[Location] The Storage Houses

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] The Storage Houses

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 2:45 pm

The Storage Houses

Image The largest section of the Castle Commons, the storage houses are set in a single, large compound where merchants place the whole of their stocks to be seen by hired men paid to Not steal their goods. A merchant will often pay well to see that his merchandise will never be touched, misplaced, tampered with, or most of all, stolen. The people allow it because it makes the merchants happy, and when the merchants are happy business is good, and when business is good the people are happy. In truth most of the storage houses are a big extortion game. Once you secure a guard, the prices can raise on a regular basis until you can no longer afford it, at which point your loyal protectors take everything you own. A few of the craftier merchants can avoid the devious tricks, but most of them remain unaware of the transaction until it's too late.

The compound is wide, open area full of twisted streets and large, open buildings full of one kind of stock or another. Almost half of the houses are granaries, packed full of food and important goods for a city to survive on. The Storage Compound is rather "dead" for most of the day, quiet and without much traffic, so most of the small-time Sunberth gangs make their homes here, doing business on the never ending supply of back alleys and dead-end streets. The guards only raise a hand if someone enters a warehouse uninvited so small scale combat is common. Bribing already paid men to guard merchandise to make them turn their heads though, that's not unheard of.

With all the goods many thieves have made their fortune from the delicious pickings, but woe to the man who is caught. These Veteran guards are a force to be reckoned with.

ServicesBuying a simple warehouse costs 500 gm or a currency of equivalent value. Luxurious warehouses run from 1000 gm to 1500 gm. One can purchase guards for 150-300 gm each for a season for a simple house or 400+ gm a season for the larger houses; one can hire some of the small gangs around the area, though they tend to be unreliable, if significantly cheaper.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook