[Flashback - The Rearing Stallion] Squire's Duty (Julian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Dimitri on April 6th, 2011, 4:16 am

"I am Dimitri Chenkov. Let me finish up my work, then we'll head out." He said and quickly began clearing tables. He gathered up plates, glasses, and silverware. He walked back into the kitchen, each hand precariously balancing all the dishes. He began washing them quickly and properly. When he was done he made it back out to the bar. With the exception of the man he was talking to all of the customers eiter moved to the bar or left. He wiped down all the tables and chairs, then flipped the chairs up onto the tables. He then quickly swept the tavern floor. "Ok boss, I'm going to take this man home, he's pretty out of it." The bartender nodded and turned back to his customers. Dimitri went back over to the drunken man, "Lets get you out of here. I'm sure your wife will be happy to see you."

Dimitri made it outside and saw it was dark out. He wondered where the man lived. He checked out the streets, checking for Knights, other drunks, and any other possible dangers. I hope this man's wife isn't a dragon, I don't feel like hearing yelling tonight.
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Julian on April 8th, 2011, 2:00 am

Julian nodded as he absorbed Dimitri's name, without offering his own. The lad was young, and eager to do charitable things for random strangers. So he decided to let him. Julian had been due back home likely hours ago, but he hadn't felt the desire or even seen a reason to do so. If he could live at the bar, he very well might have. Perhaps set up a cot in the corner with a "do not disturb" sign to hang over himself.

There was no way he could make a passable father. It felt very likely that he'd turn out much like Rowan had been - aloof and largely apathetic, too concerned with his own toils to care for another person. Julian could barely find it in himself to sympathize with his over-emotional wife. He felt like he'd made a terrible mistake marrying her and starting down this path. He wasn't meant for this. There was still so much he hadn't done! He had never even traveled outside of Syliras?

But there was no turning back now, was there? Julian would raise a child, and spend sixteen or eighteen years continuing to age and play music... was that really where his life was headed? The entire idea filled him with an overpowering sense of dread. What about sleeping with beautiful women? Or leading adventures in the countryside, or other ridiculous childish notions that hadn't yet been dashed from his hopes? There was still so much more he could be disappointed by. This fatherhood business was a wretched... wrench in all his dreams for the future.

Why did he ever agree to this?

"Yeah, yeah... I'm sure she will be," Julian muttered, irked. He followed Dimitri outside, stumbling as he walked out the door. Nearly falling over, he clapped a hand on Dimitri's shoulder to keep balance. Yes, sure, he'd only had... six, was it? Seven pints of ale. But he'd also been stealing the shots of harder liquor from his other friends. It was jovial and joking at the time. But now he could feel ever drop of that liquor sloshing around in his head. "I live uh... I think it's that way, up the road. You know where the apartments are don't you? 'Course you do."

He laughed to himself briefly. "So you really think I'd be a good father, eh? Reckon I'm on the right track if I keep... uff... keep up like this every night. Good boy learns to miss his father when he isn't home."
Julian
Cellist

Words: 189595
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 12:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1)

Postby Dimitri on April 9th, 2011, 9:43 am

Dimitri smiled at the drunken man. "Sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad. Both with booze and having a father around at all times. Now let's get you to that apartment." He led the way along the alleys and corridors, nodding at Knights as be went. The night sky was beautiful, the air slightly crisp.

As they neared the apartments, Dimitri heard a rustling up ahead. A little girl, with dirty stringy black hair, wearing a stained, ragged dress. She was thin, with large blue eyes. She walked up to the pair and held out her little hand, "Please Mistah's I'm so hungwy." Dimitri looked at the drunk and wondered what he would do, especially since he would be a father soon. Would he shoo her away? Or help her. Dimitri would give her some mizas after Julians reaction. Dimitri dropped to one knew and patted the little girl on the head. "What's your name little one?" He beamed a large smile at her. "Where's your family? Your home?"
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Leviathan on June 22nd, 2011, 4:34 am

Thread Award!
Dimitri

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Interrogation 2 --
Babysitting 1 Taking care of a drunk guy is kinda like child care?

Lore
N/A

Julian

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Interrogation 1 --
Storytelling 1 --
Philosophy 1 --

Lore
N/A
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous