Landfall! (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Darren on June 23rd, 2011, 1:52 am

His mind faltered as he felt the liquid slosh unto his empty stomach. He actually wanted to eat something not related to fish for once but he didn't want to be rude to Talen. Yes, rude. The man proved himself worthy enough not to be talked down to be the flippant Vantha, even though he seemed to have different views Darren noticed. Darren nodded his head exaggeratedly as he was told of the similar goal that both men had. Generously shrugging off the mild poke at his own goals he humored Talen as he went on about his ideals. Anyone's ideals can change if pushed hard enough, and that which didn't bend break he thought with jaded eyes.

"It is good you know calling. I am still... how you say? Working out the kinks" Darren replied as he heard Talen's job description. In truth he was given, no thrusted with his responsiblities and now, his goals. But that wouldn't deter him in anycase. He was made to fufill that inane desire. Produced, trained and even supercharged to make sure that it would happen. So when Darren heard the image Talen wished to project himself off to others he clentched himself tightly so he wouldn't laugh. "Hehe seems like a bit of a bother. Always having to be there for others to do anything right. I'd rather give them all a common thing to work against. I admit that would be nice... but really when has anything been done when others rely on each other so much he replied in Vantha.

He smiled a conspiratorial smile as he brought his hand to rub his forehead. Whatever he was drinking was really making him feeling hungry now. Don't want to run on just empty carbs all day... or fish he grinned as he rubbed his temple. "A swordsman? Good to use sharp stick against others. Gives a big advantage, ya wuss" he griped as he tried to shake himself back to attention. Show me huh? Maybe I'll show you how to help yourself without any help he mentally chided as his stomach started up.

"I dunno, I don't think you would do good in my routine" he smiled as he pulled himself up from the table. A few staggered steps and he was back to the bartender asking about supper. "Hey guyuh... mind fixing what is there to eat? I'm reallllyyy hungry and would something to munch on" he stammered as he described the portion he wanted with his hand. "I wantzz a big, hole steak. With everything and anything. Make it two for mai friend here" he ordered as he pointed his finger at the waitress. "Sorry... that friend over there!" he pointed. "And make it... please?" he trailed for a moment. He breathed in something fierce as he post aggressively sat with Talen. "You hungry? I'm hungry. Let's eat!" he yelled only a few inches away from Talen as he turned back to the bar man. "Hey! Whatare you lookin-waiting for?!" he muttered.

oocItalics are Common
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Talen Stirling on June 27th, 2011, 3:26 pm

Talen simply grinned at Darrens' drunken bantering, and walked up to the barman just as he yelled at him from their table. He quickly ordered two steaks with something on the side in Denvali, as well as a refill, and walked back to Darren.

Supporting himself on the table he tried to sit, momentarily getting his swordsheath stuck in the chair and repositioning himself before being able to actually sit down.

"You've started screamin' in Vantha, gonna be hard to make a superior race if you can't even order a meal." he laughed loudly, his own drinking making him feel somewhat flamboyant -- as well as forgetting about once being on duty.

"So, you gonna start your elite race with your Konti wife? Say, if you're gonna make an elite race what's gonna happen to all the one's that ain't of it?"

Talen smiled mischievously as he formulated his question, and as Darren answered their food arrived alongside their drinks. He started eating carefully, just after toasting his companion in degtine once again.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Darren on June 29th, 2011, 12:25 am

"What are you all smily aboutsh?" Darren asked ashe rocked back and forth on his seat. "I got us a meal..." he sputtered as they waited. Sniffing loudly as they waited he shook his head as he drooped to the side. I'm feeling all seasickness again...I'm is are topsy turvy again...? he thought groggily as he laid on the table. "It'sh Vani not Vantha! You silly Denvalis and your Denvali talk..." he moaned as he looked up from the table.

Their meal was given to them and as they finished Darren found himself a suitable answer to Talen's eariler question. "Silly ridiculumous Talen! Konti make only Konti! Even Dare knowe dat! ...You wanna no wat happen to othdurs?" he asked as he leaned over the table. "Come outside and I show you..." he smiled as he haggardly made his exit. "Come on Talen pay him and let's fight! I mean hug! I want to hug outside!" he grinned as he stumbled over the door.

It's that sort of talk that made him uneasy. Make a family with Eisi? As if he could. Not that he wanted to. But the disability was rather disabling in their relationship, not that she knew. And neither should anyone else besides him. So what else is there to do? Bury his sorrow in some good ole fashion fighting. Talen piqued his interest enough anyways. Sure he was am a bit tipsy-. He covered his mouth as blithe almost escaped from his throat. Scratch that, medium drhunk he assessed as he downed the vomit back down. In any case that was a good sign that he had to stop drinking. "I wonder if some of the food I ate will stay down after this..." he said to no one in particular.
Last edited by Darren on June 30th, 2011, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Talen Stirling on June 29th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Talen looked surprised, he'd actually forgotten that Konti only bred Konti if he ever knew. His surprise only grew, and he sunk the bits of food he'd just put in his mouth as Darren issued his drunken challenge and staggered up from the table. Suddenly, he felt challenged - Did he think that he and his "superior" race were better than anyone? "Allright, bring it on!"
Grinning arrogantly, Talen got up from the table abit slurry, but steadied himself, dropping his sword sheath next to his shield which he had hung on the back of the chair. He grabbed his and Darrens' drink, and brashly walked over next to him with a wide smirk, handing him the drink and a friendly thump on the shoulder. Testosterone and alcohol was in the air as he threw the degtine down with a pleased grunt and followed Darren out of the tavern. "C'mon, you show me what your fancy race is all about."

The daylight and fresh air hit hard, and he stood for a moment dazed reconsidering whether this was actually a good idea. He turned towards Darren with a grin, about to speak...
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Darren on June 30th, 2011, 12:58 am

Darren smacked himself a bit before Talen would come marching out of the tavern. Anything to galvanize himself to acton. He smiled coy as he say the other man's visage appear, making an attempt to stand up straight as the two men sized each other up. Was he talking about my race? or the people who are striving to be the best at what they do? he wondered as he stared playfully at Talen.

"Fancy race? That is not us" he cried out insulted as he compared the two cities. Denval was very modernized compared to Avanthal, although they lacked quite a few things his city had. Hmm... maybe he is right... he reasoned as he stuck out his tongue at Talen. "This is Vantha" he mouthed as he pointed to his eyes, running a quick pass through the different shades of light he had. "Me, I is about this" he declared as he took off his leather vest. Only a thin layer of linen separated his skin the outside elements. "Alright time for hugging!" he exclaimed eagerly as he moved forward to give Talen a spine breaking bear hug.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Talen Stirling on July 6th, 2011, 2:02 pm

OOCVantha or Common? ^^ I's confused.Darren gestured at his Vantha eyes, once again speaking in his own language. Perhaps he'd forgotten in his drunken state, or perhaps it wasn't a mistake. His eyes were shifting through many colours, and the display was almost hypnotical and very impressive. Regardless, Talen was confused and stood there paralyzed a moment as he gestured wildly.

When Darren took off his vest and moved forward, he was still in doubts; was he going to hit him or give him a hug? Well, it didn't look like any attack he'd ever seen at least... Talen stepped forward and hugged the stranger, he was alot more muscular under his slim and tall frame than he'd first thought, yet he refused to be outmatched and returned any force from Darren as best he could.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Darren on July 13th, 2011, 12:35 am

oocAll Vantha, can't be bothered to speak common when he's excited :P

Darren chuckle rumbled deep within him as the two made had a momentary hearty hug. As he let go he nodded in approval at the show of force the other had to offer but still he still had to stir the pot a bit as he conspicuously shoved Talen away. "Alright, alright your big and tough..." Darren announced unconvinced as he took another step towards him. But... how do you handle yourself in a fight? he asked arrogantly as he moved to poke Talen's shoulder, attempting to otherwise provoke the Denval guard.

"You know boxing?" Darren asked as he drew back and imitated the stance. He bobbed back and forth before he gave up the act altogether. Stumbling forward a bit before resuming to provoke Talen some more. He decieded to just fight him with whatever comes to mind as he managed to force himself into a stance. Feeling all types of limber, happy and aggressive a fight would really hit the spot and he had just the person to hit. "Come on! Fight!" he shouted excitedly as his body weaved back and forth. Maybe he was actually serious about the whole thing.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Luna Keln on July 13th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Luna was walking by the tavern when she saw two men hugging. 'That is odd.' She thought to her self as she got closer to them. Her dog ske looked at her abit confused and was watchful of the two men. Luna patted skes head and smiled and she saw them pull apart and the tall one looked like he was taunting the other one who as she barly could tell was a town gaurd. She could smell the booze on them from a foot away.
Luna Keln
Little wolf girl.

Words: 6282
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2011, 3:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Talen Stirling on July 24th, 2011, 11:01 pm

As he stepped back and received a sudden shove, he looked up at Darren bantering in Vantha with a vindictive stare. He lacked clarity with his also drunken mind, and as was pushed again he stopped closer to Darren and shoved him in the chest in return.

As Darren started dancing, Talen slowly raised his fists, a voice far back in his mind asking silly questions like why, how or when they were doing this. He smiled a competitive, challenging smile and crouched a little in the knees and back as he neared his sudden opponent. Suddenly he opened with a light jab from below towards Darren's head with his left, following up quickly with his other hand pulling back and suddenly noticing a weird looking girl staring at them - for a second oblivious of the fistfight he had just engaged in. A pale girl with black hair - Definetely not a native - was looking at them with a dog. Somehow the odd sight was so very interesting to his drunken mind it left him completely open to an attack from Darren - Though he might be too drunk to even realise.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Landfall! (Open)

Postby Darren on July 25th, 2011, 3:49 am

The blow smacked cleanly unto Darren's face as he closed his eyes in pain. With all the degtine running through his system he faithfully awaited for Talen to follow up. He didn't. "That's it?" Darren grimaced slightly sounding disappointed by the assault. Has this guy even been to a drunken fight? A jab? Throw something manly, this is a man's sport! Darren stirred slightly before he took a deep breathe in. Taking a look at what seemed to be distracting he looked uninterested at the woman and her dog. "Hey there"

Without warning he sent a heavy uppercut close to Talen's side with his left hand. His hand shaped into a palm would feel part the man's ribcage before he would draw back That was how it would have gone ideally, however Darren's aim could have been off and instead the hit would just run the length of Talen's side. Either way both would be painful for a few moments but not enough to stop him, it wasn't that type of fight. Adrenaline ran through his veins, endorphins made this ordeal enjoyable, and the alcohol would ideally make this seem understandable.

oocSorry for the crappy post. No you don't have to take the hit Talen just saying what would happen if it did. :/

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext