[Location] A Knife in the Dark

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] A Knife in the Dark

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 5:46 am

A Knife in the Dark

Image Everyone will tell you that the Knife is a person. The Dark is his store. What no one will tell you is how to find it. Usually because they don't know themselves. One of the more elusive merchants in Sunberth, Knife's shop is mobile. He shows up at various points around the city, favoring alleys and low key establishments, and he can only be found at night. The problem is figuring out where he's going to show up. The shop moves around on a pattern of three nights, giving most people that long to figure out where he is going to pop up next.

Business in The Dark is simple. You show up. If Knife appreciates your patronage so will he. Or she. Words are seldom exchanged, one places their order and Knife will either acknowledge the request or decline; the trick is knowing the prices. Knife never tags his own items and she'll never respond to a request for cost, instead inspecting his patronage to provide the coin they feel is fair. If it's not than the item is withheld until the proper Mizas, or tradable item, are offered. When exchange is deemed 'fair', Knife will take his due and leave. The item is usually delivered within one to two days of the deal to the owner's current residence. If they don't have one the person in question is approached by a bum with an unmarked package during the day, making for the occasional humorous scene. The question remains, then, what does Knife sell? A better question might be: Do you really want to know?

One does not simply walk into the Dark. Happenstance does not occur. Knife watches his current location like a hawk and is quick to retreat if she feels something is wrong. The information for his next appearance runs at a high price, often over fifty Mizas, but the right deals tend to lead one in her general direction.

ServicesKnife will barter for anything. Most people believe it works for The Fence in some capacity, but tends toward acquiring items still in the possession of others. The unique capacity of Knife though, is that it has no set prices; everything must be haggled for. Knowing value is essential.

Knife is also known to provide certain gear for Larceny and even have such items "in stock".

NPCs

Knife

Image One of the greater mysteries of Sunberth, no one knows much of anything about Knife. Genderless, raceless, the only sure thing is that it is not an Akalak, Zith, or Pycon. Its voice is tempered with a mask that hides any sort of tell-tale tone and it stands at a height of 5'7'', a suitably average individual of an average weight and an average gait. Vague, common, all of Knife's features could belong to any common individual on the road. It wears a long, thick cloak and a draping hood, extra material kept about in spades that would covered any signs of femininity and its hands are rarely seen, sheathed in loose gloves and often covered by drooping sleeves. The Knife is a master of anonymity and it prefers things that way.

Skills - Escape Artist 84, Brawling 34, Acrobatics 60, Climbing 52, Cryptography 55, Forgery 56, Running 40, Larceny 53, Stealth 67, Observation 61
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook