how to find a librarian [Jason Luntilla / Caleb]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Coba on January 16th, 2011, 3:41 am

12th of Winter.

Coba felt like bashing her head against a wall. She had been looking for Jason's place of residence far longer then she could justify. It was beyond her why she kept going shop to shop, asking for a librarian and her bookish son. Or just the way to the library itself. With all the looks she got from the educated shop keep, so similar to the one Jason had given her not so long ago, she had a feeling that even as their voices said that they knew nothing of this small family, their suspicion in their faces spoke that they did not trust her far enough to spit, let alone reveal to her the location of one of their own. Directions to the library where all based on written signs that where about as reasonable as gibberish.

For these and other reasons, the stone that flanked the street was looking awfully tempting. It was nearing evening, and in that calm before the storm of after dark activity, the pathways were relatively sparsely populated. She had just spoken to her future employer, and on whatever impulse she'd decided to seek out Jason again, to tell him of this armed party that might increase his chances of survival outside Syliras's walls. She didn't even know if the Isur would appreciate it. In justification, the boy had considerable talents, of magical sorts, that may or may not come in handy. Maybe.

She glanced around, now desperate, to find Jason before her interest dwindled to the point where she had no drive to keep searching. The other, irritating fact, was that Syliras was huge, and she didn't know how many libraries one city might hold, or how many librarians there would be. It wasn't as if she knew much about books or their places of keep. So tracking down a single librarian's son seemed a gigantic task with very little chance of success. With this, also rose her ill temper. It annoyed her that she had to spend so much time grasping at straws. She snapped at one of the few pedestrians, a well fed, older man. "Librarian, woman. Has a son. Do you know them? Of them? Something?" He smiled at her in a way that was both creepy and suggested that he was a bit thick in the skull. He merely pointed. She followed his direction without question, to cross and impatient to stay and argue with his lack of actual help, and found herself at a door. Her first pounded the it, angry not necessarily at whoever was behind the door, but with the fact they may, or may not, be who she was looking for.

And for the sake of whoever opened it, they better be who she was looking for.
Coba
Let it burn.

Words: 35451
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2010, 12:35 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Caleb on January 16th, 2011, 4:51 am

Caleb had been daydreaming. Sitting with his back to the wall he had been thinking of the wirlwhind of events that had brought him to this moment. From richs to rags, and he preferred it this way. Who would have thought? He had been living with his rich dad forever, and now he was cramped in a room with his brother and step-mother. On the brightside of things, he didnt have to put up with his dad anymore. That was the best gift anyone could have given him, wasnt it? his Dad was horrible. That man had abused Caleb so much, that Caleb had contemplated killing him on occasions. Looking around the room, Caleb sighed in content. It was crowded with they're books. Books here, books there, books were everywhere. But he had grown used to the clutter, since it came with an older brother, Jason.

That was when a knock on the door awoke Caleb from his daydreams. the skrawny youth jumped up quickly, wanting to open the door himself. Despite the fact that he enjoyed his new family, he wished for some change. He had been scared to leave the room in the past couple day's, afraid he'ed never find it again. This had caused him to see no one but Jason and his step-mom. Caleb had gone stir-crazy, and this was just the perfect destraction. Even if it was just someone wanting directions, it would be a great diversion from the boredom.

Opening the door quickly, Caleb looked up at the woman that was standing there. He didnt know who he was expecting, but this definatly wasnt it. Shrugging away the confusion, Caleb quickly spoke up. "Hello, how can i help you? By the way I'm Caleb. Nice to meet you" His boredom was causing him to be over excited now. He had to forcibally stop himself from continueing talking and allow the woman to talk.
Caleb
Player

Words: 8221
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2010, 5:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jason Luntilla on January 19th, 2011, 5:40 am

Jason will be keeping an eye on his brother, he had been getting restless from the amount of sitting around that they had been doing, and though he was accustomed to it, Jason leaned over the side of his chair when he heard a knock, and saw Caleb open up the door and start rattling away. He will notice the bright red hair of the person in the door and say, “Come in Coba, you are more than welcome here, though I don’t know if you will find it particularly comfortable in here, by the way, this is my half brother I spoke of Caleb. Caleb, this is Coba the woman who helped me purchase all of our travelling supplies, quite a nice woman in my experiences, limited though they may be.”

