[Flashback]Going for a short walk[Herb]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 20th, 2011, 4:55 pm

510 AV, Summer 5

Once more Clyde found himself wandering outside. He loved to come out here, in the solitude, and listen to nature. Being out here, it was easy to fall into reminiscing about his happiest times of training.

Walking along, he listened to nature, and looked around. Of in the distance he could here a dog barking, and could smell the sea air as a gust of wind came from the port.

Sitting down, this looked like as good a place as any to rest, or to perhaps get some training done. After all, not many people came out this way, he would most likely not be disturbed.
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on June 22nd, 2011, 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Herb on June 20th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Herb was wondering around as per usual, he found it very therapeutic, enjoyed it, and for some reason seemed to meet a lot of random people this way.

As he wandered round the streets, mostly round the smaller side streets where he felt safest from all the stomping big people, that and this roads had the nicest plants, mostly left untouched or simply trimmed back just enough to enjoy and recognize.

While walking he notes an absoloute giant of a being, in a small opening that most people seem to have forgotten, standing in the opening he lays down his small back at the very edge of the open space, sits down and props his staff across his lap, while watching this figure

' Herb talks like this '

And apologies if I mix up my Tense's and Grammer, I've never been very good
Herb
Medical stone

Words: 27337
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 20th, 2011, 5:25 pm

Sitting back and relaxing, with his staff across him, Clyde listened to the surroundings. It seemed pretty quiet, as not much was going on, not many came this way. Relaxing, his staff rolled of him, and tumbled across the grass, getting a bit away.

As he sat up to look for his staff which was a bit away in the grass, he noticed a tiny little clay figure sitting there, looking at him, with a tiny staff in its lap.

Jumping up, he was surprised there was someone there, and let out a curse under his breath. "Who are you!!!"

Reaching down he recovered his staff, with his heart slowly returning to normal. A moment before he was quit relaxed, and not paying attention to anything. But to suddenly see something pop out... well it was a bit much. Though he did wonder why the creature was staring at him.

Starting to calm down, a small smile crossed his face. "Sorry, you caught me off guard, i though i was alone. Im Clyde Sullins, a human... and you are?"
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on June 22nd, 2011, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Herb on June 20th, 2011, 5:31 pm

' I'm Herb, a Pycon. ' He stands, with all his height reaching just about the 1foot mark, his staff standing only another half foot over his head. Walking into the centre of the clearing, he leaned down to secure the escaped staff from this new person, and picking it up approached the figure offering it back to him.

' I didn't mean to scare you by the way, I was just wondering what you were up to, I've never been too good with this though, ' shaking his staff ' You ever had much practice with yours? '

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 20th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Standing, he wondered how such a tiny figure could lift his big heavy staff. For something so small, it could lift a decent weight.

"No problem, i was letting my mind go empty. I like to relax out here by my self, it is a habit i got into at home when i was... training... i do need to work some more on meditating, i tend to lose focus pretty easily..."

Looking down at the little Pycon's staff, he though it was quit interesting. So tiny, how was it made? "A pycon, what exactly is that? i dont think I've heard of them before... And no, i haven't had much training with my staff. Well actually any training at all. I just like to carry it around, as it was a gift."
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on June 22nd, 2011, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Herb on June 20th, 2011, 6:13 pm

' Yes yes same, this was my Fathers, was a master with his own staff, make me this so that I could one day master it. '

He looks at the very large staff and simply shrugs at how you would wield such a hefty item, then strolls slowly back to his bag and sits back down, with his staff laid back over his crossed legs

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 20th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Listening to the small Pycon, Clyde let out a small laugh. "Hm... funnily enough i also recieved mine from my father. He made it himself, though he was by no means a master of using it. I don't recall really ever seeing him fight...."

"Perhaps you would want to try it out? Having a small spar? it might be good to learn some small fighting skills, though i doubt i will ever be a master of it... if so, lets go."
saying this he would stand up, and hold his staff in a defensive motion, waiting for the small beings response, as if waiting for it to make the first move.

It would be interesting to try out fighting with such a thing, though he wondered what would happen if he hit it. Would it be squashed flat? or something else entirely? well he might learn soon enough. though it did have more training with it than him, which was easy considering he had no skills at all in fighting with his body.
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on June 22nd, 2011, 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Herb on June 20th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Standing up he raised his staff, holding it in front of him almost like one would hold a sword but in reverse. Holding it up high with his left hand close to him, and his right hand holding lower down the shaft further from him.

Motioning forward, each step looking for an opening, he jabs the lower end of the staff upwards towards the upper right leg.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 20th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Looking down at the small creature, Clyde was surprised at its speed. Considering how tiny it was, it moved pretty fast.

As it darted forward, it jabbed him in the right leg, hitting him pretty good, though not really causing any serious damage.

Jumping back, Clyde hopped in pain, as he was not expecting things to move that fast. "Ow, ow ow..." Looking down at the Pycon, he smiled and let out a small laugh. "Good one, you caught me off guard..."

Now ready to take the offensive, Clyde moved forward himself, raining down blows from above with his staff, though admittedly not all that accurate blows. If anyone were to come upon them now, they might think he was involved in some strange game of whack-a-mole, though without the music. With each hit he would let out a "Hyaah!!!" alerting the pycon to his coming attack. Suffice to say, he was not to good, but for the most part neither were skilled enough to do any damage to the other.

Though who knew what unknown skills the pycon might be hiding.
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on June 22nd, 2011, 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Herb on June 20th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Using his size as an advantage, he ducked and dodged each of the incoming strikes from above, grinning that he had the clear size advantage though he did have to bring the staff up to deflect the occasional strike that he couldn't get out of the way in time, each strike would send him skittering along the floor, purely from the force of the blow.

When he went back on the offensive he thrust forward towards the lower shins, to fast for his own good, and went wide with the first lunge ending up between his opponents legs, grinning as he realised his mistake but quickly spotting a way to compensate, he withdrew the staff in an arch aiming for the back of his opponents knee.

' Herb talks like this '

Herb
Medical stone

Character sheet

Next