[Training Grounds] Built Isurian Tough (Jokor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Archon on July 12th, 2011, 4:14 pm

If at all possible the Knight's gaze and expression grew colder and harder at Jokor's words, and as the boy scoffed a faint sneer moved onto his lips, followed by a single, growled, word, "Pathetic."

Jokor's dash forward did him little good as it seemed the only purpose it served was to bring him within striking distance of the scarred Knight once more. Jokor's own strike was deflected by the old man, and in return he slashed his dagger along the length of Jokor's arm. The cut burned and bled some, but wasn't deep enough to do much more than that.

"You must be new to Syliras, boy," the old man spoke as he again stood ready for Jokor to attack, "If you don't want to be tread upon then you need to be a Knight, and a Knight's purpose is beyond themself," his blue eyes seemed to bore into Jokor as he stared at him, "Everyone in Syliras serves in helping the city, and if they don't then they're removed," the way the old man said the word remove gave the impression that he felt all such removals should be quick and violent.
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Jokor on July 12th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Jokor almost felt his blood beginning to boil as he was called pathetic, gritting his teeth in fury as the knight dared to act as high and mighty against him. Ignoring the blood dripping off his fore arm and the accompanying pain he lashed out with his dagger again to cover his retreat, he didn't want to keep in that guy's striking range for any longer then he wanted to.

At the comment that the purpuse of the knights was beyond itself he couldn't help but chuckle.“Yeah yeah, just keep telling yourself that.” he spat out, keeping an eye on the scarred knight. “you guy's aren't much different from the gangs at home. you just ain't got any competition too keep you shale spined bastards from forcing your rule on the entire city.” as soon as he spat that out he words he tightened his guard.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Archon on July 15th, 2011, 4:06 pm

The Knight simply evaded Jokor's strike with his dagger, and watched with cold eyes as the young man retreated. Those same eyes flashed with anger at Jokor's next words though.

"No better than a gang, forcing our rule upon people?" the scarred man's voice was just shy of a growl as he glared at Jokor, "Is that what you think?"

For a moment the Knight just stood there, and then he dashed forward with impossible speed. By the time Jokor could even notice the movement and even think of reacting the scarred man was already up close and striking. The pommel of his dagger up and in against Jokor's stomach with enough force to lift the little rogue up off the ground, and drive all the air from his lungs.

As Jokor fell to the ground the Knight stood over him, glaring down at him with an unmistakable fury, "If we were no better than a gang then you'd be dying right now, boy. Syliras is not some city that the Knighthood took over. Syliras was built from the ground up by Knights, and it's only through their grace that anyone else is allowed to live here. If you don't like it you're more than welcome to go carve out a part of the wilderness yourself. I'm sure that'd be easy enough for you with your skill at the dagger," there was a faint hint of a sneer to the man's face as he said those last words, making clear his true thoughts of Jokor's skill.
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Jokor on July 16th, 2011, 12:12 am

Jokor was about to give another skating remark to the scarred man, practically embodying the sunberthian stereotype, rude and stalward till the very end. But the man suddenly shot forward with almost monsterous speed and rammed the pommel of his dagger into his stomach with so much force he felt his feet lift of the ground, thanks to the shok he let go of his dagger and the weapon bounced alongst the floor. He unceremoniously fell down into a crumpled heap at the scarred knights feet, pathetically gasping for breath as the knight spat his venomous words.

As soon as his breathing was steadied to a degree he gave a defiant look towards the knight.
“Sure I suck with a petching dagger, but it doesn't take much skill with a dagger to slice somebody's throat when he doesn't know its coming. Then your speed doesn't do shyke.” He grasped his second dagger beneath his cloak as he pushed himself a bit more upright. If he didn't see him do it he tried to take advantage of the opening and slash at the man's legs. He didn't have to much hope for it though.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Archon on July 18th, 2011, 4:36 pm

The Knight didn't even flinch as Jokor's dagger lashed out and glanced off of the man's metal armor that protected his legs. His eyes however narrowed down at Jokor, and carried enough anger that they seemed just shy of conjuring flame to cook Jokor to ash.

"Did you just threaten me, boy?" the man growled, both his empty hand and the hand he held a dagger in clenching tightly, "Are you such a petching fool that you'd threaten someone who could clearly kill you, and just because they called you on your bluff?"

Again the man lashed out with a strike quicker than a blink, bringing the pommel of his dagger around to smash into the side of Jokor's head with enough force to send him reeling, and continued his growling lecture, "Don't you have any sense, boy? You must have all the luck in Mizahar that you've lived as long as you have."
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Jokor on July 18th, 2011, 7:10 pm

Jokor had half a mind to scream a few obscenity's into the scarred man's face and spit on his shoes. Probably answering his question quite clearly, but his sense of self preservation quickly took over and kicked that thought away. Almost screaming in his ear that pissing this guy off even further would probably be a very bad idea and would most likely end him in the tank. At the least.
“No I wasn'..” Jokor began but was cut of as the man rammed the pommel of his dagger into the side of his head, sending him reeling and falling backwards onto the ground, groaning in pain.
“I was just giving the petching reason I actually lived that long.” Jokor growled out,though it was more the anger of a beaten man then anything resembling a threat.
“And if ya keep knocking on my head you'll probably punch the last bits of sense out.” He grumbled.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Archon on July 20th, 2011, 1:55 pm

For a few tense moments the Knight glared down at Jokor after his explanation, and then a bit of the tenseness left his body as he growled again, "You're not in Sunberth anymore boy. Syliras doesn't work that way, and if you try it things will just go bad for you."

Leaving his combat stance the scarred man stood up straight once more, his cold blue eyes staring at Jokor intently. It was as if he was digging into Jokor's mind with that gaze, and trying to ferret out his inner thoughts and feelings. Finally the bald man leaned down slightly and narrowed his eyes once more at Jokor, "Tell me, do you know anything about Magic, boy?"

There was something behind the man's question, some goal he was heading towards, but Jokor wasn't sure what. Maybe it was due to the most recent blow to his head, or the man's hardly changing face. Either way the little man got the impression that there was something more going on here.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Jokor on July 20th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Jokor waited for a few tense moments as the knight continued to glare down at him, really hoping that he didn't start fighting again or worse killing him he didn't doubt that they easily could get away with murder. When the man lost a bit of the tension in his body he couldn't help but feel a stab of relief.

“I know that, for one thing the doctors around here don't nab people from the street and do who knows what to them for one thing.” Jokor managed to mutter to himself as he tried to ignore the uncomfortable feeling he got when the knight was looking at him. When the knight suddenly leaned down a bit and asked about magic he tensed up completely. Did he find out about the fact that he knew auristics and was now just confirming the fact before they would drag him of towards some dank chamber and let him rot?

Jokor quickly shut down that train of thought. He didn't as if he knew magic, just if he knew something about it. Quickly relaxing he nodded. “yeah I know some things about it, why you asking that though?” to anybody looking at him however it was blatantly obvious that he had tensed up though and the knight wouldn't have to much troubles figuring out why.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Archon on July 22nd, 2011, 1:16 pm

For a moment after Jokor's anxious reply the Knight kept his gaze steadily on him, and then the tension faded a bit again. The scarred older man stood up straight once more, his eyes relaxing, and the corners of his lip briefly twitching upwards, "You know some magic, don't you boy? What is it? Reimancy?"

Before Jokor could answer the man gave a dismissive wave with his hand, "Doesn't matter. You anger me boy," the man's cold blue eyes glared directly at Jokor again, as if the man's gaze alone would pierce right through him, "You enjoy all the benefits of living in Syliras with no respect for the ones who make it possible. Normally I wouldn't hesitate to beat you senseless and toss you out the Main Gate, but you're young and have the barest hint of potential. So I have a choice for you."

Again the Knight leaned down towards Jokor, but this time there was no narrowing of his eyes, instead they held a direct intensity that gave the impression that he meant every word he was about to say, "Either you leave Syliras today, with my help or under your own power, never to return, or you join the Knighthood as a Squire under me, so I can teach you some proper respect and show you what the Knighthood is really about."

The man stood tall, his icy gaze never leaving Jokor's face, and with the barest curve upwards of his lips into a smile he asked, "There you have it, boy, now what's your choice?"
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Jokor on July 22nd, 2011, 1:51 pm

Jokor's jaw nearly hit the ground in horror when the man hit the nail on the head and figured out that he knew some magic, though when he suggested he knew that element controlling thing he couldn't help but scoff a bit at that, who would want something that flashy. Before he could begrudgingly admit he knew auristics the man cut him of and continued his angry lecture from before. Jokor just grit his teeth and kept his temper in check, knowing that if he suddenly burst out in anger he wouldn't even get out alive.

When the scarred man leaned forwards towards him and gazed at him, jokor couldn't help but feel a cold shiver running over his spine. Whatever that guy was going to say right now he meaned every single petching word of it. His blood went cold when the man stated the choice, leave syliras forever or join the knights as his squire. Something in his very being rebelled against being under orders of somebody else. But he didn't want to leave syliras forever, he would never survive for to long in the wilderness if he was kicked out right now and he doubted the knight would do a lot of effort to get him somewhere safely anyway. That and the fact that he heard that squires got their expenses paid for them sealed the decision
“Fine I'll take the job as squire.” Jokor ground out as he pushed himself back upright and defiantly stared back at him.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext