Past the Vanishing Point (Amireh)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Panna Cotta on April 25th, 2011, 8:05 am

OOCI was away for the Holy Week. I'm sorry for the prolonged absence ;(

"What is it with the female population and their incessant need to mock me with their miserable failures?" Aelobius had his back against Amireh, but he was certainly well aware that she was back. He didn't give her time to speak. "I suppose you now want to demand that you need to be my apprentice after suffering through a lost limb?" He chuckled madly, and those ha ha ha's resonated in Amireh's ears. The haunted feeling was back, like a bucket of Avanthal frost running down her spine. "You would like to be rewarded for surviving, for living, is that it? Huh?" He turned and faced her. Aelobius was much more... decayed this time around, "Or for that matter!" He haughtily raised is voice, "Am I the type to accept someone so poorly skilled! I have seen carpets do better magic than you, Amireh Vistas."

He remembered her, of course he would. She was the only one who managed to live, never mind that it was only under his providence. He made the void that cut her arm after all, and if he didn't shut the hole, Amireh would have been pulled back into oblivion. Of course, the part where Aelobius was, in the first place, responsible for Amireh's journey into the void was another matter entirely.

Was she still sure of her decision? The fear, the hatred, the crazed antics - were they still worth it? How many limbs would she have to lose this time around? Aelobius would let her speak her piece, and while his gaze was nowhere near blasé it wasn't seething with rage anymore. Had he lost his ferocity, Amireh would wonder...

"You know Amireh," and it was actually a surprise that she was addressed by her name. That was certainly an improvement from being called shyke or ugly. "I think it was a mistake to let you live. Maaaybe. Maybe not." He waited for her response, before continuing, "I wish I could locate that thing." He referenced the monster that slashed her arm into strings of bleeding meat. In this case he would like to locate it just to feed the rest of Amireh's body to whatever-it-was. "Unfortunately the one thing that could possibly locate it is now gone." He continued, angrily muttering between his gritting teeth, "It has been... stolen... by. a. stupid. powerless. good for nothing mage who managed to outwit Lector Qiao." He irritably clattered his teeth. What Amireh didn't know was that Aelobius was the one sent after the thief known as Jilitse, who was brave enough to try and steal books from the Great Library and was, for some yet to be twigged reason, successful in doing so. Aelobius fingered the beads wrapped around in his wrist, the same ones that shared intimacy with her throat. "Poor, poor, Amaryllis. Though one would be curious as to what someone like her would want with something that exists within the Void."

Aelobius was now immersed in resentment, nearly forgetting that Amireh was still around. Something about his self-absorption into fury - which was actually kind of relief for the Nuit was at least angry at something else other than the mixed breed human. In way, seeing Aelobius conflicted was also rewarding for Amireh. Like she survived all that in anticipation of this moment. It would take more than courage to carry on a conversation with the Nuit. By this time Amireh know the man's quirks, but whether she knows him well enough so as to not burst his bubbles was, again, another matter entirely.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amireh on April 29th, 2011, 4:20 am

OOCSilly life! Getting in the way of Mizahar! I suppose I'll have to forgive you.

Amireh listened. That was all. She did not speculate, or care, about anything the man said. Her eyes were grey. Was that even possible? So many vibrant colors often infused the Vanthan ancestry with emotion, but the dull, lifeless sense embellished her irises with little more than nothing. Upon seeing Aelobius again her hatred vanished. Like with the void, she funneled it away, she sent the wanton desire for revenge into the back of her mind; instead, she allowed a sense of absolute absence to fill her mind. She knew what that was like. She could feel nothing, had felt nothing. Had he, she wondered. Never the matter. Although she was less than she was upon their first meeting her spirit was a different creature altogether. It was harder. Darker. Aelobius was no longer a tool to her, not an unknown entity, but a point of focus. A means. Fear, rage, hate, all of these were absent in her exchange with the man. She would feel nothing.

"If you wish for me to answer sequentially," Amireh paused, her gaze flickering from his form to the stare he laid upon her. Dull. Painless. "I have no idea. Yes. Yes. And carpets are not nearly so much fun." Her voice was like ice, thin, wavering ice, but ice nevertheless. For some reason or another Aelobius had let her live before. Maybe it was a test, maybe he just wanted to see her suffer, but if she could learn what kept her alive, than maybe she could make this work. And then? Well. Then revenge was only an arms reach away. Her posture remained straight as she continued, the succulent attitude from their prior engagement only manifesting in brief glimpses of personality. "Much to my dismay carpets lack the ability to lose limbs. And learn. Demanding anything from you would do about as much good as asking Yahal to swear. Either you take me as your apprentice, send me back into the void, or I leave you alone for the rest of my human existence and study with another. I think some of your peers might want to keep me around for my body anyway."

He ignored her. To a point. Did he call her by name? When he paused, she took the opportunity to speak, knowing very well that he wanted her to weigh in. More tests? Perhaps it was a mistake to let her live. "Maybe. There's still time to rectify that if you believe it was." So cold. She needed to be cold. To be heavy. If she wasn't than this would all be for naught, than she would very well lose it and end up dead after all. She would hide herself. She would forgo that pride, all of her passion, all of it for what? For Power, maybe. That was what she really wanted. Aelobius was a means. Just a means. And she continued to listen. What was he raving about now? Ah. That forsaken pause. Her next words might be her undoing. Well, what was another arm?

"Perhaps it lingers still. I always imagined I tasted good, Benshiran is a Myrian delicacy I hear." Somehow she garnished courage from Aelobius' confliction. How peculiar. "This thing the Lector lost, if it would locate the creature that maimed me, I would like to fetch it. I do not like things that eat me."
Amireh
Player

Words: 32712
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Panna Cotta on June 1st, 2011, 2:38 am

The grey eyes made her look vacant, nothing but an empty shell. But in actuality, Amireh had tapped into the void inside her soul and was now learning how to become intimate with it. Aelobius recognized that at least, mad smile encroaching his face once again. From depressed to suddenly maniacally happy - it was a mood swing that could only be enjoyed by a schizophrenic. The sharpness in the voice and the darting eyes returned, the mage Nuit gradually filling his mind with its own emptiness. Perhaps the madness assisted him to be hollow and hallowed within.

Aelobius moved his fingers in front of his mouth, gently rubbing his hand in front of his lips, while mumbling something in the ancient tongue. Already, a plan was forming inside his head. “I would only allow you to become my apprentice, if you will be willing to become my wife.” He broke into a sonorous laughter, that the chill in Amireh’s heart was stirred.

Already he was shuffling his fingers against each other, an indication that he had some malevolent devices running around his mind. “But that kind of misses the first point of your return, and you’re nothing but evidence of Amaryllis’ skill as a pretend healer. I trust that she will be greatly disappointed if you come back empty handed. For a moment there I nearly believed she saved your life for the sake of saving it… but, no, I do not think her to be the kind who helps people out of pity.” The madness talked, “No wizard in Sahova ever works that way. Unfortunately for you, you owe your life to two Sahovans. One life is not enough to pay two debts.”

“Why don’t you end the suffering here and now, Amireh?”
She could almost swear Aelobius was giggling as he offered, “Marry me and become undead.”
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amireh on June 29th, 2011, 2:18 pm

What was he liked while he lived. She wondered. Was this madness always present or did it come from years of a twisted, morphed life style. Amireh imagined that one so in touch with the void would be at peace with himself, empty even, without unnecessary thought, yet here she was presented with the polar opposite. Even her previous teacher - that silly book she owned - the wording and scrawling was nothing more than the machinations of a mad man. Was that it then? When confronted with the vast nothingness of the void did all men loose their minds? She had touched the void. Been inside of it, but never had she gazed so deep into the emptiness that her thoughts snapped. Maybe that was to come.

The thought of relations with Aelobius made her sick. She wanted to wretch. No. No emotions. Her eyes flashed a vibrant yellow before they were overtaken with that dull grey of the void. Was that her soul slipping away? Well. She always had played with the idea of marriage.

"One life can pay as many as three debts, so long as the agreements are creative enough." Amireh stared into his eyes. Those cold, mad eyes, alight as they were with more emotions than she cared to understand. "From the moment I met you I knew my suffering would never end. If you want me so bad, Master," She slid her remaining arm up her side and along the strap of her dress, her head tilting over one shoulder with narrowed, piercing eyes. "All you had to do was say so. But," She paused and leaned forward, her back arching to heave her chest just ever-so slightly forward. "I will remain among the living for now. Would you take me as your wife despite the, ah, slight handicap of a heart beat?"

She felt her blood pulse. That faint pounding of the muscle in her chest. It echoed in her ears, filled her every senses with longing. With danger. Either he would accept, she imagined, or she would be very much dead in the next few moments.
Amireh
Player

Words: 32712
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Previous