[flashback]Not so unvincible [Abashai]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Postby Fraha on June 16th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Timestamp:
67th summer 507 AV
The burning lands (North-east to Yahebah, some miles away from the walls)
Time: around half seven

Small amounts of sand grains were pretty frustrating. They were still hot because of an entire day under the sun. And they were slipping inside every step the small balck sandal landed on the ground. Black, homemade sandals with belt large strings wrapped on the foot and behind the ancle, two times to be sure it's tight. The steps were wide but light, it was almost a run, or at least an attemp of running in sand. Little Fraha, turned 14 since around 22 days running out of her city for the first time alone. Large balck shorts, knee long were swinging and moving in the wind since they were larger than Fraha's body. Tightened by a brown leather belt the shorts were hip low and two tiny black strings were tied on the bottom so that they would stay over the knee for practical and aesthetic reasons. Over the shorts a white blouse, with no buttons and short sleeves, it was worn like a dress and was influenced by the wind in the same way the shorts did.

She stopped, and placed the palm on the knees as she had to take a break. After a few seconds Fraha stood up straight. A copper skinned 5'3'' slim girl with a wide, almost dump smile on her face was staring at the infinite sea of sand in front of her. As the wind changed her neck long hair swinged covering her view so she took of her wrist a small white rubber band after grabbing as much hair she could she tied it up creating so a little ponytail.
Last edited by Fraha on June 21st, 2011, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Fraha
Rising Detective?

Words: 127178
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2011, 10:40 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Not so unvincible [Abashai]

Postby Abashai on June 21st, 2011, 12:16 pm

The cool sea breeze that often reached to Yahebah was quickly carried aloft and shredded by the searing heat emanating from the hot sands just a mile or so from the benshiran city. Abashai missed that refreshing wind. Nearly ten years had passed since he felt it dip into the sweltering summer streets of his home city. It was with some homesickness that he found himself drawing near to the white and red-bannered walls. Several years ago, he did ride close enough to see them, shimmering in the desert heat like a mirage. But the guilt, the fear of facing is family, had driven him back into the Burning Lands.

But the temptation to see Yahebah had grown too strong, as Abashai felt the weight of his self-exile, the sense of purposelessness that he wrestled with in the desert's windswept nights. He had directed his Desertbred again south towards the city, to glance upon its mighty stone walls and cedar and iron gates.

The wandering benshiran presumed the city to be just a few leagues away, soon to be visible after crossing a few more low dusty ridges. But his progress faltered as he saw a curious sight. A girl appeared atop a small dune. The wind twisted around her, tugging at her loose garb and wrapping her long dark hair around her head. She bound the unruly mane with a band at the back of her head and gazed out over the sandy landscape with a wide grin.

Abashai had seen a few travelers in the recent bells, indicating he was nearing Yahebah, but he had seen no one so recently as to attribute this young teen's presence out of sight of the safety of the city walls.

The young man did not wish to frighten her, but it was not entirely safe to wander this far from town without protection, from beast, bandit or sandstorm. Still mounted on his mare, Abashai waved and greeted the girl in Shiber. "Falim young one! What are you doing so far from walls?"
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Fraha on June 21st, 2011, 2:18 pm

Scouting around, for something even she didn't know, fraha was excited about her first runalone in the desert. Untill now she only had seen it trough the walls, or occasionally with parents, as a child. Would be great to catch a snake or something thought she, squeezing the eyes as her watch became more carefull.

Suddenly a manly voice interrupted her peering. It was rather close and sounded loud enough to her to be taken as a Threat. She quickly turned the head around, spreading other hair on her eyes and lips and saw an adult riding a horse, armed and serious. Eyes spread Fraha retreated a foot, which stumbled in the sand and made lose balance. She gasped as her knees flexed down and the hand planted in the sand to regain balance and stand up again. Beware bandit, you're standing in front of the protectress of Yahebah Shouted she bluffing in the most credible way she could. Her left arm raised quickly up, reaching behind her head and immediatly a sliding metal sound spread in the area as Fraha withdrew a 18 inch long Wakizashi.

Holding it tightly with both hands, with an angry expression Fraha shouted, with her childlish voice I mean no harm to you, if you're an evildoer get lost before i paint the sands with your blood. Scared to death Fraha was still acting though, cinvinced in her young mind that this would work.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Fraha
Rising Detective?

Character sheet

Postby Abashai on June 24th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Abashai had not meant to startle the girl, who must have been deep in her musings. The wanderer was amused as the girl spun around and stumbled, almost falling to her knees. The benshiran man stifled a laugh, the comical youngster struggling to right herself, kicking up dust and sand in a cloud around her. Once the girl found her footing, she stood tall and proud, her small voice ringing out a challenge befitting an yahalman.

The teenager's next move did surprise him, as she pulled a blade from behind her. It was an exotic weapon, a design the benshiran had never seen. Short for a sword blade, it was a fine sized weapon for the small young woman. She looked all the desert waif, hot breeze tugging at her garments and stray hairs, a dust-covered sword-wielding child of Byram defending the Holy City.

Abashai made no move to threaten her, remaining seated calmly on his horse, his hands resting on the horn of his saddle. "Surely the City of Yahebah has no more stout defender." He replied with a smile. "I am no bandit, and I mean you no harm. I am just a wanderer." His head bowed in greeting. "I am Abashai, of the sons of Havid." He leaned forward a bit, examining the girl. "And I ask again, what are you doing so far outside of the walls?"
Abashai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fraha on June 27th, 2011, 10:28 am

Unaware of the man's irony Fraha nodded proudly at his statement. Believing the man who called himself Abashai Fraha lowed down both hands and divided the hold of the hilt leaving the point of the blade caress the sand on her left. " I haven't met any yet either!" revealing her natural, acute and clean voice. " I am Fraha, sons of Aysaw and i'm here to hunt something and bring it home" advancing the free right hand forward and tightening the fist, which soon spread leading Fraha's long and thin fingers to point Abashai, and what are you doing out of the walls?" asked Fraha assuming that her interlocutor is from Yahebah aswell.
She made some steps forward to Abashai's direction since some wind raised making it harder to communicate.

Fraha's walk was very controlled now, like a cat she was carefully and gracefully placing one foot after another and even thou the a part of the sandals would disappear in the sand her walk was very light and so Fraha reached one meter distance from the horse leaving behind her one row of footprints and a line, drawn in the sand by the blade dragged jauntily as Fraha kept her eyes on Abashai and the horse which was interesting.
Fraha
Rising Detective?

Character sheet

Postby Abashai on July 6th, 2011, 11:48 am

The girl was bold, that much was certain. Her theatrics feeding a restrained smile upon Abashai's face. Her dramatic display, heart-felt bravado worthy of any young benshiran man, impressed again on the wanderer's heart. As Fraha slid across the surface of the desert like a sand cat, trailing her steely blade, Abashai climbed from his saddle, his own riding boots impacting the ground in a small cloud of dust. The hot wind whipped around the two desert dwellers, causing them both to squint to keep the sand from blowing into their eyes. When the sudden gust ceased its tugging at their hair and clothes, the young benshiran man bowed slightly towards the girl.

"Fraha," Abashai's head raised again, his blue-green gaze meeting the curious girl's own crystal eyes. They were bright and clear, the whites as pure porcelain. "It is a pleasure to meet you." His gaze shifted to the distance past Fraha, where he knew Yahebah stood out of view. "I have been outside of those walls for almost ten years, little one. I live in the desert." Shai's attention turned back to Fraha, looking down at the spry girl curiously.

"You are a curious one I must admit. Few young women among our people are so bold, nor do they hunt. What do you pursue with such a weapon? It is not made for hunting....animals at least." No, though unfamiliar to the man, he could see the weapon was obviously a weapon for war.

Abashai began to move, slowly circling the youngster, examining her with a friendly smile. He wondered if she were a student at the academy in Yahebah. "Perhaps you would show me how one uses a blade such as yours." His interest focused on the strange sword as much as it did the young girl wielding it. Did she really know how to use the strange short sword? Or was it part of her grandiose drama she played out alone in the dunes.
Abashai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fraha on July 12th, 2011, 2:34 pm

As the wind blew thru the sands Fraha closet firmly her eyes. If it wasn’t sand it would be the hair to disturb. She turned against the current and looked at Abashai moving the hair away, clearing her sight once again. As his boots hit the ground Fraha instinctively tightened the hilt of her Wakizashi. Being careful was her first thought despite the light headed nature. However Fraha bowed back in sign of respect to an elder. “it is a pleasure to meet you as well Abashai “Ten years in the desert? You must be an expert survivor, even my father, is not keen to wander in the desert too much and often” said she looking around. It was nice to speak Common, a good chance to keep it active in her mind. It was also like a fresh breeze to her ears, since she was to speak mainly Benshirian. The man’s next statement made Fraha blush slightly, a shy smile went to grow on her face as her eyes looked down for a moment.

“Thank you, that’s the result of growing with two crazy brothers and a father whose duty and hobby is combat and combat”. She scratched her head at his question while raising carelessly the blade she was holding “this?” asked she with a bored tone “My father gave it to me, he says that it’s perfect for me, it’s light and well balanced, can cut and pierce and is fairly long for me. Common swords are too heavy and, I don’t like them.” She twisted it, giving a spin with the left wrist two times before landing the tip of the blade on her right palm. “and it’s cute, I like it.”

His next question was unexpected, he wanted to see her use the blade? “You mean a spar?” said she as anxiety started to grow a little. It was exciting because Fraha was used to spar with her brothers, maybe a little with her father which would only train her. But a serious spar with a man who had survived the orange sea for 10 years was totally different. A wild grin on her face appeared as the adrenaline ran thru her body. This sounded like the chance of her life.

Fraha
Rising Detective?

Character sheet

Postby Abashai on July 18th, 2011, 11:52 am

Abashai chuckled as Fraha applauded his desert survival skills. "It it not my talent at survival that has kept me alive in the Burning Lands, but the hospitality of our people. The desert tents are more than willing to welcome a stranger and offer food and shelter in exchange for a few songs and help of an iron blade."

The wanderer watched the girl handle the blade. She was comfortable with it, showing no awkwardness as she gave the blade a flourish, the sun reflecting off the shiny blade in a bright glare. Abashai wondered if her father was a Yahalman, or what nature of benshiran would teach their child the use of such a deadly weapon. Most desert children are taught the use of a sling. But Fraha seemed a different sort, a rather brave girl to come so far from the great bannered walls.

"A spar? Of a sort I guess, I just want to see how a desert flower wields such a deadly sting. I will not harm you, little one. I would ask you give me the same consideration." He commented with a grin. Abashai slide the khopesh from the harness at his back, a heavy, awkward sickle-shaped iron sword. He held it in his right hand, assumed a defensive stance, and met the teenager's bright eyes.

"If I were to, say, threaten you, how would you attack me?" He asked, hoping to see how well this benshiran girl had really been taught about combat.
Abashai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fraha on July 18th, 2011, 2:06 pm

"Are they?" asked Fraha curious, it looked weird to her although the incomers from the desert were most likely, gentle people, like Schezha. And so was this man standing in front of her. And despite he was challenging her to a fight he still used gentle words to confirm it. "So you are like a bard mercenary aren't you?"

"Of course, I won't, this blade cuts only on this side so I will just us.." Fraha stopped as her eyes met the weirdest weapon she ever had seen so far. Its shape was nice, it seemed very performing and was indeed unique to her. "Your blade is pretty as well!" Said she taking a defensive stance. Her left leg went forward while the right back causing her to lower the upper body. With the weight slightly tilted forward she grabbed the hilt with both hands and pointed it in front of Abashai, keeping the tip of the blade at the level of her nose. Still, she waited for him to end his speech. She thought of a possible attack for a few seconds. His stance didn't apparently leave breaches but she could make one by distracting him.

With a slight smirk on her lips Fraha nodded before quickly turning serious, with eyes still like those of a tiger. Her legs ran the few steps that separated her from Abashai and when the right moment lifted the blade high holding it into the left hand as to aim a pierce on the jaw. She knew that he would try to block that or dash it which would give her the chance to strike her real attack.

As the blade was up Fraha flexed the legs and as a spring she left the ground as her legs pushed her up high enough to have Fraha's head higher than Abashai's. Since she was running forward the jump brought her in midair where she, after faking the swords attack used the inertia and gravity to strike a kick on Abashai's thigh. She would land on it and use the same as a support to jump away back. The kick however was quick and deep while her other hand was at her chest level managing balance and an eventual attack.

Fraha
Rising Detective?

Character sheet

Postby Abashai on July 22nd, 2011, 12:38 pm

As the girl commented on his weapon, Abashai glanced down at it, hefting it slightly. "This old thing? It is an old Eypharian weapon, not the most elegant blade, nor the most balanced, but it can prove to be most devastating." Indeed, the heavy, arcane khopesh was more ax than sword in its use.

The wanderer saw the stare of intensity fall across her steely eyes, and the teenager assume a suitable fighting stance. with startling speed, the brave girl covered the distance between them in a flash. Abashai, seeing Fraha raise her blade above her head, lifted his thick blade to parry. To his surprise, she sprung off the ground, her blade shifting suddenly, her leg shooting out at his thigh. Firmly planted, the impact was not crippling, though it made him wince as her foot bruised the muscle. Shai swung his elbow out to counter, but Fraha used his leg as a springboard to leap away from him.

A wide grin crossed the man's face, startled but delighted to see such a feat. "You are as lithe as a sand cat, little one! The enemies of Yahebah will be in for quite a surprise when they come across its mighty defender!" Then, suddenly lunging forward, Abashai swung the flat of his blade at the girl, aiming to slap her on the arse with it harmlessly.
Abashai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next