A Curious Encounter before leaving Ravok [Ren, Reaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ren Tanor on June 9th, 2011, 12:59 am

Ren Tanor

"Yes, even though i go to few places some day i would hope to travel to as many destinations as I can. Currently I am traveling just to recruit for my pack which I have been very unsuccesful at this point in time of doing. I have only been able to recruit one which is still not sure if she wants to join. Thus, I will keep at this task until i am atleast moderately succesful." Ren took a deep breath surpirised at himself for revealing so much. A smile spread across Ren's face,"I remind you never to tell me secrets, because I cannot even keep my own " laughing as he spoke in a light hearted tone.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Reaver on June 9th, 2011, 4:48 am

"You have heard of the Nuit, yet you don't seam to show any fear of a possible Nuit. You are as strange as Ren. You even ask of Animation, such a strange request. People fear magic enough, without the magical creatures casting more of it. Are you sure that's the route you wish to take? Beyond that... distinction, it is a very time consuming process. Might I ask, what makes you think I could teach such an art?" Reaver sat down, kicking the water a bit. OOCDoesn't take a genius to figure it out NOW, but he had a valid point for you being the one to bring it up. He'd have the same question for ANY particular magic you brought up.

He paused, as the lighter Kelvic walked away from him. He addressed her next question shortly after Ren's answer. "As for my travels... let me think. I've traveled all around this silly city, and the inside of it is very interesting. The outside is nice, less dangerous for us magical types. How I came across this silly abode, I've had this house..." Reaver paused, as he contemplated how to answer. "...longer then most anyone in this town has had theirs, I suspect. The house moves as the city demands, sometimes just drifting around as you see. I try not to be in the way, after all. Well, in the way of the important people."
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lavia on June 10th, 2011, 5:19 am

"I suppose I am not intimidated because you are actually the first nuit I have been this close to." she responded, giving a glance from the corner of her eye before looking back out to the water, "-and if you feel I am not adequate to learn of magic, that is fine.. and I assumed you could teach the art of Animation, because I know it has much to do with how you.. are." she said, not really knowing how to word what she was trying to say, "You know, how you are even standing."

She pushed her palms against the railing, and turned slowly to prop her hip outwards to rest against it, looking back over to Ren.

"I am sure you will become successful in your search for other Kelvics to join your pack." she smiled, nodding her head, "It takes time, and a lot of patience." she then looked back over to Reaver, "Sounds quite interesting. To live on water. I would have thought you traveled much more than you say. I spend my life traveling, I truly don't think I have a home. I guess us Kelvics really never find a home, until we have bonded."
Fluent Common | Basic Tukant | Poor Tawna
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Words: 94725
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2011, 3:23 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 10th, 2011, 11:58 am

Ren Tanor

Ren nodded in appreciation at Lavia's words. "Yes, I agree with you Lavia, like you said earlier you know how to spar, i know some my self well have to do some training together soon" Ren said as he walked swiftly over to the boat as well. Stepping onto the main platform Ren noticed the odd lock that secured the door that most likely led to Reaver's room. "Reaver, what is this lock here it seems kind've...odd from?" Ren asked as he fumbled with the lock.
OOCReaver you need to draw up brids eye view map of your boat house and put it on your cs. Just a suggestion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on June 10th, 2011, 5:52 pm

OOCAww, I'm no good at drawing.
"Everyone is, adequate to learn, however it's the consequences of learning that you must be aware of. I learned it before people were afraid, I suppose. Most people don't think about that connection, honestly. And though Animation is used to create us, that doesn't mean we're involved in the process. I suppose it makes sense, though I learned animation on my own."

Reaver paused as he listened to the reply to Ren, then Ren's reply. "Bonded? I don't know much about Kelvics, I'm afraid. Could you teach me a little more?" After his pause for an answer, Reaver went to the door.

Reaver pushed right side of the doorway back twords the door. "The door lock had to change to accommodate that it doesn't swing open, but slides. The frame of the house shifts when the door hits it, and that shift put's the weight of the house on the door. That, and a small wodden plank attached to the inside of the door to keep it from sliding. If I slam the door too hard, that locks too. It takes me some effort to fix that. Thieves often forget the simple locks that can't be picked, but must be puzzled open. Forgive me if I don't feel like sharing how." Having pushed the frame back in place, Reaver slid the door open a crack, then closed it again. The frame of the house did indeed shift to how it was before. "Call it a, 2 tier lock."
OOCHe opens the other lock by pulling a floorboard loose under his house, the lock falls through completely. He replaces the floorboard, and then sets the lock back when he gets inside. His magical lock was given away as a gift, though he'd love to make another one.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 10th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Ren Tanor

"Well bonding is like marriage between Humans but with Kelvics, its a way of letting other male Kelvics know that this female is already taken and shouldn't be messed with. As you could assume from this there are not many affairs because if another male, against his instinct not to, trys to court an already bonded female a fight breaks out which usually results in the death of one of the two males. Anything which you might add Lavia?"
OOCyou dont need to be good at it just use a ruller to create lines that would shape a room or something else it doesn't nescisarily need to be good just a little refrence point for your rp which include your house.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Lavia on June 11th, 2011, 12:31 am

Ren's question struck a short conversation about locks, planks, shifting and other things that immediately confused the mind of the Kelvic. All who knew the nature of a Kelvic, knew how simple minded they could be. Things that were much complicated, often reading and writing, were too difficult for the average Kelvic to learn, though there were some who do learn, with the help of their bondmates. Even though Lavia's conversation and often the parables that she spoke were filled with intelligence, there were still many things that bewildered her mind. She only watched, pretending to understand what was said.

She then turned her attention to Ren as he spoke of bonding, but it was not quite the bonding she had meant.

"Yes, I understand what bonding you speak of. That too I have not found," she paused, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, "-someone to share my life with and build a family. But that of course, comes much later. The bonding I was speaking of, has a lot to do with the inner desire of a Kelvic.. to serve and to take upon ourselves a submissive yet highly protective and obedient role to the person we bond with. Myself, for example, I never knew my parents for very long, and honestly do not remember much of them. When Kelvics are born, we mature very quickly and usually leave a year or even less after birth, to venture out on her own to find a bondmate to serve and protect. That is why I travel so much, looking for a bondmate.. looking for a home. I suppose it is in our nature -we just can not live alone forever."
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on June 11th, 2011, 4:57 am

Reaver pondered the two arguments brought before him. "Two, very different things. Marrage, mating, that I understood. The other, that's... new. Nature of all Kelvic? If you need a short home, mine is always available. The accommodations are... very poor however. It would be at best a way out of the rain. My ability to collect food is, well, none. I've never really met anyone who can live alone forever, however. I think I have some form of understanding. My knowledge in Animation stems from that desire, I suppose." Reaver seamed to trail off at that point, leaving him quiet for a while.

"Well, what CAN I teach then. I know of some healing, some magic, and I have some practice in skills that won't help you. Our new friend can hunt and spar. I forget, Ren, what is it you can do? I think I heard you can spar as well. Why not learn that first? I wouldn't mind learning a bit about what to do in a fight. I'd just rather practice somewhere other then my house, like the nearby beach." Reaver will hop off into the water, and walk up the beach. His head popping out first, and the rest of him with time. If the other two didn't seam to follow, he'd gesture them along as he made his way to a semi-level area of sand.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 12th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Ren Tanor

Ren followed Reaver, as he walked up the lakeside. Ren noticed many fishing vessels in the lake, ranging from the smallest dingy to the largest brig, drift along as they unceasingly worked for that day's wage. As they walked along Ren began to formulate his lesson plan for Reaver only to find that unarmed combat was such a diverse subject. Ren increased his pace until he was right beside Reaver before sycing his movement with Reavers so not to fall behind "Reaver is there any particular area in wich you would like to study within in the vast subject of unarmed combat(passive, agressive, grappling .etc?")
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Lavia on June 15th, 2011, 5:10 am

Lavia smiled at the offer to use Reaver's home if she ever needed, but of course, it was not likely of her to take it.

"Thank you I appreciate your open arms. But.. I don't think I'd be able to settle in just one place." she shrugged as she took in the view, "I am too much of a wanderer. Thirsting for adventure." she turned and looked over to Reaver, "-but of course if I ever need a place to rest or simply just want to peek in, I will do so."

She watched as Reaver hopped off in to the beach and began to walk near the shore, Ren following after. Of course, she did too follow behind, walking up near Rens side as he began to ask which area Reaver might have wanted to experiment in.

"Grappling is always interesting, but I think it takes much more strength than the others, since it isn't really any hitting involved." she looked over to Ren and smiled, "Hows about starting with a little passive sparing, then grappling and aggressive we can save for the end, once we all get comfortable with the techniques?"
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext