Shipping out to Sylira (Seidaku,Kit, pm to enter)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Wrenmae on July 7th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Such beauty, born of nothing and made of nothing. It came and left as swiftly as an afterthought...but left more questions than explanations in its wake. Respectfully, Wrenmae said nothing at first. His first reaction was, admittedly, unabashed jealousy. Her power would not sicken those she loved or curse the people close to her. Her ability was graced of a kind, if but enigmatic, god and his was given of a monster. Second reaction was to congratulate, to take her up and swing her around as he might have before...despite her aversion to close and prolonged contact.

Surprisingly the third was curiosity, somehow bumped down the list by more passionate emotional responses. Perhaps his current state of being had something to do with it, but regardless he waited till all three emotions had run their course before responding. She had shown hesitance in revealing what had happened to her, who or what had hurt her. Wrenmae would not ask her, recognizing the distance between them both had grown since last they spoke.

"That's...amazing," he said at last, indicating the mark, "Most people here can only dream of the opportunity you've been given...congratulations."

He took a deep breath, preparing himself. She had risked herself coming here, and a part of him could see that now. As much as he wanted to keep her with him, to speak more before he was likely gone forever...he couldn't.

Shouldn't.

He had lied to her all his life about what he could do or who he really was, he wouldn't make his last action endangering her life.

"I understand," he murmured, sitting against his gear and nodding, "I suggest if you haven't a destination, to head for Lhavit...it's safer than here." He looked up at her, the sky catching her hair and almost setting it to glow. She was growing up in leaps and bounds, not slowly or gradually. Did anyone grow up without leaping here or there? In the Post Valterrian, did anyone have the childhood they should have had?

"Don't let me keep you," he smiled, waving her off gently, "You've got places to be and so do I, so let's not waste time talking about it eh?" He smiled, but not with his eyes, closing them as if against the glare of the sun.

As a long time ago on the rooftop when she revealed her talents, he could tell his mouth to do something his eyes would not follow. He was frightened for her, worried, tempted to leave with her...but his condition would make her fragile, weaker.

Everyone was leaving the nest, so to say, and it was uncertain they would return.

"Journey well Kit," her uncle wished her, holding out his hand, "May yours be a journey I'll hear someday, hopefully from your mouth."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Seidaku on July 8th, 2011, 3:55 pm

It appeared that the moment was less personal now, that he would be less of an intrusion. Cheers and well wishings and the other trappings of a departure instead of awkward glances and tears. Yes, now was a much safer time to approach.

And so he pushed away from the wall he had found to lurk against while the boy, who was no longer a boy really, and the girl could have their time together unspoiled. He walked slowly across stones that were damp with the sea's mist to stop a short distance away from the pair and nodded a greeting to the girl that was just short of a bow before he flashed a nervous grin at Wrenmae and said, "So, you're, ah, heading out?"

He flinched almost imperceptibly at the words. Of all the things to say, and he opted for the blatantly obvious. Though, even those words evoked concepts that were amazing. Leaving Alvadas, seeing the world, new faces, new places, new experiences. It was... daunting, but awe inspiring. Wrenmae would have the chance to see first hand things that he had, and likely would continue to, if he were honest with himself, only read about in books and scrolls.

Syliras, with knights in shining armor riding forth to reclaim MIzahar from the wilderness and banditry that plagued it. Zeltiva, or more specifically Zeltiva's University, with more books than a man could read in a dozen lifetimes. Sahova, where they had overcome that problem through magical rituals, brimming with secrets from even before the world was shattered.

Amazing was the only word for it, really.
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Words: 140247
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kit Rowan on August 12th, 2011, 2:33 pm

Kit was not sure what bout of stupidity had riven her to show Wren her mark, but she did not regret it. She could not think of anything to say; the moment was pure, and so fragile she feared the softest word might shatter it.

"I'll find somewhere safe," she assured him, sounding almost as though she believed it. "I promise." Kit looked at him and a little piece of her mind remembered the pestilence that had always followed after him. But at that moment it seemed a small thing. What she remembered was a friend from a city she would soon leave behind.

"Bye uncle," she said, ignoring his hand, throwing herself on him, hugging him tight. "I'll miss you."

She stepped back and smiled at her last friend. Kit turned and ran into the crowds around the docks, vanishing into the merchants and sailors. If she looked back, Wren did not see it.

OOCEr, sorry this took forever and a day. Can you ever forgive me?
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

Postby Wrenmae on November 8th, 2011, 9:39 am

He briefly enveloped her, his lanky arms crossing her back like belts before relinquishing the girl to the crowd. They would not meet again, not likely. The world was too large, dangers too fierce. Both spoke without speaking, mindful of the communication between friends and strangers. As always, expressions and bodies spoke louder than pitiful words ever could.

Wrenmae watched his only family vanish beyond the clumsy limbs of sailors and deckhands, sighing her departure out of his nose and mouth before turning to Seidaku.

How long the mage had stood there, watching the emotional scourging of he and Kit was unknown. There was only that slight pause before speaking, the hesitant apprehension of a man who did not know what to say, or how to say it. But if he had words for Wrenmae about the brief reunion with his niece, he gave no indication.

"Yes," the pupil answered, trying to meet Seidaku's nervous eyes with his own, "For better or worse, I can't stay here."

Part of him wished he could, cast away his ticket on the Wretched Sprite and move in with the Voiding teacher. Life wouldn't be awful, certainly surprising. Seidaku was the only person to look on Wrenmae as more than a monster, or a walking disaster. In a way, they were family as well...bonds forged in tutelage and blood spent.

"Seidaku, I wanted to know if you'd care for my horse. Weaver's been sick lately and..." he paused, looking over at the faintly glowing horse. Weaver looked back at him wearily, the travels of the past months weighing heavily on his body. "And I want him to take it easy. I'm not sure horses enjoy riding the waves all that much."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cantrip on January 15th, 2012, 2:49 am

Did you want something?

Wrenmae:
XP Award: Observation +1; Philosophy +2; Rhetoric +1; Hypnotism +1
Lores: Warning of Vayt; The Mark of Ionu; Leaving a Life Behind

Kit Rowan:
XP Award: Observation +1
Lores: The Visage of Vayt; Showing your Mark; Losing a Friend

Seidaku:
XP Award: None
Lores: Losing a Pupil

Additional Notes: Not a whole lot to give, except for copious praise. I loved how you wove this simple scene, with the exchange of raw, tearing emotions. Wrenmae and Kit are easily among the most mature, developed, expressive characters here, and you’re both great writers. You made me feel which is definitely rare. The solemnity of Wren’s departure was spot on, with lots of threads left unsung, a lot of quiet brooding, the whisper of secrets even as others are uttered. Unfortunately, Seidaku wasn’t a huge presence. The thread would’ve certainly benefited, but even then, great job!
Notice: thread tickets are sold out.
Cantrip
AS of Yahebah

Words: 82777
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous