[Location] The Library of Sunberth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Leviathan on August 4th, 2011, 4:07 pm

The Library

Image Despite looking like a dilapidated piece of work, the building, known as Sunberth's only Library, is found deep in the maze of Stumble Alley, directly across the street from the Majestic. This Library isn't known by most of Sunberth's residence for several reasons.

The first reason for the Library's unknown existence is because, in Sunberth, finding a man or woman that can read anything at all can be a difficult task. As such, most people that stumble across the Library find it worthless and an utter waste of time. Secondly, the Library is free to use, thus it offers no real profit to control, so even the several Crime Syndicates of Sunberth don't see any point in bothering with it. Thirdly, it is located deep within Stumble Alley, which has been known for years to keep poor souls that wander within its grasp for too long.

However, because of it's unknown nature, there's next to nobody that knows the truth of the Library at all. Where the Library is small and packed with books (though nothing particularly valuable or rare has been found there), it also has a hidden passage into another building, without an entrance excluding for the passage from the Library. Since the knowledge of this hidden room(s) is unknown, the uses for it equally nonexistent. Only those few that use it know what they use it for.

And they are careful to keep it hidden.

ServicesBook Copying: 2x the book price.
Note: There are no magic books in the Library.
Remmy does not allow thefts of books already in the library; that's why people may pay her to copy them.

NPCs

Remmy
ImageName: Remmy
Race: Human
Title: Owner/Copier
Skills: Organization 30, Gadgeteering 55, Weapon (Crossbow) 45, Anthropology 60, Mathematics 55, Reading 80, Writing 65

Info: Real name is unknown. Remmy is the one and only staff ever working at the Library, and she absolutely adores her books. She loves to read, loves to write, and loves to do math. It's an odd combination, Remmy and Sunberth, much like the building itself is mismatched. Remmy is, without a doubt, a strange person to behold.

Yet, how could the Library have such a well kept secret and the owner and operator of the building not have and equally mysterious private life? Remmy is what someone would call a vigilante, though there's not even any evidence to suggest this. She is smart and clever, but has plenty of reasons to be considered dangerous, if she was caught in her private life. What happens in the secret rooms of the Library, stays in the secret rooms of the library.

Credit for this NPC goes to Leviathan

Lotharia Bloodrunner
ImageName: Lotharia Bloodrunner
Race: Drykas
Title: Co-Owner
Skills: Weapon (Longsword) 60, Acrobatics 45, Brawling 55, Tactics 40, Intimidation 50, Running 35
Gnosis: +1 Prowess, +1 Evantia

Info: Lotharia is a rare sight around Sunberth, but to anybody that watches her carefully (and lives to tell about it) will know she spends a large amount of time in the Library. The reasons are unknown, but it's most likely because wherever she goes, she leaves a trail of blood, and it is a place most ignored by the city. Little is known about Lotharia Bloodrunner except that she is a Drykas, she is incredibly dangerous, she is exiled from her homelands, and she works tirelessly to literally kill all corruption in the city of Sunberth.

Lotheria is one of the few known Vigilantes that cannot be intimidated, bribed, or extorted to back down. Killing her is the only way believed to make her forever leave alone all Factions that would seek to oppress and control the city, the denizens, and cause harm. She's difficult to earn the trust of, and even more difficult to kill.

Credit for this NPC goes to Leviathan

Moderator Permissions
Visiting the library and using Remmy’s copying facilities can be self-moderated, but any thread relating to the Vigilante Gang requires moderator’s permission.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Anarkhos on September 2nd, 2016, 9:04 am

From inside the building the library looks just like any other would, but from the outside one would see the two story building attacked to it. This is known as the box. A secret location for the newly founded vigilante gang that has sprouted into the city. The box consists of two rooms and one upstairs and one downstairs, both used for many purposes.

To join the Vigilante's one would have to meet a plethora of requirements. The easiest task upon the list being to enter the No Man's Land tavern and ask the bartender for a "Midnight Special" (A self moderated thread that would require a pm to me.)

Secondly, players mustn't have any positive affiliation with any gangs of Sunberth before joining the Vigilante gang. Players are required to abandon their old gangs completely before joining the vigilante's.

The third step is to prove yourself of use. This consists of a moderated thread. Lastly comes the interview, to determine where your place in the vigilante's would be.

Just about anyone can join the vigilante's if their intentions are in the right place. From the smartest scholars to the most fierce warriors, everyone has a place with the vigilantes.
Anarkhos
Retired Staff

Words: 78115
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2016, 11:48 am
Race: Staff account
Office