He will turn back to his reading, being somewhat entranced by it, as usual, and realize that invariably Coba did not come to visit his mother’s library, for Coba was not one for reading, though she was one for information, a strange paradox in his mind, for the best source of information was often the kind that you read, and if you were to not read, you would not acquire information, oh well. Paradoxical as it may be, Coba was still quite a good person. Without looking up he will say, “So Coba what brings you here, you do not enjoy the company of books as I do, so I assume you are here to speak to me on some topic or another, what do you need?” He will now turn to face her and see that Coba looked seething, about ready to jump down someone’s throat and rip it out from the inside, he will stand up and say, “Or are you just as lost as I was a few days ago and it is time for me to return the favor?”
Jason Luntilla
Player

Words: 22434
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 4:37 am
Character sheet

Postby Coba on January 19th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Coba glowered. She considered turning around and marching back to the idiot who'd pointed to this door and chewing him out. Though a quick glance back into the street revealed he'd made himself scarce. She didn't respond, and likely didn't hear his introduction. She was too busy biting her tongue to keep from exploding in the bloke's face. Despite her best efforts, a quiet growl of frustration rumbled in her chest.

She peeked around the boy when she heard a second voice, to see her quarry leaning around a chair to look at her. Her mood lifted and became considerably brighter. "You! I have to talk to you." She listened to his introduction, giving a nod to Caleb as she examined the area from the door. Books. Books. And more books. Seeing this, she could understand how he was so . . . sheltered. The outside world was the best teacher. Though looking about, she seriously questioned whether he could survive it's lessons. Maybe she best just excuse herself and leave him to his reading. Her head snapped back to the origin of his voice when she processed how he described her to his younger brother. She narrowed her eyes and glared holes in the back of Jason's chair. He called her nice? He was going to ruin her reputation.

"Don't listen to him, Caleb. I'm evil." She gave him a cheeky smile, and while she said it jokingly, there were undertones of seriousness. "I don't get lost," she commented teasingly. "No. I've taken a job with a travelling band of mercenaries. They're leaving the city on the 15th. I thought that it would be an. . . idea, for you, to look into it as well. Armed professionals tend to increase your chances of survival out in the Wildlands, provided you don't annoy anyone to much."
Coba
Let it burn.

Words: 35451
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2010, 12:35 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Caleb on January 30th, 2011, 6:43 am

He started to frown as the woman turned around, was she going to leave so soon? No, when Jason confirmed who she was, She turned back around quick enough. So she had been disapointed that he had been the one to open the door. That was ok, cause it had given him a chance to meet her. Moving back in the doorway, to let her in, he smiled politely and listened to there banter. Who wanted to be known as evil? that confused him, but he instantly let it go from his mind after what she said next. There was a group that was leaving the city, and not just any group...mercenaries. This was just what they were waiting for.

"He accepts" caleb said immediatly, not letting jason answer. "We'll be there and going with them" he was already moving, this was perfect. Just when things were getting boring, life brought excitement. He went and picked up his pack making sure his cooking supplies were in there. He then moved accross the room checking everything, wondering what all he was going to bring. Not like he had much stuff, but he might enjoy some of jason's things on the road.
Caleb
Player

Words: 8221
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2010, 5:40 am
Character sheet

Postby Jason Luntilla on February 18th, 2011, 11:35 pm

OOCSorry for the delay, I had no idea what Jason would have done with this

Jason was confused by his brother’s reaction, he was not accustomed to people answering for him, even though he was planning to agree to the idea, Caleb answering still confused him. “So what kind of jobs do these mercenaries plan on doing? Unlike my brother I have no intention of rushing headlong into this, I want to know what I’m getting into.” He will stand up and look at her looking her up and down, she looked frazzled. That was putting it nicely.

Jason was a bit frazzled as well, he had been expecting to leave on his own, he wasn’t used to dealing with a lot of people, and he didn’t know how they would feel about him, “If the work fits I’ll take the job, but let me mull it over for a day, maybe by then I’ll know if I want to go travelling with a group of people that not only I have never met, but know almost nothing about. If you can give me a bit more information I may decide that travelling with this group of mercenaries seems worthwhile.” Maybe his brother was reckless, but he wasn’t going to be, he knew that he needed help, but he didn’t want to travel with people who he thought would hurt him.
Jason Luntilla
Player

Words: 22434
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 4:37 am
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on June 30th, 2011, 3:27 am

Thread Award!
Jason

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
N/A -- --

Lore
N/A

Coba

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
N/A -- --

Lore
N/A

Caleb

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
N/A -- --

Lore
N/A

CommentsI hate to tell you guys this, but there are no public libraries in Syliras. Therefore Jason/Caleb's mother cannot be a Librarian, nor Jason/Caleb the sons of a Librarian.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook