandre- thanks so say my mage snaps his fingers and is concentrating on the heat from the friction to emit the rez into fire (or somthing to that effect) would that work? Also arent the glyph the words of the anicent langauge? So would this work? Say im "drawing" the summoning circle, and i add an outter circle that state in glyphs "when a creature is summoned, i will follow the will of the life-giver" The life-giver being the mage who summoned it because he\she used there blood to give life to the circle? (If not ill work on how ill use it)

Cayenne- Okay so webbing when finished will be the alarm system of mizahar?

Tarot-I understand lol, i was wondering if there were like a list of summonable creatures or if the list is in the lore under commen worlds (isnt there five?) Likecan u summon imps?
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Kamalia Timandre on February 10th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Jason,
Snapping your fingers and concentrating the heat from the friction to emit the res and turn into fire might work. It depends upon your skill level though. Don't expect to make really large flames using your fingertips at a beginner level.

Glyphs are rather personal. As a glypher, I use an incantation ink of sorts, but one can also use blood - though I doubt this really has a lot of implications. Glyphs are likely the written form of Nader-Canoch, or the Ancient Language, but it can also be something personal to the wizard. However, other wizards will likely instinctively know the meaning of the runes you wrote.

As for summoning, you will have a magical leash to drag it around and make it do things for you. It is likely going to rebel if you abuse this leash, though. Do bear in mind not to summon creatures above your level of power for you will not be able to contain them.
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Jason Alexander on February 10th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Kamalia- Thanks i understand now, i think bout the summoning. as for the reimancy what would be a good gestaure? and incantions how do u post those? Because arent they words of the anicent language? do u traslate it in the post?
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Donor (1)