Which race should I be?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Which race should I be?

Postby Feirri on July 11th, 2011, 10:42 am

Hi people. My name is Feirri and I wanna know what race do you think I should pick. I originally wanted Feirri to be human and then turn
demon-esque the older she got. I wanted her to have black hair and bright glistening green eyes with multiple shades. Obviously here that is going to be difficult. I don't want her to be fully evil, and I really don't want her to eat people. I did want her eyes to change color dependinng on mood.. But I don't really like the race that does that. I like the shapeshifters race, because they have leaders, but I don't like how they don't grasp human knowledge that well. I want her to have some human traits, so is there anyway around that?
I still wanna take other things into consideration, it's just the shapeshifters seem cool.

Also..Can you have pets? Or are the shapeshifters pets? And..Lastly...Are there pet races I need to know about?

Jeeze. I wrote a lot. And thank you in advance for reading this and/or answering. Much appreciated. :D

And sorry if this posted twice. My computer is a douche.
Due to a combination of web browser issues, weak wi-fi signals, and a Dell from Hell, I might leave randomly or not respond at all. And for this, I am sorry, but it's also not my fault.
Feirri
The lovable unloving one.

Words: 3122
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2011, 6:04 am
Location: The hearts of million and billions of mentally disturbed fans.
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Which race should I be?

Postby Macabre on July 11th, 2011, 11:21 am

Hello, Feirri and welcome!

Vantha sounds like your best bet. There's no reason to not like them, they're adorable little humans! Dark hair, human traits (as they ARE human, just a subrace) and changing eye color like you want. They also live in Avanthal, which is a pretty cool place. HA HA. :|

The shapeshifters you speak of, I think, are Kelvics. They're basically animals that have the ability to turn human (many new players seem to think it's the other way around!). There is another race that, well, sort of shapeshifts. More of a were-race, the Ethaefal, that change between night and day, season to season. They also have horns when their god is active, so that's pretty cool~

There are no demons in Mizahar. I mean, there are monsters! But, no playable ones (unless you begin counting the nonhuman playable races as monsters). They just sort of roam the forests and seas and a generally terrible to encounter. Then there are familiars ...

I hope I've at least been a little helpful~

Best of luck in choosing your race. If you were to ask me, I'm a little biased ...
we do what we must, because we can. for the
good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

kalinor lore | the symenestra | faq | office
Macabre
That's funny, I don't feel corrupt.

Words: 52332
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Which race should I be?

Postby Vanator on July 11th, 2011, 11:42 am

It is difficult to come into Mizahar with a character or a pre-conceived character idea and try to make it fit our unique races. I challenge you to read over the races, select one that appeals to you, and create a character that fits Mizahar, instead of trying to make Mizahar fit your character. :)

btw...Kevlics are not without human traits. They are unique in that they have animal perspective. Also, Kelvics can adopt more "humanity" one they are around more people, especially with a bondmate. However, they will always be an animal who has human traits, not the other way around.

Hope this helps, welcome to Mizahar and I look forward to meeting you.

Mike
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Which race should I be?

Postby Feirri on July 11th, 2011, 12:43 pm

Heh. I guess I will do that. Hehe the one with 6 arms reminds me of "Spydra" off of Gadget Boy. Which is, coincidenatally, on right now.
Due to a combination of web browser issues, weak wi-fi signals, and a Dell from Hell, I might leave randomly or not respond at all. And for this, I am sorry, but it's also not my fault.
Feirri
The lovable unloving one.

Words: 3122
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2011, 6:04 am
Location: The hearts of million and billions of mentally disturbed fans.
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet