Contracting a New Acquaintance (Andresciel)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Archon on June 7th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Season of Summer, Day 5, 511 AV

It was a warm and pleasant day in Syliras, which meant that inside the training room is was slowly getting hot and a bit stifling as the Squires and Knights worked on their combat skills. Most that were scattered about the room practicing with each other or the various dummies were fairly typical for what you might expect to see training on any particular day.

There was one pair that stood out from the rest for the reason that there was something slightly off about the two lightly armored men that sparred back and forth. Each wielded a pair of short swords, and they circled around each other as their blades danced with each other in flashing exchanges of strikes and blocks. With a moment of observation the first oddity of the pair was easy to notice, as the two looked to be the same man. Not just similar like twins, but everything down to their armor and hair style was the exact same. It was like watching a mirrored older man, who still had some strong vitality in his body, with traces of gray showing in their short black hair.

The second oddity took a longer time to discern, but was even stranger. As the two men sparred with each other their faces looked like they were engaged in a conversation, but no words passed between them. It was more than just the subtle exchange of looks that two close friends could share. Their faces showed emotions and reactions as if actual words were being spoken.

After some time the two ceased their dance, one having scored a glancing hit on the other's chest, and took a step back to bow politely to each other. After a moment the one who had received the strike vanished, and the man who remained bent down to pick up a wineskin that stood where his double had just been with a chuckle.
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Andresciel on June 7th, 2011, 7:31 pm

A pair of sapphire orbs watched the two men spar, noticing the oddity's almost right away. He always examined things, so it was a natural habit to notice such. When the one vanished, The Mage Knight left his spot and walked towards the one that still remained. He moved past the other Knights and the Squires who were training, to stand before the older man.

His six foot two form was lean, and his mind sharp. And for some reason, his instinct told him this man across from him was not what he seemed. And so with a low tone, Andre spoke to the male. "I know not what you are, Friend, but you be not one of us. I seek to know thy true form." He used a respectful older dialect, seeking to appease the being. He had felt a tug to it, and watched the being with his sapphire blue eyes.

Since he was not training today, Andre wore only his black tunic and his pants, plus a pair of boots. But his gauntlets had been put on, as was his habit every day to do so. Now, all he could do was wait.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Words: 90070
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2011, 3:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Archon on June 10th, 2011, 1:50 am

For almost a chime the older man simply looked Andresciel over with a mixture of confusion and curiosity. Finally a grin came over his lips as he let out a loud and boisterous laugh, and he brought up a strong and weathered hand to clap the younger man on the shoulder, "I'm sorry my friend, but only my Wife gets to know me in that way," for a silent moment he simply grinned at his joke, and then gave a chuckle, "You have the look and sound of a mage warrior, as I am. Ser Matthew Undred, and my companion," he held up the wine flash he had picked up from the floor a few moments earlier, "the one I believe you wish to speak to, Slekrisan."

Giving Andresciel's shoulder a light squeeze Matthew turned and started to lead the fellow Knight out of the training room, "He certainly has an interest in you, but here is not the place to talk of this. Will you come with us to find somewhere more suitable?"
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Andresciel on June 26th, 2011, 2:12 am

Andresciel's head bowed down slightly as he nods, "I am honored to know thy name, Ser Undred. I am Ser Andresciel, and I am indeed a mage warrior, enlisted in the order of Syliras." He turned towards Slekrisan, "Honored to you, Elder One." He nods to the elder Knight.

After a moments thought, Andre spoke up, "Ser Undred, There is an unused training room nearby. It just holds books now." He rubbed his chin, "I would know. I have nosed through several of those old tomes just to learn more of Syliras." He smiles before glancing to the other, Slekrisan as he stepped from the occupied room.

"You be not a race of Mizahar, I know this to be true, Friend. But I feel that thou means me no harm. I will speak with thee if you would honor me with thy words." He bows his head slightly, closing his eyes.
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Archon on June 28th, 2011, 2:10 pm

"There's no need to be so prim and proper," Matthew gave a chuckle and several hearty pats to Andresciel's back, "We're both Knights here, so please just call me Matt. As for the training room, it's probably best not to go somewhere with lots of books. Slekrisan feels terrible when he ruins a good book."

Matthew's gaze turned to the wine flask in his hand for a moment, and then he gave a chuckle, "An excellent idea, I know I could use a drink, other than you," he gave a laugh at his joke, "That will do well. Come, Andresciel!"

Without waiting for the younger Knight's response Matthew made a sudden turn down a corridor. Moving at a brisk walk he lead the way around a few more turns, and then outside of Stormhold into the Main Gate area, "Are you a drinking man, Andresciel? I'm fond of a nice strong drink myself."

At Matthew's pace it didn't take them long to reach the Rearing Stallion, and Matthew quickly proceeded through the doors and to an empty table. Placing the wine flask that was Slekrisan on the table he quickly called over a bar maid and ordered a couple ales.

"So tell me of yourself Andresciel," Matthew had a pleasant smile as he spoke to the Knight, "What arcane arts do you study? What do you hope to learn over time?"
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Andresciel on July 1st, 2011, 11:11 pm

Andresciel didn't try to answer as the older knight turned away, he simply turned and followed him, "Andre is fine, Matt. And I am a student of Glyphing and Reimancy." He shook his head as he lifted the glass of ale to his lips

"Many might think it strange of me, or stupid, but I wish to bond with a familiar. I would enjoy having a companion like that, someone to treat as a friend constantly." The Young Knight gave a sigh as he tipped back the ale "I am young, by most standards, and I have not been with the Order for long. I hope to become a top notch Mage Warrior for the Knights."

Andresciel snorted "Some doubt I could. Say I look too into The Arcane Arts and Djed. Others think that I'll go insane, but you must get the same words Matt." He shrugs "But that is what we deal with, dabbling in the arts right my friend?" He laughed. "Now, surely you are hungry? I am sure I can afford us a slight meal while you tell me of yourself? What are your arcane studies Matt?"
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Archon on July 5th, 2011, 4:21 pm

"Oh yes, a familiar can be a great friend and companion," Matthew patted the wine flask on the table fondly, "Isn't that right, Slekrisan?" after a moment he gave a small nod, "Go ahead, we should be fine now. The table has seen far worse on it than you, friend."

Much as Andresciel had seen before the wine flask vanished, and in its place was now what appeared to be a sphere of liquid quartz. Small enough it could easily be held in both hands it spun for a moment on the table, and then in a high, chipper, voice it spoke to Andresciel, "Hiya Andre! It's nice to talk to you finally. I'm Slekrisan, Matt's familiar."

Matt gave a small chuckle as he took a long sip of his own ale, and Slekrisan took to rolling/crawling about the table, "Aye, there are many who look down on the arcane arts, but you shouldn't forget that there is some cause for their concern Andre. You can do some amazing things by manipulating your Djed, but there are horrible consequences for failure," a smile brightened his face as he gave another chuckle, "But enough of the dire talk, a meal would be greatly appreciated my friend!"

As Matthew returned to drinking his ale Slekrisan rolled up in front of Andresciel, and spoke up brightly, "You study Reimancy? What element? Is it water? I think water is fun to play with!"
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Andresciel on July 6th, 2011, 1:35 pm

The Reimancer didn't seem startled, instead, a curiosity about the creature formed in his eyes. He smiles as he listened to the voice, offering his hand as a place to stand, "It is nice to see the true you, Slekrisan." He chuckles as he looks at Matt, nodding.

His hand came up and he called over the Bar maid to order for himself and the elder knight as he looked down at Slekrisan, "No. Not water. I use Fire and Wind. Water is my next step in Reimancy. I can manipulate the basic light spell for you." He turned his left hand over and began to focus. A Small sphere of flame burst to life over his left hand before sputtering out.

"And I know Djed is dangerous. It is horrible to deal with the insanity, but I seek to know the limits of my magic. I have yet to push it with my Reimancy, though I have yet to test my skills in Reimancy to the fullest." He glances at the Familiar, and smiles, "But I would enjoy a companion, like your own, who could aid me and teach me the ways. Actually." His right hand came up as he smiles, "I think if I did get a familiar, I'd want one just like you Slekrisan."
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Archon on July 7th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Slekrisan paused as Andresciel offered his hand, and then after a moment the little liquid ball popped up into the air and landed on the young Knight's hand with a soft splash sound. The familiar certainly felt interesting, warm and definitely wet, but more a faint dampness than the soaking sensation one would normally experience when trying to hold water.

"Oh, pretty!" the little familiar, which had grown smaller to better fit in Andresciel's hand, called out cheerily at the display of Reimancy, "You should learn Reimancy too Matt, then I could make pretty things too!"

Matt simply gave a chuckle as he put his mug back down on the table, "I'm a little old to be picking up new tricks like that," the older Knight paused as their food was brought out to them, "You asked about what I study of the arcane, Andre? Summoning and Spiritism mostly, and obviously Familiary," he gave another chuckle at Andresciel's feelings on having a familiar, "Tell me Andre, what do you know of familiars?"

At Andresciel's compliment Slekrisan gave a twirl and lifted a bit off of his hand, "That would be neat! Maybe you could bond with one of my spawn-siblings, I haven't seen them in years!"
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Andresciel on July 14th, 2011, 8:05 pm

The Younger Knight glanced at Matt "Hm. I know they come from their own world, that is parallel to our own. I know that they are split into two types. Light and Dark facers." He smiles down at Slekrisan as he chuckles.

He glanced up at Matt "You could learn Reimancy. I could try to help you. Though, I know very little about Summoning and Spiritism. I would be honored to learn of those from you." He then grins "But I don't wish to learn them."

Upon hearing Slekrisan's words, he looked down at the little ball of water and grins, "Really? You think I could? I would love it. Then I might could get to see you often. Family reunion, eh?"
Andresciel
The Mage Knight

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next