A Curious Encounter before leaving Ravok [Ren, Reaver]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Ren Tanor on June 25th, 2011, 5:53 pm

Ren Tanor

Ren watched as Lavia began to stand at ease, Ren shortly followed suit. "well, the differences in our form is just a way to make your fighting more comfortable it. Only some people can do the flat palm for, only some can do the fist, and some can't do either and find their own style, whatever you feel more comfortable doing. Weakneses are different to everyone, for example your weakeness is your slow movement. I could take advantage of that by using my speed to avoid your attack. You could use my speed to your advantage by letting me run into one of your attacks when I lunge in for a punch."
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Words: 31487
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 11:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Lavia on June 29th, 2011, 3:35 am

Lavia nodded to Ren's response to Reavers many questions and she quickly looked back over to Reaver.

"-and yes there were different fighting styles involved. Ren went in for an attack, instead I used simple grappling techniques to defend myself and fend him off of me or wear him out. The more you grapple, the more tired your opponent becomes. But as well, it can become tiring for you." she smiled and softly laughed, "Sorry if we had confused you. I suppose when it comes to sparing, its hard to generally stick with one technique, especially if all you have on your mind is defending your own self. It shows that Ren is much more used to actual attacking, than grappling. But to make it easier for you, how about you try grappling for right now."

She motioned with her hand for Reaver to approach and she looked back over to Ren, "Ren, I want you to let Reaver get a hold of you as tightly as he can, and do not attack, but simply try to fend him off by using grapple techniques."

She stepped back from Ren and awaited for Reaver to move in. As she waiting, she continued to instruct Reaver.

"Depending on what is best for you, you can either raise your hands opened palms forward or in fists as Ren did so. But, for this round try keeping your hands open and trying to grab a hold of Ren's wrists. Remember what I mentioned about push and pull? Well, Ren will most likely pull while grappling, so if he chooses to do so, you should push. If he is pulling and you push, it takes less strength on your behalf and will cause him to fall or stumble backwards."
Fluent Common | Basic Tukant | Poor Tawna
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Words: 94725
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2011, 3:23 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Reaver on June 29th, 2011, 5:36 am

Reaver looked to the two, once again unwilling to budge. "Would I not fall with him? Physical strength isn't something I have. I could exercise, and my muscles would grow weaker from the effort. If I could, I would rather not deal in tactics that are as likely to fatigue me as it would them, as my fatigue would be drained first. From what I can tell, grappling typically leaves the stronger man victorious, and I need to learn things that do not. I need to learn weaknesses, not strength. Excuse me if I am reluctant to join you at this point in time."
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on July 1st, 2011, 11:59 pm

Ren Tanor

"Yes you would fall with your opponent to the ground, where you would begin to grapple for the upper hand. Usually the person who gains the upper hand in ground grappling wins the match, but like you said you dont have enough strength for that. The fighting technique that would be most suited for your level of strength would have to be one that you could easily win with, without exerting to much energy, maybe youcould use pressure point fighting mainly because of your exstensive knowledge in anatomy. These pressure points could be manipulated by a short jab, which could easily knock someone unconcious for hours, or render someone unable to move a joint. The only problem is that I don't know any of the point, i was hoping you could either find or know some."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 2nd, 2011, 4:53 am

((OOC))Sorry, not really my turn, but I feel he should address the issue. That WOULD be the ideal attack form for him, though.

Reaver will point to his eyes, then his temples, nose, gesture to his wrists. "I'm familiar with a few points, but my gauntlets are hardly designed for cutting. Pressure points work best when cut. Speed becomes an issue, but that can vary from form to form, and hindered by my armor. I'm slowly learning a way... around the speed issue, but that may be a long time away. However, my knowledge of anatomy is limited to the dead. I haven't had the freedom to explore the living as freely..." Reaver left a pause there, a hint of wanting in his voice. "I doubt Kelvics would be entirely the same, however."
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lavia on July 6th, 2011, 3:56 am

Lavia remained quiet to observe the conversation, and when the mention of pressure points was brought up, she grew perplexed since she had never heard of such a thing. Instead of being the teacher for a moment, she was listening in quite closely and very intrigued. Instead of instructing, she was for a moment, learning. She looked to Ren, waiting for his reply to Reaver.
Fluent Common | Basic Tukant | Poor Tawna
Lavia
Inquisitive Kelvic

Words: 94725
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2011, 3:23 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on July 7th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Ren Tanor

"You could use a lighter material for your armor, one that would not render your movement to this extent or maybe you could where no armor in its stead a robe or cloak of some sort. Im sure you could come up with something" Ren suggested.
"A kelvic's anatomy is similar to humans, which is obvious because of the body structure that resembles that of a humans. Would it not?" Ren asked raising his brow at the slight lingering sense of want in his voice "If need be you could examine my body for your research" Ren added catching on to Reaver cue.
Lavia remained quiet, almost unoticable as she glanced back between Reaver and himself. "Wouldn't slicing the pressure points kill them and defeat the purpose of the pressure points" Ren inquired as he returned to the main flow of conversation.

OOCI am sorry for my recent inactivity, as i have been vacationing in Angola, Africa. It is slightly harder to get a connection there.
George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Reaver on July 7th, 2011, 9:08 pm

"Wouldn't slicing the pressure points kill them and defeat the purpose of the pressure points" "I don't think I'll be fighting for fun, sir. If, when I fight, it will be my death or theirs. ...Though, I suppose it would be hard to collect information from someone who knows they will die." Having contradicted himself, he found his answer. "...I can see your point. I should put some time into learning to fight unarmed without lethal tactics. I would hate to randomly just hurt you a bunch, however. How do you suggest we proceed with this lesson?"
Reaver
Student Teacher

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ren Tanor on July 12th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Ren Tanor

"I think we should continue to mold a fighting technique that you can call your own, however I think it is getting around the time I would usually hunt for my midday meal" Ren said yearning to feel the rush of the hunt. "would you mind if i posponed our lesson for about an hour or so" Ren asked?

OOCI think we should try and wrap this up in atleast the next page or so

George Patton
Ren Tanor
Pack Beast

Character sheet

Postby Verilian on February 13th, 2012, 7:41 pm

Lavia

• +1 Investigation
  • +2 Hand-to-Hand Combat
  • +2 Teaching

Lores: First Meeting with a Nuit, Lore of 2-tier Locks, Basic Idea of Grappling, The Danger of Letting your Opponent Circle Behind You, Very Basic Pressure Points

Ren Tanor

• +1 Hunting
  • +2 Unarmed Combat
  • +1 Teaching

Lores: Lore of 2-tier Locks, Basic Idea of Grappling, Very Basic Pressure Points

Reaver

• +3 Observation

Lores: Fending off Bird Attacks, Lore of 2-tier Locks, Kelvic Bonding is like Marriage, Basic Idea of Grappling, Very Basic Pressure Points

You Question My Logic? :
XP explanation goes here.

Notes: Okay, so I was curious and asked Jen about the part where Ren smelled that Lavia was a kelvic. It seems that only kelvic's of the same species can identify each other that way. So in the case of you two, Ren would have simply thought Lavia was an owl. But no worries, I'll let it slide this time around.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous