[Location] Temple of the Unknown

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] Temple of the Unknown

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 6:35 am

Temple of the Unknown

Image The very center of Castle Commons is marked by this massive Cathedral, the oldest and most impressive building in all of Sunberth. Some believe it was the only facility to survive the Valterrian and others say it was the first structure to be built in the city once it was repopulated, but the only thing for sure is that it is old enough for no one to know.

Despite both its location and poise, the Temple of the Unknown is nothing more than a relic. It sits without purpose, without inhabitants, bereft of life. No god reigns over this religious center and no priest tends to its walls, left empty for years on end as little more than a refugee to the occasional wayward pilgrim. The innards are scarred, ruined, and rotted to the core with little stability. Over the four stories that the temple spans one will find little more than ruined rooms and facilities, long raided and torn asunder by thieves and plunderers. Every level is set deep within a quiet nostalgia, a peaceful serenity that infects travelers as they come; infused with a holy aura that serves to calm even the most upset of minds. Many come to sit within the hallowed halls of the temple, if only just to take a moment and rest. While there are no written rules, no one dares raise a weapon within the Cathedral, for fear that they may awaken something deep within the ancient stone.

Many mysteries lie undiscovered within the temple. While many have pillaged the insides, few have ever stayed long enough to examine the building in depth, content to sleep a night in safety or take finery missed by those before them. Few have spoken of secret doors to an underground catacomb and a spirit that resides within, lost to time with little to do but guard ancient secrets. The Doors themselves are known to be sealed by a shield, or perhaps several. Whoever placed the Shield on the Catacombs Entrance has long left the Temple, whether they are dead or not, and as the temple's origin itself, nobody can recall when the shields were there, perhaps as long as the temple itself.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook