Verlyna's Emerald Pool [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Syndela on July 30th, 2011, 8:21 am

Rather than eating her meal whole, she thought of how to digest of this man properly. She was hungry, but would eating him all now be worth it? He already had started to dismantle his clothing prior to him being knocked out. Syndela took her time to remove the clothing piece by piece, studying each sector to discover what could be useful.
Heavy weapons and the crossbow did not interest her, but perhaps his coinage could be of some use. She prized the leather vest off and wrinkled her nose. Wood lice. The tiny insects wriggled in the fabric and authenticated their lifestyle. These men were wild, probably those that lived in the woods or camped in abandoned settlements. Disgusted, she threw the vest aside and took the time to observe his chest. Only a cloth shirt obscured the skin and held no material value.

Syndela scouted into the pockets of his pants, finding only dirt and a few coins. She pulled out the familar metal and counted. Only a single silver coin and two coppers. Pathetic, even the leader held nothing of value.

Brandishing the fine metal kris, she gripped the hair of the human and pulled it. " Could you crack his head for me? I don't know how to exactly severe human muscles. " Peering over her shoulder, the sight that met her startled the thin female. A giant snake thrice the size of a man. No, it was more. Silver scales decorated in blue and black expanded down it's body...but it was not the form she stared at. It was the face. The being's head and maw were huge. Predatorial. She was certain this thing could eat her whole and still be able to fit four other humanoids in the same process.

She leapt to her feet and backed off quickly by instinct, red and white eyes staring down the huge serpent with a mixture of fear, curiousity and confusion. Her lips parted for a moment but the words that trailed out were quiet, held back from the sudden shock. " ...Bones? "
She knew of Dhani and saw them from time to time but never as their true selves. Syndela had to admit, this was something entirely new to her. Yet it enticed her to know more. Surely he would still be open to discuss?...Unless this new form of his was too uncontrollable.
Syndela
Aerobatical Dancer of Alvadas

Words: 53078
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 3:11 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ssafirsotibones on July 30th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Finished with his transformation, Bones stretched out, moving his neck around a bit to loosen it up. Staring at Syndela, he wondered what her problem was. He had already spoken, and wasn't she paying attention when he changed form?

"Yesss? I am Bonesss... Did you need sssomething? Thisss isss my Dhani form..."

Moving his lower snake section, he went over to his pikemen. He carefully peeled off his layers of clothes, which were in varying states of disrepair. They were all cheap, and he did not even have any money on him but a few coppers.

Lowering his strong arms, he took the mans neck in his hands. Squeezing, he slowly squeezed the life out of him. With a pop and a crack, his wind pipe was crushed, and his chest slumped, no longer breathing in death.

Turning over at Syndela, he looked her over. "Ssso, I sssuppossse we will each get one? Ssseemsss fair to me..."
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Syndela on July 31st, 2011, 1:19 am

Crack! Snapped so effortlessly was the pikeman's neck. Bones possessed so much strength he could have done it with one hand if he wished. Oh, how she yearned to be as strong or at least, have some strength as he had.

The Symenestra felt compelled to give the snakeman distance but rather than retreat she thought it was best to remain calm. Quickly she nodded and pulled the heavy body of the human up, a tendril of bloody drool gushing down his chin. " Yes, one each but can you teach me how to severe this one's head? Break it's neck..."

Clawed pale hands worked wonders in quick attacks, sudden and impulsive. Critical strike was how Syndela could match strength, rather than aiming everywhere and hoping to slice whatever section got in reach she would focus on a weakness of the enemy and converged all her speed and force into a small area. Miss Orasil might as well sap what knowledge she could from the constrictor Dhani. If they were to never meet again, at least the wisdom of properly dismantling a humans head could come in handy.

A small moan escaped the marksmans lips. He was still subconcious but the sound compelled the female to blugeon him a second time. Pommel met head in a burst of movement, the marksman falling silent. Good. Syndela shealthed her kris and dropped the human on the ground with a flop - awaiting patiently and still cautiously whether Bones would teach his trick.
Syndela

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ssafirsotibones on July 31st, 2011, 1:57 am

Looking over at the dainty Syndela, Bones gave one of his creepy grins.

"I doubt you could ssstrangle him, or crusssh his ssroat like I did... You do not have the ssstrengss for it... You are better off just ssslashing out his ssroat... Take your blade, and make a ssstroke accrossss the throat here. When you sssee blood sssquirting heavy and fassst, you hit it, and he will die..."

When he said here, he reached out a hand to motion. He tilted the mans head back, and brought a finger across a vulnerable part of his neck.

If she did cut it as he said, the man would be dead in seconds, with the heavy blood flow that would follow.

That was about all he knew, which was from the result of one time he had bitten a mans neck. The blood that had filled his mouth, had been enormous. He could not believe the man had held that much blood in him...

"So, was that all? I suppose we might meet again?"
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Syndela on July 31st, 2011, 2:52 am

Bones had good instructions and she abided to them well, however she knew about her kris and it's functions. The blood of a human being spilt meant nutritional value from the meal would be lost. Blood was not the main part of the meal, but the glue that held the body all together. Losing too much would mean the energy gained from the replenishment wouldn't abate to it's full extent. " I am strong, Dhani! I can carry these piglets on my back if needed or in my hands. " Was this being judging her? Or was she being overly confident. Whatever it may be it had wounded her ego. Many times she had heard comments about her fragility. How the wind could brake her like glass. This was not true! She wouldn't allow her pale and weak appearance let her opponents or counterparts judge her.

Broodful, the Symenestra took grasp of her meal and pulled the lanky figure to his feet. The weight of the being was halved once the armor and equipment had been removed. Equipment both useless and empty laid across the ground, arrows and crossbow included. " Perhaps the pools may draw us here again, Bones...and maybe one day, I may prove to you I am not as weak as I appear. " Syndela kept a vivid eyelock on the large snake creature, a flush of anger surging through her temporarily. She was cool headed and calm but suggestions had always hurt her pride if spoken not in her favor.
Gripping onto the flaccid body, she heaved the pink figure up over her shoulder, pulling a thigh around her body and holding him to her spine.

" Until we meet again, Dhani. " Blood red orbs scanned over his snake-like feature, seeking a responce before she discarded the equipment and rushed into the darkness. Added weight made her movements much more slow and sluggish, but as momentum increased did the weight become easier. Crispy leaves and soft grass broke under her heels, softening the impact of her heavier steps. Robes flapped in the breeze projected by the movement, blending with the oncoming shadows until the silouette faded.

Crickets croaked from near the pond, filling the air with their mating calls. The only other sound was the trickling and splashing of water, issuing from the Emerald Pool. In the distance a night bird shrilled, it's wicked yet hypnotic crow echoing out into the forest.
The scene of the crime was left abandoned by the woman, equipment, blood and weapons sprawled forgotten over the ground.

Her thoughts washed within the vast encampment of brain activity. This was her first solid kill from within Alvadas, and done with an aquaitence. Photographic memory flashed before her eyes, scanning the scene of chaos that Bones and herself had unleashed upon the novice bounty hunters.
She analyzed the scene over and over, playing it in a loop in the perfectly still nothingness. No evidence there would suggest it was the work of a Symenestra nor a Dhani. Any fool could have beaten them with a blunt object to the temple. Alvadas would also play part. Syndela had faith in it's illusions and tricks. The blood splatter could easily be an illusion and with the rain, all evidence would wash away.

Perhaps Alvadas would work it's magic in her favor after all.
Syndela

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ssafirsotibones on July 31st, 2011, 3:33 am

Bones watched as Syndela said some various things. It seemed between the two of them, she was the one that was more short tempered.

Staring her in the eyes, he looked at her with a cold dead look, which showed no emotion. She slowly left, obviously weighed down by her new impending food.

As she left, Bones went around looking for anything of value. not that there was much, but if he did find anything, he would stick it in his pack, and then put his pack back on his back. Then he would go over to the dead man, and hoist him up, settling him over one shoulder. To him, especially in this form, the man was nothing, and he slithered away from the scene of today's acts.

He would make his way a good bit away, before setting up a new camp for the night. Finding a cleft in the mountainous area, he settled down. It would take him days to digest this meal, and so he would not be going anywere for a while.

Unhinging his jaw, he swallowed the dead man whole. In a bit less than a week, he would be gone, leaving just the waste behind which could not be digested. Then Bones would move on, finding a new prey to hunt.

-exit-

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallacy on July 31st, 2011, 9:12 am

XP Award!

Name: Syndela
XP Award:
  • Climbing 2
  • Acrobatics 2
  • Stealth 3
  • Kris 1
Lore:
  • Trust
  • Finding a common enemy
  • Hunting hunters
  • Lurking
  • Dhani transformation
  • Teamwork
  • Self confidence
Notes:You seemlessly brought me into Syn’s mind showing in great detail her throught process and the caution she takes at every step. I loved how each of her actions and decisions showed just how smart and calculating she is. Hope to see more of your work in the future. :)

Name: Ssafirsotibones
XP Award:
  • Rhetoric 3
  • Climbing 1
  • Stealth 1
  • Leadership 2
  • Unarmed 2
  • Philosophy 1
Lore:
  • Making allies
  • Finding a common enemy
  • Hunting hunters
  • Drowning somebody
  • Crushing humans
  • Teamwork
Notes:I loved the description of Bones’ Dhani transformation. He took a much needed leadership role, finding a very good balance between daring and cunning. I was impressed and am expecting good things from you, good work.

Syndela: 1 sm 3 cm
Ssafirsotibones: 3 cm

These deaths wont go unnoticed ;)

This thread was...well for lack of a better term, incredible. You both seemed to work together as if you had a shared mind, developing the story perfectly. Was an absolute delight to read!

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous