T'was a awkward encounter (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Darian on June 25th, 2011, 10:44 pm

[Castle commons] 40th of Summer

The sun was shining through the sparse cloud cover above him but he paid it no mind except to sigh in disgust when a man bumped into him, or someone otherwise displeased him. Could it be any brighter? he wondered squinting in the broad daylight, and otherwise not enjoying the wave after wave of light that bombarded his sensitive eyes, and he worked his way among the people shuffling from one end to the next in the open air market. The morning had been rather boring for him to his dismay, a meeting with a associate of his not going quite as according to plan, and Cass busy running other errands where he knew not. It left him with nothing really to do besides peddles his time looking around the streets of Sunberth looking for a job or something else to do more productive than walking around aimlessly. Quite possibly he could try his hand at hunting again, but it was dangerous enough as it was to let alone tries it out on his own with no aid or someone to watch his back and he didn't want any supposed enemies to take advantage of him while he was so out of his element. Sadly the people out today looked so very plain, nothing of interest or even slightest hint of a skill that would be useless to exploit, simply wastes of space one and all.

Making a slight turn, he turned down another street that would eventually bring him back to Sunset quarters where he could usually find Cass when the need arose, but he expected this day he would not see any sign of her till the day was very young at the very least, and his eyes roamed the populace meandering about the sides of the streets, paying close attention to the shadows of the alleyways. One could never be too careful after all, even in broad daylight on a beautiful day such as this. There were always those that where more than ready to plant a dagger in your back and rob you blind, and you didn't survive by not keeping yourself wary. The newest street proved just as uneventful, just offering casual chatter and another sea of unimportant faces, and he was beginning to wonder what he was even doing out here. That along with the fact that he saw Cass was in fact not where she would be expected to be turned him backwards, deeper into the center of the city where he would quite possibly find a tavern, and see what he may learn, be it trivial, or useful like work within the city.
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Isaac on June 25th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Isaac was walking through through the streets of Sun Berth,as was one of his usual hobbies, when he bumped into a man of a rather unusual disposition. He was clothed from head to toe in black, even though it was a scorchingly hot day. Somehow, Isaac got a strange sense about him, and his mind entertained him that this could be an opportunity to abandon the mundane and possibly get a chance to adventure. " You wouldn't happen to need a chef to aid you along in your travels would you?"
Isaac
Player

Words: 607
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Postby Darian on June 25th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Darian stared at the man with a sort of cold amusement, and let out a long profound sigh. Why the petch would I need a chef, I plan on staying in Sunberth and didn't plan on leaving it anytime soon he thought, but kept it to himself for now, while he slowly turned to take in the sight of the man, who by all appearance looked so very plain like everyone around him did today. Resting his hand on hilt of his longsword casually, he turned to fully face the man, and cocked his head to the side as if he was curious about something. " I don't plan on traveling so your offer is useless to me " he said coldly, and he looked the man up and down figuring him to be a poor chef anyways. " However, a few miza's from my hand to yours could mean you teach me a thing or two about cooking would it not? " he asked more than eager to get rid of the man, but also knowing that it might be a way to salvage the rest of his day, and actually do something productive with his time. Who knew, perhaps it would make his own cooking taste better and he knew he would appreciate that even more on those nights that he spent out all alone in the wilderness and he could see that this man could use the work.
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes