A Curious Encounter before leaving Ravok [Ren, Reaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Reaver on June 15th, 2011, 8:30 am

Reaver simply smiled at Lavia's reply on his offer of a home, though the mask hid that as well. Maybe one day he'd go do the same, but not today.

As the conversation shifted to training in combat, Reaver thought about the question asked of him, and considered Lavia's following comments. "I would like to study the entire process. Defense keeps me alive, while offense keeps the fight short. Grappling will help me understand what my opponent is doing when I'm bound, and how to escape from it. You can start wherever you want. I'll be watching first, as I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt from my inexperience. Let's say, aggression isn't one of my strong points." Reaver folded his arms, and thought of what to add, his silence drawing until something broke it.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 16th, 2011, 2:39 am

Ren Tanor
At this Ren crouched down low with his hands clenched in ready positon. His muscles began to tense in anticipation "ready when you are larina" Ren began to stretch as Reaver got into ready position, "Always remeber to stretch so that you do not pull a muscle, or worse. Oh and always observe your opponent for apparent weaknesses and such"
OOCSorry really wasn't much I could think of this time
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Lavia on June 16th, 2011, 6:09 am

"Very well, if that is what you would like, you can watch." she nodded with a smile as she turned to face Ren with an eager expression.

She watched his taken position, and his very low stance was one she wasn't going to take. Instead, she could use his stance to her own advantage, to knock him under his legs only if she needed to. She raised her own arms up, but did not clench her fists. Instead she left the open, palms facing Rens direction as she crept in closer.

"Right, do stretch as Ren said. But since we are pretty used to this I don't think we need much streching, do we Ren?" she smiled almost mischeviously, her eyes filled with excitement.

"Now, as he said, keep an eye out for your opponents weaknesses. I usually go for whats obvious, the wrists, but that can actually take a lot of strength with a constant grapple in the arms. Use your other limps to your advantage."

She nodded to Ren as she spoke to Reaver, and as she reached out she took a hold of Rens wrists, but did not go any farther, since this was only a demonstration and not an actual fight.

"When grabbing for the wrists don't focus your hold on the actual wrist, try and get a hold on the forearm as much as possible, and instead of pushing your opponent off and away," she paused as she grunt loudly, pulling Ren as close as he would allow, "-pull him close to you. In my opinion, takes less strength, especially if your opponent has the intention to be pushing you away. And also, you have a much better chance at grappling around his torso or even neck and shoulders, depending on your desires."

She nodded to Ren after speaking, waiting for any move he would attempt to make.
Fluent Common | Basic Tukant | Poor Tawna
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Words: 94725
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2011, 3:23 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on June 16th, 2011, 6:58 am

Reaver looked to the pair intently. It was almost as if they were related, as if a bond existed as soon as they went to spar. Their stances were... very different. Reaver thought about the things he'd been looking at. Only minor stretches and they were ready to begin, Reaver thought of how little he ever stretched, and contemplated doing it more. "do not pull a muscle, or worse." "observe your opponent for apparent weaknesses and such." Reaver decided the best way to use his advantages over his opponents would be to deny them that preparation whenever possible. Making them adhere to their other apparent weaknesses could also be a plus, lacking nourishment or sleep could also aid him. Though, when attacked in their prime, he'd have little advantage.

The demonstration began with a lecture, on a particular means of starting a grapple. Reaver thought about it, or more accurately how to tell when it was happening to him. He could be pulled or pushed, but should pull when pushed. Why? He didn't know. Use... other limbs to my advantage? Like, bite them? He continued to ponder, while waiting for the lesson to continue.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 17th, 2011, 1:48 am

Ren Tanor

Ren locked eyes with lavias as he started to circle slowly around her, looking for an opening. His eyes flicked over her body, never staying on one place for too long. Suddenly, leaped forwards sweeping his leg at her feet, trying to take her off balance, and jab and uppercut up at he lower chest.

OOCI hate combat post because its so hard to make a large one, Reaver when are you going to answer our other thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Lavia on June 19th, 2011, 4:45 am

She had released her hold on Ren to allow him to circle around her, and as much as his eyes did follow her, she did her best to keep her ears open once he reached behind her. Unable to see his next move coming, the sweep under her leg was a surprising attack, and as she was knocked to her knees she caught the thrust of his fist towards her chest, and without time to block the attack she was knocked just under her bust, but nothing extreme or very harmful. A soft 'omph' could be heard, and her only option now was to reach for his own legs, since she was now on her knees in the sand.

Once his fist retreated back to his side, the Kelvic woman tightened her arms around his calfs and held on tightly to drag him down in to the sand, in hopes to be able to get him on his stomach and straddle his back while grappling his legs.
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on June 19th, 2011, 4:52 am

OOCWait, actual wrestling/combat lingo? Oh man, do we have someone who has knowledge on the subject? :P
Reaver silently observed the two, it started as a lesson, then moved to a bout. He mused to himself what an awkward site this would be from anyone in the city, two naked people fighting and wrestling around in combat. How different the Kelvic were to the humans. He silently decided to find time to research the Kelvic with more detail, as they had some strange mysteries around them. He smiled to himself as he continued trying to learn how fighting with your hands worked through observation.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on June 20th, 2011, 6:31 am

Ren Tanor

Ren fell back wards as he was shifted off balance by the grip around his calf, desperately Ren rolled to his belly and tucked his elbows and chin tight to himself, so they would not be in easy reach. The tight grip wound around his leg made it difficult to manuever and take hold of the situation. Ren began to twist, jerk, and pull his leg out of Lavia's grip, in hopes of freeing it in time to make a full recovery. Using his second leg Ren pushed off of her body freeing the other from Lavia's consticting grip. The push off that used to free his leg caused his whole weight to shift making land right back to the ground from his slightly upright position. Ren dazed slowly stood up.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Lavia on June 21st, 2011, 3:39 am

She continued to be tugged and pulled through the dry sand, as her arms clenched tightly around Rens leg. She was reaching for his other leg as she slowly began to pull herself to her knees, but she was not successful. He pushed her off with his free leg, causing her slightly lifted body to fall back to the sand, her hands catching the harmless fall. She looked up quickly to observe his position, and saw him finding his own fall to the sand as well. She laughed gently as she watched him rise to her feet, and she did the same. Her hair was filled with grains of sand, while her body remained covered in a few areas because of her damp skin from previously jumping in to the water. She placed her hands on to her waist, as she began to pace her breath and nodded towards Ren.

"You have much determination. I like that." she said through a smile as she looked over to Reaver and held out her hand, her palm upwards as she somewhat guided it through the still air and towards Ren, "Now, apply what you observed with Ren."

She stepped back and knelt down in to the sand, her slender frame allowing her knees to rise near her neck with ease as she bent her body down, her arms embracing around her legs as she watched intently, allowing herself to be the one observing.

"Remember! Keep an eye out for his weaknesses."

OOCIf youre talking about me, I really have no experience at this at all D: Lol this is really my first thread involving any type of combat. Im winging it right now haha :D But enjoying it so far!! Ren has all the experience. When I saw uppercut and jab I was like OH I NEED TO STEP MY GAME UP! Hahaha. & Google some terminology >_>; haha
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on June 24th, 2011, 5:53 am

OOCHaha... I see. A little motivation never hurt.

Reaver sat quietly there in the sand. "There are many contradictions in how you two fight. Why is it Lavia holds her hands open, and Ren does not? Ren sits lower to the ground, yet Lavia did not. Levia went to grabs and pulls, yet Ren did hits and strikes. It makes it hard to tell what it was I was supposed to be learning." Reaver moved his arms as if imitating a scale. "One cannot compare the two methods for fighting, though neither really look superior at this point." Reaver folded his arms again. "Look for weaknesses, but none of you seam to target things that are a weakness to everyone. ...or almost everyone. So, perhaps you should inform me as to which weaknesses to look for, and I will try learning those." Reaver crossed his legs in the sand, his armor fighting him a bit. "I'm still waiting to see what I'm trying to learn." With that, his hands moved to his knees, and he began watching intently once again.
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext