[Flashback] Possessed [Nayato]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Postby Reshimi on June 5th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Season of the Summer, Day 3, 505 AV

The fire was nothing more than a pile of charred branches, left carelessly scattered in the rough sand from the previous night. It was only one of many footprints remaining from a late night and much talking, and some Chaktawe still slumbered in their tents despite the quickly rising sun.

Reshimi sat in the shade of tarp, comfortably settled in a dip of the sand. Her hands weaved a necklace rope while her voice weaved a story of her own past. "Sandstorms are the fury of Eywaat, truly," she said. Nayato lounged next to her, busy with his weaponry. "I remember, once, I was out with Melanie of the Suli. We searched for gifts of Everlasting, and it was only the first day of our journey. She was high, high in a weak tree, almost touching the sun. Her eyes scanned the land. Suddenly on the horizon," Reshimi waved her hand in front of her, indicating the scene, "the land rose up. Sand, whipping in the wind, coming right to us.

"We ran, ran until our feet were numb and our lungs and mouths tasted more like the angry sand than water. It bit at our ankles and fear moved us forward. Quickly, just as the wind picked my hair and the sand hit my neck, we three dived into a cave, squeezing in against ..."

She paused, glaring at her companion. Totally absorbed in his work, he seemed to be paying her no attention. "Have your ears turned off?"
Reshimi
Abayla Woman of the Kalanue Tribe

Words: 31281
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2011, 8:45 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nayato on June 6th, 2011, 12:10 am

Nayato was honestly listening up until a point where the sound of Reshimi voice faded into the ambient noise of the desert. He had been working on an arrow slowly fletching crow's feathers to the ends of several long shafts. Cutting a feather neatly in two he tied three of them into place on the arrows shaft in a triangular pattern. Even with a steady hand the feathers were still out of place and in turn made him clench his teeth in slight annoyance. When truly it got quite was only then did Nayato look up from what he was doing. What was missing?

Turning to Reshimi he instantly figured out that she stopped talking, though a moment of realization to late. "Uh..." slipped from his lips as he tried to put together what little he had listened to from her story. "Yeah, you and Melanie of the Suli where whipping each others ankles while high in a weak tree."

It was clear he had stopped paying attention when a small smile tugged at his lips as if to turn his story into truth that he was paying attention.

Nayato's smile turned into a embarrassed smirk when he thought about what he had just said. For a moment Nayato just stared at Reshimi blinking a couple of times before bursting out laughing. He cleared his throat after a moment and tried to stop the laughter or at least dampen it somewhat. Once he finally had the laughter under control, he ran his fingers along the shaft of the arrow he was working on. "I am sorry I was just..."

He wasn't ignoring Reshimi, it was just that something felt odd? Normaly the wind was to blame as it tricked the freckles on his fingertips that tracked movement. No, this was something else. Staring off into space he almost dropped this arrow shaft in his hand.

Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Reshimi on June 6th, 2011, 12:22 am

His mind had wandered! Her back straightened in indignation as she narrowed her black eyes. Even his polite smile! She opened her mouth to scold him before confusion commanded her features. His answer finally trickled its way through her thoughts, and the corners of her mouth twitched. She couldn't decide to be angry or amused.

She held his gaze, amusement winning and twinkling in her eyes. His deep laughter was joined by her light snorts. "It's fine," she said when their giggles subsided. "Next time, admit it! Or, lie better!"

Reshimi settled back into her indent. "Those arrows better fly as true as a raven, for all the trouble," she joked. When he did not respond, the woman frowned. "What is wrong?" She silenced herself, focusing on her senses: there were no sounds other than the whisper of wind across the dunes, no other feelings than the shuffle of sleeping bodies, and no other smells but the whisper of cooked food and hot air.

Worried, she stood slowly with clenched muscles and eyes on Nayato.
Reshimi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nayato on June 6th, 2011, 12:50 am

Ever since he was a boy Nayato would randomly feel something, as it a presences was beckoning him. It happened at the oddest of moments when he was sitting down, eating, in the middle of a hunt. Most if not all of the time there was a ghost around when it happened. Breaking his random gaze the look on his face wasn’t worry but of intrigue. “I promise to lie better to you next time.” There it was again. “Its nothing? I think? Or maybe?” When Reshimi stood up Nayato stood up with a raised hand. “I have to look into something, I believe to be important.”

Tossing what little tools he had laying around into a small bag, Nayato grabbed his quiver of arrows. “You should stay here?” Pulling his quiver over his shoulder, Nayato walked outside from under the tarp. “My Bow?” Turning back around he entered the tarp again looking at Reshimi. “Seriously. Stay here…” Taking his bow in hand Nayato slung it over his shoulder as if it were a messenger bag.

Exiting the he began to look around or better yet feel around for, 'something'?

Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Reshimi on June 6th, 2011, 1:17 am

Reshimi stared in silent surprise as Nayato quickly gathered his belongings, commanded her to remain inside, and left. Left! Without a single word of explanation or thought! She had a sudden urge to take his bow, but Nayato returned before she could act upon the whim. She found her voice, squeaky with surprise. "Wait, where are you going? Tell me, what is happening?" He was obviously not worried, which made her more anxious than anything.

His only answer was another command, bidding her to stay behind. She descended into silent anger, watching his retreating form. What was he looking for? With a huff, she gathered her water bag and quickly jogged after him.

"If it is so important that you must leave me, then I will accompany you," she declared when she crossed the distance. Why was she unable to stay angry at Nayato? Reshimi searched the area in turn, seeing nothing but empty land. Their tribe was slowly disappearing over the dunes and the sun crept higher.

"Is it ... " she started, hesitant to continue. There had been rumors floating about the Kalanue tribe, rumors about his extra sense and feel of the spirits of the ancestors. The tales spun were both frightening and exciting, and she idly wondered if this was the beginning of a new adventure.

She began again. "It is an ancestor ... ?"
Reshimi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets