[Theo's Farm] Down to the Farmland (Seodai)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Sitkanis on June 18th, 2011, 12:37 am

1st of Summer, 511 AV

Eating out at the Stranger's Welcome had become a bit too pricey as of late. Sitkanis did not know the first thing about cooking and he was more than sure that Lysander did not either. When Adalia was around she had taken care of the cooking but in her absense the Ethaefal found himself a bit lost. He supposed the first step to cooking was to get ingredients. When asking around for a place to buy said ingredients he was directed toward Theo's Farm. The whole idea of getting and preparing food was a complete enigma to the man. He could not let Lysander starve because he felt too uncomfortable to step up to a farm though.

The Ethaefal walked up to the farm in hopes that he would find someone, anyone who could help him with his mission for food. He wished that Lysander was with him. The kid might have been loud and obnoxious but he was an amazing icebreaker. Sitkanis seemed to have meet more people than he ever had since he fell thanks to the little Ethaefal's overlt friendly personality. "I can do this. Get the vegetables and get out. Simple." Sitkanis pressed forward until he found himself faced with a boy who seemed to be a good number of years younger than him. "Um... excuse me. I can get vegetables here right?" Sitkanis was much more comfortable slipping into silence. When he was faced with a need to make conversation he clearly was lacking in the ability to do it.
We'll dance in the moonlight
We'll rock till dawn
And if you can't dig it baby
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Words: 136709
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2010, 4:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seodai on July 17th, 2011, 4:25 am

Seodai had spent much of the morning harvesting. Their limited space meant that they had to be creative in every aspect of their sustenance. Harvesting ripe fruits and vegetables was just as important as all that came before it because not only did it encourage the plants to produce more, but it also created more space, more room. There were times when the greenhouse was simply teeming with life-giving food, and Seo loved it then. He was always at peace in the quiet, with the plants as his company.

So it was that he happened to be carrying a basket filled to the brim with just that. Carrots and new potatoes, sweet strawberries and cherries were all carefully stacked with vibrant greens. The iron found in those precious leaves meant a great deal to Seodai, even if everyone in Denval might not prefer the sometimes bitter flavors. He had been gazing into his load when he came upon the stranger, explaining the ease with which he was startled.

The question made him blink, literally, and he glanced down to the vegetables he had in tow.

"Yes."

Of course one could acquire vegetables at the Farm. Seodai had vegetables in hand. Sometimes he thought people made no sense. After they both stood for a long moment in awkward silence, Seo decided to speak up again.

"Would you like to? Acquire vegetables, I mean."
Seodai
The Green Thumb

Words: 176148
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sitkanis on August 4th, 2011, 12:14 am

Sitkanis watched the farmboy carefully. He felt a bit awkward as he stood opposite of him, the pair looking at each other as if they were waiting for the other to speak up. Although Sitkanis liked to assert his dominance over the conversation he was a bit relieved when the boy spoke up. "Ummm, yes." He was having a hard time keeping eye contact with the boy. He was terrible at conversation and in truth, he just wanted to get the food and go.

"I'm Sitkanis by the way." He was not sure if he was supposed to introduce himself when he was only buying food but he did so anyways. He had never come to the farm before but he wanted the people there to think he was at least partially polite. Most others did not get a very… positive first impression of him.

"What kinds of vegetables do you sell here?" Sitkanis cursed himself for not asking Lysander what he liked to eat. On the other hand, he was paying for all of it so the kid would have to deal with what he brought him. When Lysander got a job and could help buy the food Sitkanis would worry about his taste in food.
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Seodai on August 11th, 2011, 12:11 am

Seodai softened, if only a little, because this was safe territory. Vegetables he could deal with.

"All sorts," he said, even offering a small smile to the stranger as he nodded toward the small farmhouse. "I'm just preparing baskets for delivery. Come, I'll show you what has been freshly harvested."

One of the biggest benefits of living, and working the farm was that they scarcely wanted for anything. Theirs was a product that no one could deny the need for. Food. And so it seemed seldom that they ever had to purchase much. Barter was a powerful tool and, even more than that, so was kindness. There were people that Theo or Seodai toted a box off to every other week or so, though they may only require their services once or twice a year. Such was life in Denval, where people generally took care of one another with a smile.

Besides, nothing was more terrible to Seodai than watching precious fruits or vegetables rot and waste.

If the stranger chose to follow, Seodai would have led him straight to the door of the home he shared with his uncle, and kicked it open with a booted foot. True to his word, the small kitchen area was currently littered with half filled containers all around.

"Today was a lucky day to stop by. Nearly everything is fresh in. What're you making, Sitkanis?"
Seodai
The Green Thumb

Words: 176148
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sitkanis on September 26th, 2011, 3:16 am

Sitkanis followed the man as he walked. He knew nothing of what Seodai was talking about but he would listen. That was polite enough. Besides, it would be good to make nice with the people who were supplying the city's food. Especially now that he had Lysander to take care of.

The farm was impressive. Sitkanis could admit that. While he did not know much about it's workings he could not deny that it would be interesting to learn. It would be a better job than just doing odd jobs every now and then when someone requested it.

Sitkanis looked around the house when Seodai led him in. It was a nice house, not unlike the one he shared with Lysander. When Seodai spoke up with a question Sitkanis was unsure how to answer. "I'm not sure. I'm not too skilled in cooking… or even preparing food." He tried to wrack his brain for any knowledge he had of cooking. Cooking was better left to the women, or so he thought. "I share a house with my brother and I'm not really sure what would be needed to keep him fed." Sitkanis and Lysander's situation was not an easy one to explain. The rest of the Denvali seemed to take Sitkanis story well but how would they take it once another Ethaefal, a younger one had been brought into the mix?

"Do you have any suggestions? I'm sorry. I should have come better prepared."
We'll rock till dawn
Well then I'm movin' on
-Brandon Saller
Sitkanis
Gimme My Nightlife

Character sheet