Misguided Hunt (Darian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Misguided Hunt (Darian)

Postby Cass on July 11th, 2011, 4:06 am

"Y-You foolish girl!" the man cried as he tried to regain his balance. Cass merely smirk. Even though the man still held his short blade Cass wasn't afraid. If one scratch sent him tumbling away then he most likely wouldn't put up that much of a fight. "You will pay for your foolish ways!" The man finally found his footing and just as he began to lean forward his eyes went wide and his mouth fell open. There, sticking out of his chest was the sharp point of a sword. Blood gushed from the wound as the sword easily began to slide out. Cass stepped backwards as the man fell face down, a large puddle of blood quickly forming around his body. Picking her gaze up Cass spotted a silhouette of a man standing in the shadows. Fearing what the new starnger's motives were Cass turned and fled deeper down the alley.

She ran as fast as she could before taking a quick sharp right turn into another alleyway. This one was quiet an empty. Cass bolted down the alley, her mind going a mile a minute. Who was that stranger back there? And...and where was her prey? She ran out into one of the wider streets and skidded to a halt. She glanced around but couldn't spot her prey anywhere. Growling, Cass turned to her left and stormed up the street, hoping to find her prey soon. If the trio got away then this whole hunt would be useless. She kept glancing back over her shoulder, still unsure of who the stranger that had killed her would-be captor was.
Because I'm a Whedonite....

Spike: If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move.
Cass
Player

Words: 77984
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2011, 7:29 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Misguided Hunt (Darian)

Postby Darian on July 12th, 2011, 4:20 am

A cruel smile found its way to his face as his blade sunk home in its meaty target, the strike on soft flesh sending waves of ecstasy through him. The only thing that could have made the moment better was if his had saw the life flee from the man's eyes, but that was not the case as fell face forward but he shrugged looking forward for his next target, and he didn't notice the tint of red in his vision. A vague sharp hung before him with wings that looked a bit feminine even in the gloom, and his heart hammered in his chest as he raised his blade to strike this new foe down.

All it would take was another jab and this one would be down as well, and then he could rescue Cass. Cass The name reminded him who the figure was before him, and he stayed his blade from striking just in time, as she sprinted off down the alley. " Wait! " he cried out to no avail, and paused only a moment to whip off his sword on the recently deceased man's clothing before sprinting after her, his eyes just glimpsing her turn the corner sharply. He sheathed the longsword as he ran, and his once cold steeled eyes became wide and frantic, and he turned the corner quickly, just in time to see her rush into a wide thoroughfare. His heels digging into the ground with every stride, his breaths came heavy and fast, and storing enough air in his lungs he shouted. " Cass wait, it's me Darian! " He hoped that she had heard him, but if not, he would try and tackle her down as gently as possibly, his longs strides gaining ground fast. There wasn't much time, there never seemed to be enough time
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Misguided Hunt (Darian)

Postby Cass on July 14th, 2011, 3:46 am

Cass kept up her quick pace as she moved down the street, occasionally throwing a glance over her shoulder. Relief that she had escaped the stranger was short-lived when she heard racing footsteps coming from behind. Not wasting a single moment Cass broke off into another run, hurrying down the street as fast as her legs could carry her. She did her best to focus on the street ahead. But it was hard. Her mind was split. Where was her prey? She couldn't allow them to escape! And who was this stranger coming after her? Was he sent by the trio to distract or kill her? There were far too many questions racing through her head for her to focus solely on escaping the stranger. But she got even more confused when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

Darian?

"No!" her imaginary friend snapped, appearing suddenly beside her, running. "Forget him. Focus on the hunt! That's all that matters." Cass drew her gaze downwards as she ran, but slowed down just a tad. B-But...Darian. It sounded like his voice! The other Zith growled, capturing Cass's attention again. "If you stop for him then all will be lost. All your hard work wasted for a stupid human you can find anywhere in this disgusting city! Your prey has not escaped! Don't let him fool you!"

Shaking her head Cass skidded to a halt before spotting another dark narrow alleyway. Against her imaginary friend's wishes Cass bolted into the alley, running a good ways down until she spotted a small mountain of crates lying about. She quickly shoved a few aside and crawled between the crates, trying to hide herself from sight. She was confused and...and angry! All that hard work and now look where it lead her! Holding her head between her hands she curled in on herself, trying to regain some sense and control.

Spike: If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move.
Cass
Player

Character sheet

Misguided Hunt (Darian)

Postby Darian on July 15th, 2011, 4:49 am

His hand stretched out, so close to touching her before she seemed to catch a new wind, and speed off into the street. Silently he cursed under his breath as he saw her slowly disappear once again, his voice echoing back it him mockingly at his failure. She didn't even respond to his call that she certainly must have hear, even from the distance that separated him he knew that she should have still been able to hear him. Perhaps things where more serious than he though, and Cass had really lost her wits, and he found he believed that cause the alternative was much harder to accept. The thought of her having lost all sense worried him increasingly though, and he could only hope she wouldn't try to do something stupid like attack a guard, or pilfer a inhabited house. Thought both farfetched and well thought out ones slowly weeded their way through his mind, and his eyes searched frantically for any sign of his love. The woman was a good hider he could give her that, and he didn't think he would be able to find her anytime soon, not with solely his eyes at least. Turning down a little used side street littered with creates and other old, rotten boxes, he scanned the brickwork carefully as he made his way.

" Cass, if you can hear me, please comes out now it's Darian! " he called out in a loud strong voice, it carrying across the passages, echoing from time to time. His foot crunched through old wood once more, and he extracted his appendage, before scowling in disgust, and walking away toward the mouth of it he had entered. If she had been here, or was here, she would have heard his calls for her, if she wasn't he was wasting his time and he needed to be searching elsewhere. Raising his voice again, he called out her name, hoping to get something of a response whether it be a noise, or a glimpse. Sighing, he continued on.
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Misguided Hunt (Darian)

Postby Cass on July 31st, 2011, 4:55 am

She needed to get control of herself! With her head between her hands she stared at her legs after curling in on herself. What was she doing? Running around trying to hunt down three silly humans? And for what? No...no she knew why. They had dared to disturb her sleep. Her peaceful rest with Darian. Darian. But they had still disturbed her! And for that they needed to be taught a lesson. Cass knew she could do it. Hunt the trio down and rip them limb from limb. She knew a part of her would enjoy every bloody moment of it. And she would remember it too. Maybe even look back on it fondly. She had the power and guts...but...but it was all still off. Something just wasn't right. Something was either missing or misplaced. But what?

A familiar shout caused Cass's head to jerk up. The shout echoed, bouncing off the dirty walls. Darian! H-He was here! The coming whispers of the other Zith teased her ears before Cass shoved one of the crates aside. She scrambled to her feet and stumbled out from her hiding spot. Glancing around Cass moved in a slow circle, wondering where Darian was. "Darian? Darian!" Her voice sounded strange as it echoed as well up and down the narrow street. "I-I'm here! I...I'm here."

Cass
Player

Character sheet

Previous