Hang Loose and Unwind (Darren/Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Alvena Celandine on June 17th, 2011, 11:01 pm

16th of Summer, 511 AV

What had at first been small sips gradually turned into daring gulps as Alvena downed another mug of ale. The effects of the alcohol was starting to get to her head, whispering in her ears to get another drink. She had discarded the feeling of reservation she had when she first got there, and motioned for another mug. The bartender looked at her hesitantly for a second, then shrugged and poured her another drink.

It was unlike Alvena to indulge in such activity. She was generally a polite, shy person who believed alcohol only brought out the worst in people. However, she had started to feel a little down in the past few days, which she suspected was because of some form or other of homesickness from Kalinor. She was truly starting to miss the people she had left there, and was wondering if she would ever be able to return there. After all, she felt so far away, and so many things could happen before she had the chance to return.

Needless to say, she was no longer thinking of her longing for her return once she had been about three quarters down her first mug. Her first discovery on this experiment was that she was definitely a lightweight. She could feel the warm, fuzzy sensation creeping up from her stomach. She grabbed the drink the bartender had just poured for her and was just about to drink it when she decided she wanted to get some air. She threw a couple mizas on the bar, took her mug by the handle and slipped past the crowd and through the front door.

Hanging out just outside the bar was comfortable. She wondered whether she should go back inside and strike up a conversation with people, but right now the salty breeze was suiting her quite nicely. She took another gulp of her alcohol-infused drink, grimacing a tad at its sour taste. Her friends back home always accused her of never knowing how to have fun.

ledger3 mugs of ale: -12cm
Last edited by Alvena Celandine on June 18th, 2011, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvena Celandine
Player

Words: 27975
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Darren on June 18th, 2011, 5:13 am

The first day in Denval Darren was been met with a more then a suitable welcome to the fair city. He was slowly getting acquainted with the orderly, yet vibrant city and the slight indications of his culture did much to help him get used to the area. However it still wasn't enough, already he was longing for the snowy expanses that greeted him everyday when he left the hold. He loved the fact that he would wear the same, usual full leather attire everyday without worry. But here. Here in Denval things were very different. It wasn't hot mind you but it was still bothersome. He took off his coat and opted to wear only his longsleeve shirt and vest the other day but he would still feel a slight case of heat stroke if he idled too long in the sun.

Today he was just wearing his leather vest with just a regular linen shirt, he even opened up the vest in hopes of catching a slight breeze that would help him get used to the climate in Denval. He sighed as he reminisced once more about Avanthal. "Party city is great and all... but it's hard getting used to all this humidity" he complained as he fanned himself. It was a long day but at least he was well aquainted with the tavern he was living in. A glass of cold milk and a bit of entertainment before he ended the day? He couldn't ask for more. But he did, as he saw a white haired woman step outside The Stranger's Welcome.

That's odd, I don't remember Eisi having black clothing back at Avanthal... he thought as he approached the her from behind. She usually wore white clothing, he even went ahead and bought some clothes to match her. But now she went ahead and got a black set that matche with his original set of clothes. A visage of a smile touched Darren's features as he was delighted by her little "surprise." The day wouldn't have been complete with just that surprise though as Darren's arms reached around the woman's shoulders. He moved to hug her, tightly. A long day of working and he was able to go back to this? He was more then okay, he was blissful and blessed. "Ohh... How I missed you dear..." he whispered in his native tongue, a combination of soft, melancholy notes that hung over in the air. He burrowed his nose in the woman's hair as he applied a soft kiss to the back of her head. Somewhere during that exchange, he realized something there wasn't right...

oocGetting a job that day, care to move it a day forward? Oh also, are you still joining in the move to Wind Reach?
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alvena Celandine on June 18th, 2011, 3:44 pm

She could hear the crashing of the waves far in the distance, concentrating on the peaceful sound rather than keeping up her awareness level. Her feet shifted often, as though she didn't want to stay in one place for too long. I'm going to go back inside, she thought, staring at the light that emanated from the tavern. Yeah, I'll do that... After I finish drinking this...

Just as Alvena raised the mug once more to her mouth, she suddenly felt someone's hands reach up around her shoulders as a stranger pressed himself against her. Her body instantly tensed up and she dropped her drink, which shattered noisily on the ground. Instinctively, she thrust her elbow backwards and buried it into her offender's stomach and pushed herself away, turning around hastily to see who it was. "What the hell?!!" She naturally shouted in Symenos, too surprised to remember to speak in common. She staggered backwards a little, having lost her balance. It was a new feeling; she had never had a loss of footing on such flat terrain.

oocYep, still lookin' to go to Wind Reach.
I changed the date as well
Alvena Celandine
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Darren on June 18th, 2011, 9:13 pm

The smell that came off her hair wasn't right, this is bad, very bad. As he heard the cup the person he was holding shatter he knew his suspicions were spot on. He froze as he realized the situation he was in. The woman reacted, sending her elbow to his stomach as he took his arms away from her. He hunched over on reflex to the hit as he looked to see who it was, was there another konti in Denval? No. The woman before him looked nothing like a Konti, a somewhat similar color scheme but otherwise very different and possibly very hostile. To top it off the sound of the words she screamed at him told volumes of the differences between the her and the girl she met in Avanthal.

Automatically the apologies flooded in as he realized his mistake. "I'm so sorry I did not know" he immediately as she finished screaming at him. His eyes watched her closely with a deeper blue to reflect the doubt in him, before it instantly flickered back to his normal black. The cause of the sudden shift back as Darren react as the woman staggered back. Whipping his hand forward he would attempt to catch Alvena's hand before moving forward to steady her. "I thought you were someone else" he murmured, breathlessly as he looked down on the Symenestra. But she IS something else he thought.

He blinked out of in confusion as he realized he must have been staring at her. That wouldn't do. This woman was drunk, she needed to be taken care of. Debating on what to do Darren motioned for them to take a seat next to the sidewalk, feeling slightly cautious with her. "I thought you were Konti bride, you look like her from behind" he explained as he took a seat. He watched the woman closely as his a very light shade of blue reflected the curiosity in his eyes. The long elongated, some would say graceful, form would make one think she was a Konti especially with the luscious white hair that went past her shoulders. But then they would notice the red hue her eyes had. Tilting his head to one side in confusion, he shifted his eyes to try and match the color. "Your no Konti. Not Vantha. Not Denvali. What are you?" he asked hesitantly. Now that he thought about it she looked like one of the few things Darren feared, something that he would fight without any remorse.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alvena Celandine on June 19th, 2011, 2:25 pm

Her anger subsided quickly as she took a moment to study the man, his blue eyes looking at her with supposed concern. Her mind couldn't exactly focus on any emotion for very long, and she gladly accepted his outreached hand for support, balancing herself once more. She nodded silently at his apologies, not sure what else to say after her sudden outburst. She followed him without question to the bench, leaning on him slightly as they sat down.

"You thought I was a Konti? That's flattering," she finally spoke, remembering to speak in common this time. "No, no... I'm Symenestra. No worries though, I won't eat ya," She laughed unreservedly at her own joke, her dangerous teeth well revealed in her grin.
Alvena Celandine
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Darren on June 19th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Darren tensed up slightly as Alvena leaned on him. A mixture between worry and suspicion worked his way up his system. That was until she spoke. He didn't quite catch everything she said but it was apparent she meant him no harm. In fact the mood he sensed as they sat on the bench was that of familiarity. It felt as if they have been friends for the longest time and this situation was a routinely meeting that the two had. Mmm... I have been brought up so weird compared to others he smiled as he made positioned himself to make Alvena comfortable.

Leaning back on the house Darren played with Alvena's hair absently as he digested what she said. The teeth surprised him yes, but he was much to tired to even react normally. "Symenestra?" he asked facing forward. He shrugged as he waved the term away. "That's fine." he announced simply as he thought back to what she was. I thought she was a crazed huntress that eats others he mused as a wave of relief washed over his face. But still something was bothering him. He looked at Alvena curiously as if seeing her for the first time. Characteristics like these shouldn't be ignored, he had to ask. "What is Symnestra?"

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alvena Celandine on June 24th, 2011, 11:03 pm

She burst into laughter at hearing his question. After all the reactions she had experienced regarding her race, she had not expected complete ignorance. She was in fits, still giggling when she managed to speak up. "I don't know whether to be grateful or offended," she said, cooling down as she wiped the tears of laughter from her eyes. "Most all of us are from Kalinor, cave city somewhere south of here. Good climbers, and... " she tapped the bench with the tip of her black nail, at a loss for how to explain her race in such a short summary.

"You owe me another drink," she finally said after a quiet moment, pointing at the shattered mug not far from where they were sitting. She grabbed his wrist and got up, hoping to drag him back into the Stranger's Welcome.

oocI hope you'll forgive the ridiculously short replies, I'm at a bit of a writer's block I think :S
Alvena Celandine
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Darren on June 25th, 2011, 1:29 am

She laughed. At his expense. His face drooped as his eyes glazed over the thinly woman next to him. Whatever she said after left him even more confused. Why would she be bothered by that? I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what I am... he thought as he raised a weary eyebrow. He couldn't help to smile along with the charming woman. She didn't seemed to be making fun of him nor did she spurn him. Maybe woman aren't as mean as I thought them out to be he mused as he chuckled along.

"Kalinor? Where is that?" he asked leaning to listen more about the mysterious Symenestra. He looked at the broken cup as she remarked about a drink. "Oh. Sorry again" he stammered as he was pulled inside the inn. If anyone thought he should have refused the strange woman. Just got up and left for his room they should try being in his shoes. Sit where he was sitting and say no to 95 pounds of friendly and homely. Instead he ordered some of the tavern's degitine, the very drink that caused him problems his first day. "And can I get a cup of milk and two diners for us?" he asked as they took their seats.

He laid back trying to figure out what it was to be a Symenestra. Was it the fangs that made one a Symnestra? Perhaps it was the clothing they wore or perhaps that venomous feeling they can instill in others. Maybe, but he couldn't be sure until she told him herself. Taking a small sip from his glass, he never took his eyes off the intriguing figure. "So tell me about yourself stranger. About Kalinor, Symenestra, and you. In turn I will tell about Avanthal, Vantha, and Darren" he smiled as he stared at her curiously.

oocnp also we reach Wind Reach by around the 73rd. And the trek up the mountain takes about four days. But seeing that your part spider you can probabl take a few shortcuts. Just try not getting eaten by the birds in the area ;) Oh, are you gonna stay there for the season or moving later? I travel around alot incase you didn't know.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets